Week Ending 9/26/2020

This week went very fast……………………………………

As always, first the chronology:

9/20/20 – Sunday – Up a little late this morning and usual morning routine.  Chores around the house then downstairs to do the blog.  Finished up and had lunch.  Cleaned up and out to the Morton building to work on Gary’s project and get the holes drilled.  Back inside and some finish work on the bench.  Upstairs for dinner.  Started feeling crappy again so went to bed, watched Big Bang DVD and sleep.

9/21/20 – Monday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine.  Made some phone calls then out around 11AM to start the yard work.  It was easy going today as it wasn’t wet and hadn’t grown much.  Took a break for lunch and finished up around 3PM.  Inside to cool down and clean up.  1/2 hour nap.  Up for dinner.  Chatted with the guys on 2 meters.  Up for dessert.  Chores.  Bed, Big Bang DVD and sleep.

9/22/20 – Tuesday – Up at usual time and usual morning routine.  Cleaned up and out to the Morton building to remove the mower deck from the lawn tractor.  Found a pully with a sealed bearing leaking and it sounded a little gritty when you turned it.  Went to Shelbyville and got the missing hardware Kathy lost off the mower and the pulleys were cheap enough I got all three.  Back to the house and rebuilt the mower deck.  Put it back together and on the tractor.  Did the 400 hour maintenance on the tractor.  Everything works great.  Inside and a nap.  Dinner and chatted with the guys on 2 meters.  Dessert and chores.  bed, computer updates/research, Big Bang and sleep.

9/23/20 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine.  Kathy was already gone to babysit the grand kids.  I did some chores around the house then cleaned up, dressed and out on the motorcycle.  It was nice temperature but overcast and threatening.  So I cut the ride short.  Still put over 100 miles on the bike.  Got home and dressed down.  Put things away.  Did some more chores.  Kathy came home and we had dinner.  Chatted with the guys on 2 meters.  Did computer updates.  Upstairs and more chores.  Bed, Big Bang and sleep.

9/24/20 – Thursday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine.  Kathy was out again to babysit grand kids.  My day for domestic chores.  Laundry and cleaning the kitchen.  Spent my remaining time doing a little work on Gary’s project.  Kathy came home, had dinner.  Downstairs and chatted with Mike on 2 meters.  Did some work on a computer for Julie.  Computer updates, upstairs to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

9/25/20 – Friday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine.  Cleaned up and out to WTR Computers, my buddies store.  Got a Wifi plugin for an old Dell tower and a laptop for the kids.  Stopped at Chubby Ray’s for lunch.  Stopped for some groceries.  Home and worked on setting up computers.  Over to a fancy restaurant on Brownsboro Road for dinner with the Rice family.  Stopped at their house to drop off computers.  Home and put things away.  To my room for computer updates and a little cleaning up.  Upstairs for dessert, bed, TV and sleep.

9/26/20 – Saturday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine.  Kathy was out early to go play in the pumpkin patch with our daughter and the grand children.  I spent the day working on my friend Gary’s audio interface.  Making great headway.  Kathy got home around 3PM.  Since neither of us had any lunch we went to the Mexican restaurant in Taylorsville for a late lunch/early dinner.  Home and continued work on Gary’s project.  Chatted with the guys on 2 meters.  Did computer updates.  Dessert, bed, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics:

If you remember I got the first of the two part shingles vaccine Friday a week ago. Well last weekend I hurt. For some reason even on Sunday evening I started feeling like I had the flu again. I did some research and confirmed that all the symptoms were related to the vaccine and they would last 2 to 3 days. Sure enough, Monday we did the lawn and I felt fine. But I have another one to look forward to next week. Yea.

Garys Audio Interface Project

This is a picture of the progress on Gary’s audio interface project. Spent a lot of time on it this week. With any luck I will have it done next week. Since I didn’t feel well I did not go to the weekly get together last Sunday so I spent the day in the Morton building on the drill press getting the holes cut for the jacks, controls and indicators. Did some detail work a couple evenings this week and spent most of Friday mounting some of the hardware. Next step will be wiring it all together. Hopefully will have a picture of that next week.

Did the lawn on Monday. It was very nice to do this week. Weather was nice, it wasn’t wet and it has not grown much. Perhaps one more cutting this year then I’ll remove the mower deck for the season and put on the plow blade.

The mower has been whining and it’s gotten worse this last week. So Tuesday I pulled the deck and found one of the three pulleys on the deck was leaking oil from the sealed bearing. So I headed over to Shelbyville to the John Deere dealer. Got some hardware that came off the deck while Kathy was mowing and found out the pulleys only cost $15 each. There are two that routes the drive belt on the deck and one that’s a tensioner. So I bought all three. Came home and essentially rebuilt the deck. Put everything back together and it works great with no noise. While I was out there working on it I did the 400 hour maintenance. All good for the season.

Kathy was up at Mike and Julie’s watching the grand children on Wednesday so I took advantage of the time and got out on the motorcycle. I need to find a new place to stop for lunch however. The waitress at Hooters knew what I wanted when I walked in. Otherwise, the weather was very comfortable but overcast. I felt a little threatened with the possibility of rain so I headed home a little earlier than usual. Put 121 mile on the bike for the day.

Since Wednesday was my day out I spent the day Thursday doing domestic chores. Stripped the bed and did a bunch of laundry. Cleaned up the kitchen. Did some work on Gary’s project in between loads of laundry. A very productive day.

Shelby started going back to school this week but the twins don’t start back till next week. Everyone is still getting used to the new schedule and Julie is learning about the ever changing requirements. Now it looks like all the kids will need their own laptop for school. Otherwise they have to sit in class and just listen then go home and do their assignments on the computer. So, I got a call Thursday with questions about what to do. I had Kathy bring one of the towers they had at the house home and upon inspection discovered the Wifi plug in module was not working correctly. So Friday, Kathy and I went to my friend that owns WTR computers and got a new plugin for that computer and picked up a good used laptop for one of the twins. Had lunch while out then brought things home and set them up for the kids. Julie bought a Lenovo that was on sale for the third one. Everyone should be in good shape now for school. Glad they are getting back. They really need it.

To show their appreciation for our hard work, Mike and Julie took us out to Stoney Lodge for dinner Friday night. A very fancy and expensive restaurant on Brownsboro Road. Had a nice time.

Kathy, Julie and a girl Julie works with took a bunch of the kids to Gallrein farms in Shelbyville for some fall festivities on Saturday. I stayed home and worked on Gary’s project some more.

Well that was it for this week. Sorry for the long blog but a lot happened. As always, I hope this finds everyone well and safe. Stay that way. Will blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s