Week Ending 12/31/22

Not a super exciting week…………………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

12/25/22 – Sunday – Still suffering from the cold.  Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and downstairs to have our Christmas.  Kathy got ready for church and I stayed home.  Went back to bed.  Kathy came home from church and we had lunch.  Then got things ready for the tribe to show up.  A nap till they showed up.  They arrived about 5PM.  We opened presents then had dinner.  They played cards and I went to bed.

12/26/22 – Monday – Not as bad as yesterday but still have the cold.  Kathy got it today.  We were up at the usual time.  Downstairs to cleanup the mess from yesterday.  Had a late lunch.  Then a nap and usual evening routine.

12/27/22 – Tuesday – Another wasted day.  Up at the usual time then back to bed with Rusty.  Up for a light lunch.  Spent time on the computer while Kathy napped.  Had dinner and usual evening routine.

12/28/22 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time.  A slow morning.  Had lunch then cleaned up and out with Kathy to my Cardiologist appointment.  Made a stop at Feeder Supply for dog food than up to Mike and Julie’s to drop presents that were left at our house and pick up the ones they took in error.  Back home, put things away.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

12/29/22 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Kathy went up to get the grand kids.  I got cleaned up and loaded the cleaning supplies in the car and went to the church to meet them.  The grand kids needed service hours so that is why they were helping us.  After we finished at the church we took them to Dairy Queen for lunch.  Back home and put things away.  Kathy played games with the kids and I went to the Morton building to start Mike’s Land Rover.  Battery was dead as a door nail so had to put the charger on it for a couple hours.  Finally got it started.  Not sure the battery will hold much.  In the house and Kathy took the kids back home.  After she returned we had dinner and then the usual evening routine.

12/30/22 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Didn’t sleep for shit last night.  Up at 4AM hacking and coughing.  Didn’t do much all day.  Figured out the reason I felt like shit was being dehydrated.  Started drinking more.  Tomorrow we are going to Kroger to pick up more medicine.

12/31/22 – Saturday – Up a little late.  Got cleaned up and into Kroger to do some shopping for cold medicine and some groceries.  Picked up McDonald’s on the way home.  Got home and unloaded groceries and had lunch.  Didn’t do much in the afternoon beside take a nap.  Around 5PM headed over to the Rice residence for dinner and some snacks.  Played cards and left there around 9PM.  Home and bed.

Now the specifics:

As everyone knows, Sunday was Christmas. I still felt like shit so I stayed home from church. Kathy went and we opened presents after lunch. Then Mike, Julie and the grand kids came over and we had a big dinner. I held out till they started play cards and I went to bed. Monday we got up and cleaned up all the wrapping paper and put presents away. Mike had accidentally put some of my stuff in with there stuff and left some of Chloe’s things behind. So after seeing the cardiologist we went over and exchanged things.

Wednesday I had a cardiology appointment. He said everything looked stable and there was nothing more he could do for me in terms of medication. He suggested I got for an apnea test, lose weight and exercise more. I told him the apnea test was a waste of time since I wouldn’t use a CPAP device. He agreed. I told him I agreed that I need to lose weight and we would work on the exercise.

Thursday we cleaned the church. It is our week. The grand kids (Carter and Chloe) need public service hours for one of their school projects. So we took them along to help and then took them for lunch.

Saturday was of course New Year’s Eve. We went up to Mike and Julie’s and had dinner. Then some snacks and played cards awhile. Left there around 9PM and was home in bed by 10PM.

Well, what ever the crud is I had it’s a pain in the ass. I have good days but mostly bad days. when I have absolutely no energy, I’m shaky and can’t do anymore than sleep. We tried all kind of OTC medication and I think some of it was making me worse. So, I think I’ll stop taking anything for it and see if I get any better. If things don’t improve by Monday, I’ll go to urgent care. Otherwise I’ll hang in till Tuesday and see if I can get in to my doctor. I’ll keep you posted.

Well, Happy New Year everyone. Hope this finds you safe and well. Stay that way and I’ll blog at you again next week.

One thought on “Week Ending 12/31/22

  1. Happy New Year! I also have a head cold thanks to my great-niece. Daycare have all kinds of crud and of course the little ones bring it home. Wow…the snot that can build up in your head is amazing. My nose is ready to fall off. A little coughing but not bad. Took a few home Covid tests…all have been negative. I don’t feel to bad, just head congestion. Hope you get to feeling better!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s