Week Ending 9/19/2020

Not a rough week, but a lot going on……………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

9/13/20 – Sunday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Did chores around the house then down to do the blog. Up for lunch and got cleaned up. Over to Gary’s for the Sunday afternoon get together. Home had burgers and dogs on the grill. Chores, bed, Big Bang and computer work. Then sleep.

9/14/20 – Monday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Spent the morning making phone calls and setting up appointments to get some things finished up here. Kathy went over this afternoon to take Carter to the doctors. I worked on Gary’s project. Did dinner, chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Bed, Big Bang, Computer work and sleep.

9/15/20 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time, usual morning routine, cleaned up and out to Gary’s. He already fixed the problem I was looking at so I simply confirmed it was fixed and put it in service. Home and Kathy is still feeling a little sluggish so I offered to take her to Hometown for lunch. Home and got the truck out to take her to her doctor’s appointment. On the way home she mentioned she would like french fries. Since she hasn’t been eating well I took her down to McDonalds and we got dinner. Home and ate. Down and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, computer updates/work, Big Bang and sleep.

9/16/20 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Out a little after 10AM and got on the motorcycle. Stopped around 12:30 for lunch at Hooters. Got back home around 3PM. Rode almost 150 miles. Got things put away and took a nap. Up for dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Bed, computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

9/17/20 – Thursday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Out for a hair cut. Back and started a load of laundry. Worked on Gary’s project till around 1PM. Had a snack and re-started the dryer. Took a break around 3 and put things away that I was washing. Kathy came home and we had dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Finished the schematic for Gary’s project and replace a transformer in a temporary interface I put together. Chores, bed, Big Bang and sleep.

9/18/20 – Friday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Out to the hardware store to pick up a light switch and over to my friend Gary’s to replace one he has going bad. Did some work on the remote setup and got him setup temporarily. Home and changed clothes. Took Kathy to J-town for lunch then grocery shopping. Home and unloaded groceries. Kathy took a nap and I did some work in my room. Upstairs for a snack for dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Computer updates, upstairs for dessert. Bed, Big Bang and sleep.

9/19/20 – Saturday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Did chores around the house. Helped Kathy get things ready for the family to show up for dinner. Waited around all afternoon and they finally showed up around 4:30. Had dinner then helped Kathy clean up. Downstairs for some computer work. Upstairs to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics:

I hit pay dirt this week in a deal with SiriusXM. My subscription ran out and since I cancelled it last month, they shut off my service. Rather than pay the $250 to $300 they wanted I had a brain storm. I got on the chat on their website. It asked me what I wanted and I told them I wanted to renew my subscription for $76.78 like I paid last year with all taxes and fees included for a year. I really wasn’t expecting it but they told me OK, they would do that. So now I have SiriusXM in the truck for a little over $75 for the next year. I win.

Wednesday I set out on my weekly motorcycle ride. I rode the route I established a couple months ago that takes me south to the Blue Grass parkway, then I got off on 31E and come up through Bardstown and to Mount Washington. Now I don’t know if you have heard but the Southern Baptist Church has dropped the word Southern from the name of their church. This was because of all the issues lately with any name or symbol that people could perceive as racist. Now I perceive the word “southern” as a geographical term. Anyway, back to the story. I have passed this sign many times on route 31E and chuckled so this week I had to stop and take a picture.

Now how in the hell do they tear down statues and change the name of things and this sign stays where it is. Personally I would consider this to be more offensive then the name Southern Baptist or Washington Red Skins. I’m trying to make a legitimate point here people. The majority of this racist stuff is a perception issue. I’m not saying that we don’t have a lot of assholes out there that are racist. We certainly do. But not as many as the media wants you to believe. I am almost certain that the majority of the people in this club are just interested in hunting the animal and this name has nothing to do with any racial issue.

Went to the doctor a few weeks back for my annual wellness checkup and he told me I should have a shingles shot and flu shot. So, since I was in Kroger on Friday I checked on them. They told me they didn’t have the high dose flu vaccine for us old people but could give me the shingles shot. So I got that and Saturday I was miserable. Felt just like I had the flu except I didn’t have a temperature although I felt like it. Anyway, I will not go over to my friend Gary’s for the afternoon get together today just in case it was something else. I have to get a second shot in 2 to 6 weeks. I’ll make sure it’s not the day before I have something exciting to do.

Kathy went for a doctor’s appointment Tuesday. As usual, the doctor had no idea what is going on. Had her get blood drawn and hope the results will provide a little more information. She just feels tired occasionally and has to lay down. Not like her. Her appetite was messed up but that seems to be coming back. Had a COVID test done and that was negative. So the saga continues.

As I mention previously, I went for my weekly bike ride on Wednesday. Was a great day. Overcast but no rain. A little cool when I started but warmed up nicely during the ride. Rode my usual route and stopped at Hooters for lunch. I really do need to find another place. It’s getting sad in there. lol Did the long loop over through Shelbyville on the way home and put just shy of 150 miles on the bike. I really thought I was doing a lot of mileage but a post popped up on the riders group on facebook and some guy did 350 miles. I guess I”ll have to find another route.

My HAM friend Gary mentioned that he told his wife he wouldn’t be out in the barn late anymore since she didn’t want him coming back to the house in the dark. So I rigged up a temporary fix to his remote issue and installed it this week. All works well so he is happy. I still have the final interface to build for him that include inter-connect for his microphones. But things are coming along.

Friday the wife and I tried a new place in J-town as our usual bbq place only has take out. I ate there once with Mike and Gary on one of our Wednesday night outings. It’s a sports bar type place called Chubby Ray’s. I’m sure that name will change when all the over weight people start complaining. Anyway, I had a Philly Cheese Steak and it was the best I’ve had since the last time I worked in Philadelphia. An excellent lunch.

Saturday we had the family over for dinner. Actually it was my son-in-laws idea. He likes my wife’s cooking. It was good seeing everyone. Wish I could have spent more time with the grand kids.

OK, that’s it for this week. As always, hope this finds everyone safe and well. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s