Week Ending 11/4/17

Hope you remembered to set the time back………………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

10/29/17 – Sunday – Up early and over to pick up Gary for church. Kathy was still feeling bad so she blew off church and Sunday school. Came back home and just did things around the house. I didn’t want to leave Kathy in case she needed something. Fixed her some soup and ran out of milk at lunch. So, after we ate I ran to Kroger and picked up a few things. Mostly worked on the blog entries for Rolling Thunder and my clock project.

10/30/17 – Monday – Kathy was feeling a little better and got some food on her stomach yesterday. She needed some stamps so we went to Moby Dick for lunch with a stop at the auto parts store and the post office. Then home. I took a nap as I wasn’t feeling 100%. Spent the evening playing radio. Ran into another retiree from AT&T. Also ordered my new top case for my motorcycle. It should be delivered by Thursday.

10/31/17 – Tuesday – Kathy went to get her hair done. I did some chores around the house and got cleaned up. Kathy came home and we went to the bank to turn in our change that’s been accumulating for many months. Then to Wild Egg’s for lunch and to CVS to get some of our prescription issues resolved. Then home. I was still feeling lousy so I laid down awhile. Then up and down to my room. Up for dinner and back to my room to play radio. Then to bed, some Big Bang and sleep.

11/1/17 – Wednesday – Felt like shit again this morning. Weather was damp and cold outside. So, I stayed inside and finished my blog entry on my Rolling Thunder trip. Got cleaned up and went to pick up Gary for dinner at the church. Back home, to bed, some research online, Big Bang and sleep.

11/2/17 – Thursday – Up and felt better today. Took the compressor I bought a year ago at an auction across the street for $20 over to the Morton building and used the power washer on it. It’s going to need a lot more work so I let it dry and just set it inside for the time being. Took the right front wheel off the tractor and found the leak. Went to the auto parts store for a tire plug kit. Back and had lunch then over and plugged the tire and put the wheel back on the tractor. Back to the house. Kathy was gone to pick up the grandchildren and take them to the dentist. I did some work on my QST article submission. Then played radio awhile. Kathy called and she was on her way home so I made myself a salad for dinner. She got home and we ate. Then to my room for some more radio stuff. My new top bag for my motorcycle came so I unpacked things and checked it out. Then back to my room for some computer work and radio. Then to bed, some Big Bang and sleep.

11/3/17 – Friday – Didn’t feel good again today. Getting a little tired of this crap. (No pun intended). Anyway, Kathy went shopping, I got cleaned up and out to the Morton building to put my new top case on the motorcycle. Feeling a little foggy and instructions were not very clear so I decided to let it till Kathy got home. Went back to the house and took a nap. Then up and down to my room for some computer work. Kathy came home and we unloaded the car. Had dinner and out to the Morton building. We did some adjusting and cut templates for rack on top case. Decided not to put backrest on case. Then back to the house, took some pictures of my clock project. To bed some computer work while watching “In The Heat of the Night”. Then sleep.

11/4/17 – Saturday – Up early and out to help my son-in-law Mike install some electrical appliances. It works better when he asks me to come over and install things rather than try himself then have to go fix it later. Had lunch over there and finally got home around 2PM. Laid down and took a nap. Then up and chores around the house. Made myself dinner as Kathy is going out with the girls. Then to my room to play radio and do some computer work. Some Big Bang and to sleep.

Now the particulars:

I think I had some viral crap this week that just wouldn’t go away.  I finally started feeling 100% this weekend.  Have felt good since Friday afternoon.  On the other hand, my left leg is starting to bother me again.  Same symptoms as before from the lumbar spine issues.  So, I guess I’ll make an appointment with the back specialist to see what I should do.  Last time he sent me for some shots in the spine and physical therapy and that fixed me up fine.  So, I’m hoping that will be the same story this time.  I’ll keep you posted.

I hope everyone noticed I finished the blog entry on Rolling Thunder.  About time.  Only 6 months after the fact.  I’m looking forward to next year’s event already.  Hope I’m in good enough shape to enjoy it.

I have been prodded by several people to write up my clock project and submit it to the ARRL for possible publication.  The local HAM club wanted a write up as well.  So I have been spending hours on the computer doing that.  When done I will put it in a blog post as well as send it for consideration to be published.

During Rolling Thunder last year I ran into problems with space to put things.  I ordered a luggage rack for my top case on the motorcycle but it was too big.  It seems they didn’t have one to fit the top case I had.  So I broke from tradition and went to Givi.  They make various cases and gear for motorcycles.  They had a 56 liter case (about 2 times the size of my existing case) that had hardware to mount on my particular motorcycle and it would accommodate a luggage rack.  So, my wife graciously bought it for me as a Christmas gift.  It came in and it fits the motorcycle very well.  I still have to drill the top to put the luggage rack on and I ordered a back rest to put on it but Kathy felt it was uncomfortable.

I’ve been making more nets lately.  In case you don’t know what that is, it’s a group that gets together at a specific time on a specific frequency to accomplish a few things.  One, it tests your equipment to make sure things are still working.  Two, they usually have updated information on things that are going on in the world of HAM radio and the club.  Three, it gives people a chance to say hello to each other that normally wouldn’t do that.

There is also a net for kids to talk to Santa Claus.  I just texted my daughter this afternoon with the specifics so she can bring the grand kids over if she wants.

OK, that’s enough for this week.  Special thanks to Rick for commenting on my Rolling Thunder post.  Catch you all again next week if not before.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s