Week Ending 2/10/18

Not much got done this week, but did get out on the motorcycle…….

As always, first the chronology:

2/4/18 – Sunday – Up and out to pick up Gary for church. Dropped him off and returned. Didn’t sleep well at all last night. Had another bagel and coffee while reading the paper. Then a nap. Up and had lunch. Down to my room and did the blog. Up and Kathy was in bed so I joined her. Got up about 4PM and got ready to go for dinner with Mike, Julie, Dee and the kids for the twins birthday. Over to Mike and Julie’s to have cake and ice cream. Kathy stayed awhile and I came home, did some chores. Bed, TV, computer work and sleep.

2/5/18 – Monday – Up and out to run errands. Had lunch while out. Got home around 3PM. Took a nap. then up and had dinner. Downstairs to chat with the guys on the radio. Then upstairs to bed. Computer work, TV and sleep.

2/6/18 – Tuesday – Up and down to my room to play radio. Also worked on my computer project. Break for lunch then helped Kathy on some of her things. Out to pick up Julie’s car and had dinner while out. Home and chatted with the guys on the radio. Then to bed, computer work, research, Big Bang and sleep.

2/7/18 – Wednesday – Up, chores and down to make the retirees net at 10AM. Made a couple other HF contacts and worked on some projects. Up for lunch and back downstairs. Up and out to pick up Gary for dinner. Went to Rooster’s and met Mike. Dropped off Gary and home. To bed, some computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

2/8/18 – Thursday – Felt like crap today. Perhaps a touch of the flu or several other things that are going around. Bottom line, spent most of the day in bed just watching TV. Did manage to get down stairs to chat with the guys. Then to bed, computer work, TV and sleep.

2/9/18 – Friday – Slept late but felt much better. Did my usual morning routine. Radio bands were terrible so did chores around the house. Had lunch. Then out for a short motorcycle ride. A little over 20 miles. Home and a nap. Kathy went out to eat with Mike, Julie and the grand kids. I made dinner for myself and picked up Gary for the ARTS club HAM meeting. His sugar went low so we had to leave the meeting. Stopped for a doughnut at Krispy Kreme. Got him home and got home myself around 9:30. Chatted with Kathy, to bed, computer work, a little TV and sleep.

2/10/18 – Saturday – Felt like crap again today. Not sure what this is. Kathy went up to Julie’s to help with Carter’s birthday party. I went to my room to work. Kathy called on her way home and picked up sandwiches for lunch. Took a nap after lunch. Kathy got up and went back up to Mike and Julie’s to watch the kids while they went out for dinner. Made myself dinner, down stairs and worked some South American stations. Did an update on the website. Then to bed, snacks, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the particulars:

Not sure what is getting us down.  Just no ambition and feel generally like crap.  Could be flu, cold, allergies, who knows.  But I’m getting tired of it.  I have an appointment to get blood drawn this week for my semi-annual appointment next week.  Perhaps that will show something.  Either way, I need to do something to get excited about things again.

Still working on the audio project.  Need to get some things bread boarded then I’ll be able to tell how big an enclosure I’ll need.  Anyway, it’s coming along slow.

The twins had a birthday last Sunday.  We all went out to dinner together then over to their house to open gifts and have cake and ice cream.  I enjoyed the festivities but didn’t feel like hanging around so I came home.  Kathy hung out awhile then brought Julie’s car home.

Made arrangements with the guy that does all my body work and mechanical stuff to clean up Julie’s car.  It’s a major task.  Julie doesn’t have time to keep it clean and the kids just use it for a garbage can.  Went over late Tuesday to pick it up and the guy did it for free.  I was amazed.  Guess I’m still too used to the New York mentality.  He did a great job.

Got out on the bike a little this week.  It started hard and the battery conditioner showed the battery was charged.  So, I have some problems with the terminals and if those look good I think I’ll just replace it.

Well, like I said, this was not a productive week.  Just couldn’t get into much and didn’t have much energy.  Perhaps next week will be better.  I’ll keep you posted.

Enough for this week.  Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s