Week Ending 6/26/2021

This week had it’s ups and downs…………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

6/20/21 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Down to do the blog.  Cleaned up and out for church at 11AM.  Home and lunch.  Short nap and out to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Home and got the truck and Kathy then over to Mike and Julie’s for a great meatloaf dinner.  Home and usual evening routine.

6/21/21 – Monday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to the range to release some frustration.  Then some shopping at Lowes, the Vitamin Store and Harbor Freight.  Home and lunch.  Then cleaned guns and got the Raspberry Pi working as a repeater controller.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

6/22/21 – Tuesday – Up early this morning.  Kathy was already out to watch the grand children.  I did the laundry and cleaned up the kitchen.  Dogs gave me trouble today.  Otherwise, did computer work, paid bills, Etc.  Usual evening routine.

6/23/21 – Wednesday – Up early, cleaned up and out to a doctor’s appointment at the pain management center.  Home and lunch.  Then out to do the yard work.  Finished a couple minutes after 4PM.  Inside and cleaned up again.  Dinner.  Usual evening routine plus got hoses out of the shop to add water to the pool.

6/24/21 – Thursday – Up a little early today.  Cleaned up and out to pick up Gary to go for our hair cuts.  Home and some chores.  Then out to Chubby Ray’s for lunch and Kroger to pick up prescriptions and do some shopping.  Home and out to the Morton Building with the Chrysler.  Did some routine maintenance on it.  Mixed up some gas for the two cycle engine tools I have.  Married off gas containers and went down and picked up 15 gallon for the outside equipment. Inside and computer work.  Usual evening routine.

6/25/21 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Started organizing things in the shack.  Got a letter that the driveway didn’t suit the highway department so I have to get the guys back that did that and see if they can fix it for me.  Also got a letter from the bank needing insurance information on the house.  Got those resolved as much as possible today and finished organizing the shack.  Usual evening routine.

6/26/21- Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Spent most of the day downstairs working in the shack.  Kathy went up to help Julie with some things this afternoon.  Got Chinese takeout for dinner.  Usual evening routine except Kathy and I got in the pool for about 45 minutes.  Good exercise.  Will try to do that 2 or 3 times a week.

Now the specifics:

Last Sunday was father’s day as I’m sure you know and I was treated to an excellent meatloaf dinner at my daughter’s place. Excellent meal and great company. Brought some meatloaf home and we had it a couple times this week and it was as good as Sunday evening. Thanks Julie.

Got out to the range on Monday. Doing rather well if I must say so myself. No mask requirements which makes it much better to aim. Don’t have safety glasses fogging up and causing problems. This time out I took the 45 and my 9mm Springfield sub compact. Surprisingly I did much better with the 45 than the 9. But at it’s worst it was a good time.

Monday afternoon I worked a little on the repeater controller project I’m doing. Got the software loaded and configured on the Raspberry Pi computer and was able to simulate the receiver opening and watched it bring up what will be the key line to the transmitter and listened to all the announcements and all worked well. I ordered an interface card that will allow me to connect it directly to the repeater. Then need to get it all inside a case and we’ll be ready to go.

Kathy was suppose to watch kids Tuesday and Wednesday this week as the regular babysitter was going on vacation. But Julie decided to take off Wednesday so Kathy only had to watch them Tuesday. I spent the day in the kitchen with the dogs doing domestic chores. Got all the laundry caught up and cleaned up the kitchen. Of course at lunch I made a sandwich. I had about 2/3 of it eaten and got a call on the house phone. I got up to answer it and it was some asshole asking me about my car’s warranty. When I returned to the table, Rusty was helping himself to the last 1/3 of my sandwich. The dog is luck I didn’t impale him through the garage door.

My leg is still bothering me. Physical Therapy helped a little but still not having a good time with it. So I spoke to our regular doctor and he suggested I try the spinal injections. So I got home and made an appointment. I got in to see him this Wednesday. I was prepared for the worst but hoped for the best and I was pleasantly surprised. The guy was straight forward and up front with things. After a short chat he looked up my old information and said he could do exactly what was done previously. So now I’m just waiting for a call to schedule the injections.

After I got back from the doctor’s on Wednesday we did the yard work. Kathy wasn’t doing well as the new medication she was taking had a bad side affect that made her fatigued quickly. So I put her on the riding mower and I did the rest by hand. I was very tired afterward but the weather was mild so I didn’t feel it as badly. But it’s done for the week.

I have several projects going in the HAM shack at this time. Beside the repeater controller project I am building a pulse generator to be used as a time domain reflectometer. I also have the parts to make a nice square wave signal generator. But, I managed to have time to cleanup things and now I have plenty of room to work.

Friday’s mail was a nightmare. First I got a notice from the bank that holds the mortgage to the house that they don’t have the necessary paperwork for my home owner’s insurance. So I had to dig that up and I submitted it online. I called to have it verified and they gave me an email address to send it to as well. But they can’t tell me if they have everything until next Wednesday. So I’ll just wait on that one.

I also got a certified letter from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (Same as highway department in other states) that said they were not satisfied with the driveway I had installed into the field next door. It seems they sent me an email but that was about the time I lost my dandydan.net domain name which explains why I never got it. I called the individual they told me to go to for direction and he was absolutely no help at all. I tried to call the main office and got transferred to a voice mail. So I sent an email to the guy that sent me the letter and he’s on vacation for another week. So I called the guys that did it and told them about it. They will come to look at it next week. And of course that has me worried but I’m working on getting my head back to normal.

Well that’s life as it is in Kentucky this week folks. As always, hope this finds everyone well and safe. Stay that way. I will blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s