Week Ending 8/22/2020

Not an exciting week but a lot going on……………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

8/16/20 – Sunday – Up a little late again and usual morning routine. Did the blog and had lunch. Kathy left to go up to help Julie make meat balls. I got cleaned up and went over to Gary’s for the afternoon get together. Home and dinner. Computer updates, practice CW, checked radios. Upstairs, dessert, bed, TV and sleep.

8/17/20 – Monday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Got a call from Keith at the highway garage and I forgot to initial one of the forms. Got cleaned up and rode the motorcycle up, signed the form and chatted awhile with Keith. Then back Taylorsville Lake Road to the Gene Snyder and around to Preston Highway. Went up to Hooter’s for lunch. Back down to the Gene Snyder and over to the Dixie Highway. Down to route 44 and back home trough Taylorsville. Out for a little over 5 hours. Great day and great ride. Had a snack then downstairs to make some phone calls. Played radio awhile. Kathy was late leaving Mike and Julie’s so she went to Subway to pick up sandwiches for dinner. I cut my chat with the guys short on the radio and went upstairs to eat. Before I was done, Mike and Julie came with the grand kids to stay the night. I went to bed, watched the end of True Lies, computer updates and sleep.

8/18/20 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time. Grand kids stayed over last night so I got cleaned up and dressed before I went out to the kitchen. Had coffee and helped Kathy prepare breakfast for the tribe. Cleaned up and played a few hands of Cribbage with Carter. Then out to the pool. Back inside and had burgers and dogs on the grill for lunch. Chloe had Mac and Cheese. Kathy had them help her make blue berry and chocolate chip waffles to freeze. Mike came to pick them up. Kathy went to the Chinese take out and brought home dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Computer updates. Upstairs, dessert, bed, Big Bang and sleep.

8/19/20 – Wednesday – Up a little late and usual morning routine. Spent the morning doing administrative things. Checking on insurance and my HRA and making adjustments. Played a little radio. Light lunch and back downstairs. Some research and played radio. Dinner and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs and waited for Kathy to come back from shopping. Helped her put things away then bed, computer update, Big Bang and sleep.

8/20/20 – Thursday – Up very early this morning. Got cleaned up and out to get blood drawn at the doctor’s office. Back home and another cup of coffee. Then out to work on the yard. Took a break for lunch and finished up a little after 3PM. Inside and cleaned up. Dinner, chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, some dessert, computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

8/21/20 – Friday – Up a little early, usual morning routine, cleaned up and out for a hair cut. Over to Gary’s for a short stop then home. Kathy went into J-town to do some banking and pickup medicine. When she came home we went to Hometown Pizza for lunch. Stop at hardware store for light bulbs and home. Did chores around the house then to my room to do some research on voicemeeter. Up for dinner and back to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Printed off some information. Upstairs for dessert, bed, computer updates/research, TV and sleep.

8/22/20 – Saturday – Up a little late today and the usual morning routine. Kathy got cleaned up and out to spend the day with Julie. Helped Julie make meatballs amoung other things. I spent the day in my room trying to understand more about Voicemeeter. Kathy came home and we had dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters and did some more work on Voicemeeter. Then bed, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics:

First off, I must apologize if this post looks different than previous posts. WordPress has decided I didn’t like the old format of doing things so they forced a change on me. I will be writing a very nasty note to them when I’m done with this blog.

Again I have not been very diligent at my CW practice. I’ll keep working. Also, the radio bands have been somewhat better this week but I don’t have time to play.

Got a call from the Keith at the state highway garage on Monday. He told me I forgot to initial a page. So with the weather in good shape for riding I got on the motorcycle and headed up to take care of that. Chatted awhile and headed out.

Monday was a great day for a ride so I started with a trip to the highway garage. Then down to Preston Highway and a stop at Hooters for lunch. On over to the other side of Jefferson county and down the Dixie Highway to route 44. Then back east through Taylorsville and home. Out about 5 hours and put a little over 100 mile on the motorcycle.

Julie and Mike brought the grand kids over Monday evening to stay the night. It was the last chance before school starts. I didn’t do much with them Monday evening as they usually just have popcorn and watch a movie on TV. But Tuesday I got to spend time with them. We had a rather large breakfast for everyone, then played a little Cribbage with my grandson. Then out to the pool for a swim. Inside for lunch. Had burgers and dogs on the grill. Of course Chloe had her Mac and Cheese. Mike came over when he got off work to pick them up.

Thursday I had an appointment to get my blood drawn prior to my semi-annual wellness checkup. Had to put my haircut off till Friday. Got home and had coffee then out to do yard work. This was the nicest and easiest it has been doing the mowing. Grass had a chance to dry out and it was not as hot and humid as it’s been.

Friday I got my haircut then over to Gary’s to look at his remote setup. Seems to be getting noise on his transmit. He uses a software package called Voicemeeter. I know nothing about it and when I tried to put tone on the link to the radio nothing worked. So, I spent some time Friday and most of Saturday figuring out it wasn’t a problem with Voicemeeter but rather a configuration problem with the audio generator. Anyway I’ll try that again later.

Other than that, nothing exciting happening. The governor put the SNAFU on the kids going back to traditional schooling. Of course he has no control over the private sector and they are going back. I think when that proves to work there will be a lot of pressure on the governor to let the public schools go back as well. I checked the statistics again this past week and we still don’t have as many COVID-19 positive tests as we had positive flu tests for 2018-2019 flu season. Of course the death numbers are much higher but in my opinion that is only because of the way they are collecting data. Nothing I can do about it. Of course I certainly won’t vote for this guy next election.

OK, that’s enough for this week. Hope this finds everyone well and safe. Stay that way. Blog again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s