Week Ending 6/8/19

An interesting week…………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

6/2/19 – Sunday – Up and downstairs to start the computer work for the week. Did updates and backups. Then sent the logs and uploaded contacts from the contest yesterday. Kathy came home and we had lunch. I continued working on things in my room and did some chores around the house. Helped Kathy cleanup her car for her trip to Pennsylvania this week. We went to Hometown Pizza for dinner. Home and some chores. To bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

6/3/19 – Monday – Up and out to Gary’s to finish up moving his DSL modem. Then home and cleaned up and put things away. Kathy came home from shopping and we had lunch. Then out on the motorcycle for several hours. Rode over 100 miles. Home and had dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

6/4/19 – Tuesday – Up, Kathy was already off to babysit 2 of the grand kids. I made myself a great breakfast and did chores around the house with a run out to the Morton building to set the clock on the motorycle. Kathy came home with the two girls just before lunch. Took them to Dairy Queen for lunch. home and in the pool. Then they helped Kathy make cookies. Julie came to get the girls. We had dinner. Downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

6/5/19 – Wednesday – Up early to see Kathy off. She was out the door by 7:30AM to go to Pennsylvania. I started cleaning up the house. Did laundry and changed bedding. Then cleaned up and over to pick up Gary for dinner at Dare to Care. Home and to my room for computer updates. Upstairs for a little dessert. Bed, Big Bang and sleep.

6/6/19 – Thursday – Slept in this morning. Then up and did chores around the house. Returned a QSL card from the contest last weekend. Had lunch then out for a ride and some R&R. Home and put the truck away. Spent some time with Bella then went out for Mexican food and a stop at the grocery store. Home and met the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, Big Bang, reading and sleep.

6/7/19 – Friday – Up early but still raining. Downstairs and played radio awhile. Made lunch than back downstairs to work on my antenna. Had dinner then back downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs and cleaned up the kitchen. Bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

6/8/19 – Saturday – Spent the day working on my antenna. Getting all sorts of contradictory results. Need to back up and do some thing over. Was raining when I got up and raining when I went to bed. Very wet spell. Bella isn’t too happy with the weather either.

Now the specifics:

Kathy left early Wednesday morning to go up to Pennsylvania.  She was meeting Todd and her new grandson in State College.  Todd wanted to go to all the family up there and show off his new son.  That meant he would be visiting people I had no interest in socializing with.  So, rather than be a hypocrite or an asshole, I decided to stay home.  I miss the opportunity to see some of the good people so I guess I’m the asshole for letting the others spoil things for me.  I guess that’s just one of  my many personal weaknesses. lol  Anyway, Kathy will be back early next week.

I finally got closure on moving Gary’s DSL modem.  I talked him into the easy way of doing it and his grandson ran the cable for me.  After that it was a painless and quick process to move things.

Got out on the motorcycle Monday.  Rode a little over 100 miles.  Was a great day.  I guess I should have been doing the yard work as it’s been raining ever since Wednesday.  But I did enjoy the ride.

Kathy was babysitting the girls this Tuesday.  Took them to eat at Dairy Queen then out to the pool.  Then they helped Kathy bake cookies to take to Todd.

It has been raining solid ever since Wednesday so I’ve had plenty of time to work on my antenna.  I’ve been making progress.  I borrowed an analyzer from my friend Mike and I’m getting all kind of conflicting test results.  I’m not sure if it’s his meter or I’ve just not got something correct.  I will continue the efforts later.

Got a post card from the minister at the church.  Said he was sorry to hear that I had decided to not attend church anymore.  Of course he talked to the wrong people and got the wrong information.  Said he’d call in a couple days.  Not sure if he will or if I care either way.

Well that was about it for this week.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Have a great week to come.  Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s