Week Ending 8/15/2020

Not a super busy week but got a lot done…………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

8/9/20 – Sunday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Chatted with Kathy over breakfast for awhile. Then started the blog. Finished up and upstairs for lunch. Julie and the grand children came over so I spent time with the kids. Went swimming while Kathy and Julie made face masks. Set up things for dinner and ordered in pizza. Cleaned up afterward. The tribe left and we took out the garbage. Downstairs for computer updates and play radio. Upstairs to bed, TV and sleep.

8/10/20 – Monday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Kathy was already out to watch the grand children. Cleaned up and out to the gun range (By myself) to practice some stress relief. Over to Hooter’s on Preston Highway for lunch. Home, chores and cleaning guns. Kathy came home we had dinner. Chatted with Gary on 2 meters. Played radio, chores, bed, TV and sleep.

8/11/20 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Kathy was already up and out to watch the grand children. I played radio awhile then made some phone calls. Got some direction about what I need to do for a driveway to the field next door. Got cleaned up and loaded gas cans in the truck. Headed over to the state highway garage. Picked up the paperwork for the driveway and got gas cans filled on the way home. Dropped off the gas cans and picked up the empty propane tanks and took them over to the propane dealer and got them filled. Home, put things away and cleaned up. Inside, had a snack around 2:30PM then took a nap till Kathy came home. Out to Cattleman’s Roadhouse for dinner. Home and dessert. Bed, computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

8/12/20 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Out a little before 10AM to start the yard work. Took a break around 1:30 to come in for a snack. Back out and finished up by 3:30. Inside, cooled down, cleaned up and dinner. Downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. To bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

8/13/20 – Thursday – Up a little late and usual morning routine. I spent the morning playing radio and getting caught up on paper work. Kathy went to Hobby Lobby and Walmart for some things. She got home and we had lunch. Spent the afternoon getting the application done for the next door driveway and took it over to the highway garage. Then took a run up to Taylorsville Lake State Park. Home and did chores. Dinner, chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Dessert, bed, Big Bang, computer updates and sleep.

8/14/20 – Friday – Up a little late. Did not sleep well last night. Many interruptions. Usual morning routine. Cleaned up and into J-town for prescriptions at Kroger. Was going to go to Hooters for lunch but changed my mind when I got there. Drove back to Taylorsville and had lunch at the Mexican restaurant. Kathy was out shopping so I ate alone. Home and chores. Kathy came home and we put things away. Took a short nap then out to the Masonic hall in J-town for a HAM license testing session. Finshed up about 6:30. Home and had dessert. Downstairs for some computer work and to play radio. Bed, TV and sleep.

8/15/20 – Saturday – Up a little late. Catching up on sleep I didn’t get last night. Spent the day cleaning up and doing research for stuff to put a radio in the truck. Nothing else exciting. Chatted with the guys on the radio. Upstairs for dessert, bed, Big Bang, computer updates and sleep.

Now the specifics:

Monday I went over to the gun range myself to do some practice with my Berretta.  Usually Mike goes with me and he always wants to shot it.  And after the previous week I just needed some time to myself on the range.  Had a good time.  Wasn’t smart enough to check the boxes of ammo I took and they were all partially empty.  So I didn’t get to shoot as long as I intended but I had fun.

When my neighbor came over to cut and do the bailing in the field next door he said it was very rough on the equipment getting in and out as there was a rather large ditch along the road where they had to go in.  So I made some phone calls on Tuesday and found out I needed an “Encroachment Application” from the state highway department as Dale Ln. is a state road.  So I ran over there on Tuesday and picked up the package with the form in it.  Kathy helped me fill it out Thursday so they could read it.  We found where we want to put it and marked it with orange spray paint.  Then took the application over and dropped it off at the highway garage.  They well send someone out to approve it or tell us what we need to do to get it approved.  Then I think they come do it for us but I need to wait and see about that.

Tuesday is also $10 Tuesday at the propane dealership we use.  We rent a 250 gallon tank from them that feeds our generator.  We don’t use much as the generator only runs 10 minutes every other Monday to test itself.  But because we are a customer with automatic delivery, we can get 20 pound propane tank cylinders for the grill filled for $10.  So I took the two empty ones over this week and got them filled.  We should be good till next year now.

While we were out and about Thursday we went on up to Taylorsville Lake State Park and picked up some brochures.  They have some camping areas and we thought we might want to take the grand kids up there for the night and see how they liked camping.  This should be an interesting exercise.

Did the lawn Wednesday because Kathy wanted to do it then.  Another wet experience.  It would have been more intelligent to wait till Friday after it dried out a little but Kathy gets whatever she wants lately.  Bottom line, it’s much easier that way.  Just do it her way and no arguments.  Hopefully this week it will dry out a lot before she decides it is time to do it.

A few weeks ago Kathy had me chase down a beeping sound which turned out to be the battery in the smoke detector downstairs going weak.  Friday morning the one upstairs decided to do the same thing only it was around 3:30 in the morning.  Note to self:  replace batteries in BOTH detectors before they start beeping.

This past Friday we had  a testing session for people to get their HAM license.  It is the second one we had since starting up again.  Had 7 guys show up.  All passed their test. 5 were new taking there first test, one was an upgrade from Technician to General and one was an upgrade from General to Extra.  Plus I got to see some old friends.  Was a good time.

Well, that’s it for this week.  As always, hope this finds everyone well and safe.  Stay that way in the coming weeks and I’ll blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s