Week Ending 5/9/2020

A rather busy week………………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

5/3/20 – Sunday – Up a little early today and usual morning routine. Got cleaned up and helped Kathy get things ready for lunch. Julie and Mike are coming over to check on the elderly. Fed them all lunch and chatted awhile. After they were gone I helped Kathy clean things up. Then downstairs to do the blog. Did some other computer updates and back upstairs for a snack for dinner. Down to chat with the guys on 2 meters but neither of them showed up. Did some other computer work. Upstairs for desert. Chores. Bed, TV and sleep.

5/4/20 – Monday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Did some administrative things then out to work on the yard. Took a break around 1PM for lunch and finished around 4:30PM. Inside and cleaned up. A snack for dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Then upstairs for desert. To bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

5/5/20 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Didn’t sleep well last night. Must have worked my self too hard yesterday. Got cleaned up and a snack for lunch then up to get Carter and off to his orthopedic appointment. Got his cast off and everything looks good. Then took Carter back home and to Watson’s pool place for chemicals to open the pool. Stop at Kroger to get some groceries. Home and unloaded everything. Call an order into the Mexican restaurant in honor of Cinco De Mayo. Went down, picked it up and home to feast on it. Cleaned things up and returned the truck to the Morton building. Downstairs for computer updates then chatted with the buys on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, work on layout template for garage door interface, Big Bang and sleep.

5/6/20 – Wednesday – Up a little late today, didn’t sleep well last night. Usual morning routine, cleaned up and out to get birthday cards, Melatonin and stamps. Home and waited for Kathy to get home with the grandkids and lunch. Ate late. Helped out granddaughter with some geometry. Then downstairs to work on my interface board. Mike came to pick up the grandkids and we chatted awhile. They left and we had dinner. Downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. More work on the interface board. Computer updates, to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

5/7/20 – Thursday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Stripped the bed and started the laundry. Cleaned up the kitchen and worked on my interface board for the garage door project. Kathy came home and we had dinner. Downstairs and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Computer updates. Upstairs and chores. Bed, Big Bang and sleep.

5/8/20 – Friday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Today is Kathy’s birthday. I got cleaned up and we took some items over and dropped them off at my friend Gary’s then up to Harbor Freight to pick up a battery float for Mike’s lawn mower. Then a stop at Homedepot for some things. Back toward home and a stop at McDonald’s for a light snack for lunch. Took that home and ate. I went downstairs and worked on my interface board. Up stairs around 3PM for a nap. Up and off to Mike and Julie’s for Kathy’s birthday dinner. Home with a stop for gas in the truck. Chores. Bed, computer work, TV and sleep.

5/9/20 – Saturday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Kathy took off to help Julie today so I went downstairs and worked on my interface board. Took a break for lunch around 1PM and went out and got the mail. Back to work and finished up. Tested it and it didn’t work. Started trouble shooting and found relay was polarity sensitive. Kathy came home so we had dinner. Back downstairs and rewired interface board to accomodate relays. Retested and all works. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Cleaned up the room a little and did computer updates. Upstairs, chores, bed, BIg Bang and sleep.


Kathy’s birthday was this Friday.  Now she is as old as I am.  Not much of a day for her given the crap the Nazi in Frankfort is pulling.  I went out Wednesday to find a birthday card and there was nothing there.  They were all picked over and the only thing left was lame.  But I got her a couple anyway.  We ran some errands in the morning and had a snack at McDonald’s for lunch.  Then over to Mike and Julie’s for her birthday celebration.  Here is Shelby with the shirt she made just for Grandma’s birthday.

I guess the next most exciting thing was taking Carter to the orthopedic doctor’s on Tuesday to get his cast off.  He was amazed at the saw they used.  When the nurse put it against her own hand and nothing happened his eyes got as big as saucers.  I explained how it worked and then he was OK with it.  They took X-rays and it looked good.  All healed.  Has to wear a brace for most activities but not for sleep or showers.

I have been harping at Kathy to do something about getting the pool open and to get the garden started.  She has been stubborn about both but finally gave in and got the stuff to open the pool.  Now we just need some decent weather to get that going.

Monday we did the yard work.  Kathy was working hard at getting in my way so I just stopped mowing where she was and did the rest.  I left her finish it up.  Perhaps one day she will finally understand.  But I am not holding my breath on that one.

Mike and Julie came over last Sunday to check on us old folks.  At least that’s the story we hand everyone.  We fed them and had a good time.

Kathy was watching the grandchildren Wednesday and Thursday so I was relegated to domestic chores again on Thursday.  Not a big thing.  It’s the least I can do to help out since Mike and Julie would be up the creek without our help.  Of course she was up there Saturday again to help Julie with some organizing.  So essentially I was a bachelor for half the week.

Last but not least I finished the interface card for the garage door project.  First time I ever ran into relays that were polarity sensitive.  It was an easy fix but did take some time to find.  Now I just have to clean up the software a little and mount things on a board.  Then reconfigure the lan in the house.  Then it should all work.  One step at a time.

Well, the Nazi in Frankfort with the Napoleon complex is starting to open things.  I think he decided to do that before he had an all out war on his hands.  People here are not happy with the shut downs.  However, in his stupid ass style he is opening one thing on the 20th and more things on the 22nd.  What the hell two days difference makes I’ll never know.  I think it’s him just exercising his authority.  I don’t think he really had much authority anymore as several people sued his ass and the courts found his executive order to close down the churches as against the law. Other suits are still pending.  He also thought he would make people wear masks but in 2005 they passed a law against that when they thought there might be a Ku Klux Klan demonstration.  So that didn’t fly.  I just hope people here remember this stupidity when it comes election time.

OK, that’s it for this week.  Hope this finds everyone well.  And please, stay safe and healthy.  Just use your head.  Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s