Week Ending 5/16/2020

Not an exciting week…………………………………………………

As always, first the chronology:

5/10/20 – Sunday – Up a little early this morning and usual morning routine. Out with Kathy to the Morton building to unload all the stuff out of Kathy’s car and the golf cart. Back inside to get cleaned up. Kathy went shopping. I helped her unload the car when she got back. Then downstairs to do the blog. Upstairs and waited for Mike, Julie and the grand kids. They arrived and we had a late dinner. Then spent awhile chatting. After they were gone I went downstairs and started doing research. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs and a bite to eat. Bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

5/11/20 – Monday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Cleaned up and out for errands. Went to the dealer where my son-in-law got his zero turn mower and picked up a kit to do maintenance on the engine. Then over to the Parker Store and picked up tubing and fittings to get his air hose reel working. To the house and picked up Kathy and back up to Homedepot. She got vegetable plants for the garden and I got staples to install the air tubing. Stopped at Arby’s to pick up lunch and went home and ate. Then unloaded and put the truck away. Back in the house for a nap. Up and chores then dinner. Downstairs to put the heat sinks on my Raspberry Pi and chat with the guys on 2 meters. Did some computer work then upstairs. Some chores and bed. Computer research and TV then sleep.

5/12/20 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Cleaned up and downstairs to play radio. Then started finish up work on my Raspberry Pi. Downstairs after dinner and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs for dessert, then to bed, Big Bang, Computer updates and sleep.

5/13/20 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Didn’t sleep well last night. Kathy was up and out early to watch the grandchildren. I worked most of the day on getting the log files configured on the Raspberry Pi. Kathy got home early as Julie was sent home with the runs. We went to Moby Dick’s and picked up fish for dinner. I went downstairs and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Did computer updates. Upstairs, chores, bed, Big Bang and sleep.

5/14/20 – Thursday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Worked on the garage door project this morning. Had lunch then out to work in the garden. Finished that up and started opening the pool. In the house for a great dinner. Downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Played radio awhile, computer updates then upstairs to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

5/15/20 – Friday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Still didn’t feel super today so decided to stay inside. Kathy went to Kroger shoppinrg. Came home, unloaded the car and had sandwiches for lunch. We both decided on an afternoon nap after some chores. Up and grilled burgers and dogs for dinner. Downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Some computer updates and upstairs for chores. Bed, TV and sleep.

5/16/20 – Saturday – Up a little late this morning and usual morning routine. Kathy was up early and started making meat balls. She took off around 10AM to go help Julie with things today. I got cleaned up and took some grommets over to my friend Gary. Then to the Morton building and drained the gas out of the rototiller and ran it dry. Finished cleaning it up and put it away. Sweep out the Morton building and hitched the trailer to the truck. To the house and had lunch. Then downstairs to research why the oil light was coming on in the Chrysler. Kathy came home and went out for Chinese. We ate and I went downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs for dessert and to bed. Computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics:

Monday I ran around getting material to do work at my son-in-law’s place and didn’t get much done for me.  But did manage to get the tune up kit for his zero turn mower and the material to hook up his air hose reel.

We started the garden this week.  Kathy wanted to wait till it was time to rototill it and of course it was a muddy mess.  Damn near clogged the rototiller and we had mud everywhere.  I think I convinced her it was better to wait till the ground was dry to do the tilling.  Next year will be the proof as to whether I got through to her.

Started opening the pool.  Of course again, she had all kind of weird ideas but I played along.  The result is that nothing got done.  We drained a little water off the cover but she wasn’t satisfied with the way it was going to that will all be changed.  Of course it has been raining or she has had other things to do and we never got back to that project.

I finally got the garage door project very near completion.  I am waiting for a cooling fan for the Raspberry Pi then I’ll be able to mount everything on a piece of wood that I will mount out in the garage and run all the control and sensor leads to.  Then just reconfigure the LAN to make it available and that will be done.

I picked up a few more chores to do at my son-in-laws place.  I’m beginning to thing I’m their grunt.

Things with this COVID-19 is starting to get to me.  Rather then rant I’m just going to cut this short.

Hope this finds everyone well.  Please stay safe and healthy.  Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s