Week Ending 1/14/23

Wow, got a lot done this week………………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

1/8/23 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Didn’t sleep well last night.  Food too rich at Milano’s.  Got cleaned up and went to church with Kathy.  We took down the Christmas tree there after the service.  Then home and lunch.  Down to do the blog.  Out to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Home and picked up Kathy and over to Applebee’s for dinner.  Home and usual evening routine.

1/9/23 – Monday – Up a little late this morning.  Was waiting for Rusty to come in and jump on me but Kathy closed the door to the bedroom.  Got cleaned up and out to the Morton building.  Gathered my plumbing tools and headed to the church.  We changed the tank supply valves in 4 toilets.  Got done and home.  Scrubbed my hands to get the black off them.  Then a very late sandwich for lunch.  Tried to take a nap but my insurance was screwed up at the Pain Management place.  Spent time on the phone getting that squared off.  Decided to go ahead and change over our prescription insurance at Kroger and order some medication.  Finally got a short nap then dinner.  Usual evening routine.

1/10/23 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Had breakfast and went back to bed till lunch time.  A long time since I’ve done that.  Kathy left after lunch to take Carter to the dentist.  I did chores around the house and made some calls to straighten up a financial issue.  Then out around 5:15 to go to Shelbyville and help with testing.  Then the HAM club meeting.  Stopped at Arby’s for dinner on the way home.  Brought it home and ate it.  Did some computer work then bed.

1/11/23 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time.  Did chores around the house and worried about my ablation procedure.  Left the house around 12:30.  Got to the office, got checked in and waited.  Got called and the procedure was over in a snap.  Got conscious sedation so I was very loopy getting out to the car.  Got home and went to bed and slept a couple hours.  Got up for dinner then downstairs for the usual evening routine.

1/12/23 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Kathy was out to take Chloe to the orthodontist.  I got on my ipad and it seemed like I had more crap to do than when I was working.  Anyway, spent most of the morning doing emails and things online.  Kathy came home and we had a big lunch.  Then downstairs to program an HT for a lady in the HAM club.   Up for dinner then over to clean the church while Chloe did her dance thing upstairs.  Finished up there, went home and put out the trash.  Early to bed.

1/13/23 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  All kind of complications today.  Medications not being refilled, credit card compromised.  Anyway, spent the majority of the day dealing with those issues.  Did manage to get the front off the fender amp that I’m repairing.  Nothing else notable for the day.

1/14/23 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Chores around the house this morning.  Skipped lunch and out to the shop.  Got the battery out of Mike’s car and measured the resistance on the battery cables.  Nothing looked wrong with the car.  Put the battery on the bench and tried to charge it to no avail.  In the mean time Kathy came over and helped me get the new NMO connector mounted and the coax run into the passenger compartment of the truck.  Got that finished up and down to the auto parts store for a battery for Mike’s car.  Got one and brought it home and installed.  All looks good now.  Inside and dinner.  Usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Well, for whatever reason, I was really apprehensive about the ablation on Wednesday. I drove Kathy nuts all day Tuesday and Wednesday morning. I sucked it up and had no sedation for the blocks. This time I was told I should get the sedation which I did. It was the same stuff they usually give you for colonoscopes. Doesn’t really put you out but gives you amnesia so you don’t remember anything. I think they gave me a very light dose since they put a small needle in my hand and really only kept watch on my BP, pulse and Oximetry. I believe I was conscious for some of the procedure but did not feel any discomfort. I was loopy as hell getting out to the car and it took awhile for it to wear off. I was better by the time I got home.

I am disappointed with the results. There is some relief but not nearly what I expected. Perhaps the additional pain I am experiencing is muscle related. I have a followup scheduled next month so I’ll get that all sorted out. Anyway, that’s all there is to that.

Monday there were issues with getting the ablation. So I had to call our new insurance folks and much to my pleasure, they were extremely responsive and took care of the issue immediately. Said they would handle it, they took care of it and I got a call back from them when it was all done. Don’t think I could ask for anything more.

So, while I was dealing with that I called our local pharmacy and got that insurance changed. Then I ordered all the medication I had listed that was refillable. Most of it worked like a charm. I am still working on an issue with one medication which isn’t the difference between life and death. HiHi.

Also participated with a work crew that replace all the supply valves in the toilets at the church. Seems we used 15,000 gallons one month and for some reason they thought it was the toilets running. I don’t see that as using 15,000 gallons but my job wasn’t to question, just do what I was told. They have enough leaders and I enjoy playing the dumb ass.

Tuesday evening was busy. I went over to Shelbyville for a 6PM testing session for HAMs. Then attended the monthly meeting afterward. Had 6 people test for tech and upgrades. Most everyone did well. One fellow only studied a couple days and knew he wasn’t going to do well and he didn’t. But we will see him again next month.

Thursday we cleaned the church in the evening. Chloe needed to do a dance routine and video record it for her entrance into Beta Club. So we figured if we were going down to let her in to do that we might as well clean the place. I seemed to do much better so perhaps the ablation does work more than I thought.

Friday I dealt with my financial screw ups. I keep telling everyone to not be just clicking on things and to be careful. Well apparently I wasn’t. Ended up getting a charge for $39.99 for a subscription to a gaming thing. I figured $40 was a cheap price to pay for being stupid. Well another one showed up so I called about it. They were very happy to give me my money back and wanted the first 6 and last 4 digits of my credit card to return the money. Of course I was focused on getting my money back so I gave it to them. Well, Friday a charge for $45.51 showed up. I started thinking about it and at that point realized how fucking stupid I was. The first 6 digits and the last 4 are the variable ones. The rest just show what kind of card it is and that’s easy to figure out with the first 6 and last 4. So, I had the card blocked and they will send me a new one that should be here Tuesday. But the lady I deal with at the bank is an extremely intelligent and she said to still keep my eye on things because with Master Card there is some way they can continue to charge. She told me what I need to do if that happens. Friday the 13th lived up to its’ reputation this month.

I have been procrastinating about going to the shop and dealing with my son-in-law’s car and getting the antenna mount and coax changed on the truck. Not sure why, I guess just because it’s a pain in the ass. Anyway, I got my ass in gear Saturday. Went out around noon and fired up the kerosene heaters. Then I started on Mike’s car. Took one of the battery cables off the battery and checked things on the battery and then the cables back into the car. Battery looked bad and everything in the car looked good. So I pulled the battery completely and put it on the bench. Put the battery charger on it to try and save the battery. While that was happening I started on the truck. Kathy was trying to help me but Julie kept calling her for things. So Kathy came in the house to take care of Julie and then came out to help me finish up. It’s always nice to have someone else around when your under the truck on a creeper and need something. Takes me 15 minutes to get my fat ass off the floor and another 15 minutes to get back down. You can see how that would eat up a lot of time. lol Anyway, I finished up the work on the truck and that all works much better. Kathy went down to the auto parts store with me and to my surprise they had the battery I needed for Mike’s car. Got that and installed it and now that’s taken care of.

So that’s been my week. I really don’t know how I had time to work full time. Anyway, as always I hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s