Week Ending 6/16/18

A rather laid back week……………………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

6/10/18 – Sunday – Up early and usual morning routine. Then up to Mike and Julie’s to meet them and Dee and headed up to the “Ark Encounter” in Williamstown, KY. Spent the day and back home to have dinner with everyone at our house. Cooked burgers and dogs on the new grill. They left and dessert, bed, computer updates, blog, Big Bang and sleep.

6/11/18 – Monday – Slept in this morning. Up and did the morning routine. Kathy was already up and out to babysit the grand kids today. I did some chores around the house and got cleaned up. Kathy and the kids came over a little after noon. Had lunch and took the kids to Dairy Queen for dessert. Back home and in swimming for 20 or 30 minutes till it started to storm. In the house and Kathy and kids watched a movie. I did a blog entry. Kathy took the kids home, came back and we had dinner. Met the guys on the radio at 6:30PM. Then up for dessert. Then to bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

6/12/18 – Tuesday – Slept in this morning. Up and did the morning routine. Spent most of the day working on computer issues. Cooked lunch on the grill. Went to Moby Dick’s for dinner. Made a 2 meter contact with an aeronautical mobile. Got back home and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Then to bed. Computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

6/13/18 – Wednesday – Kathy was up and out early to watch the grandchildren. I got up around 8AM and did my morning routine. Downstairs at 10AM for the W4CN retiree’s net. Then upstairs and cleaned up. Out to Lowes for Simple Green and Spectracide weed and grass killer. Home and had a light lunch. Downstairs and updated paperwork for this weekend’s Kids Day on HAM radio. Out and picked up Gary for dinner at the church. Home, dessert, bed, computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

6/14/18 – Thursday – Up late. Did the morning routine. Did some chores around the house. Then a hot dog for lunch. Geared up and out on the motorcycle. Rode most of the afternoon making a few stops. Put over 100 miles on the bike. Home and helped Kathy finish up a few things outside. Then dinner and to my room to play radio for the evening. Chatted with the guys and made the W4CN nets. Did computer updates. Upstairs to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

6/15/18 – Friday – Up late. Did morning routine and some chores. Out to do the lawn. Came in around 2PM for lunch. Finished up around 4:30. Came in, re-hydrated, cleaned up. Had burgers and dogs on the grill. To my room to chat with the guys. Then computer updates. Upstairs and sat on the deck with the wife and did some reading. Then to bed and sleep.

6/16/18 – Saturday – Up late again. Did morning routine and some chores. Kathy start making things for dinner as everyone is coming over. She left to go help Julie. I got cleaned up and went down to Country Mart for some Groceries. Took the motorcycle. Home and put things away. Did some computer work and checked radio bands. They were bad. Upstairs and watch some TV. People came for dinner. Helped Kathy clean up after dinner. Then to bed, computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics:

If you have been reading the blogs, you know we went to see the Ark Encounter last Sunday.  Not a bad day.  Kathy, Dee and I rode up in my truck while Julie, Mike and the kids rode up in Julie’s van.  Got there at a decent hour and spent a nice time.  Came home a different way then we went up and hit major traffic.  The original plan was for us to pick up things at the store on the way home and have it started when Mike, Julie and the kids got there.  With the traffic they were going to get there before us.  So they stopped and picked up things and had dinner started by the time we arrived.  Had a good meal and a great day.  Read the blog on the “Ark Encounter” for the details of the ark.

Weather was rather crappy this week so I only got out on the motorcycle twice.  One day for a good long ride over 100 mile.  Then Saturday for a short trip to Country Mart.  The other good day we spent mowing the lawn.  The beginning of the week was just a wash out.

Did the lawn Friday.  First time since I did the maintenance on the tractor and put the new blades on the mower deck.  Kathy started out with it and promptly got it stuck the first time around the front yard.  So, got the truck over and pulled her out.  Not sure if it was the new blades or Kathy’s excellent mowing skills but it looks much better than it has.  I think I’ll stick with the new blades.  I have to admit I wasn’t paying attention on one trip along the drainage ditch and I got the rear wheel in the ditch and had to pull it out.  But this time Kathy started with the riding mower and I pushed.  Then we had lunch and switched places.  Usually I have leg cramps the night after I do that but had no problem this week.  I guess I’ll try doing it the same way next time we do it and see if I have problems.

Kathy spent two days watching the kids this week.  Her normal day Monday and Wednesday because the regular babysitter had something to do.  So, the regular babysitter will take them Monday next week so if everything goes well, Kathy won’t have to watch them at all next week.

OK, that’s it for today.  Hope all is well with everyone and have a fantastic week to come.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s