Week Ending 5/22/21

Another rather busy week…………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

5/16/21 – Sunday – Up a little late today.  Chores around the house, cleaned up, lunch and out to see Chloe in her ballet show.  Back to their place and ice cream cake.  Home and did the blog.  Dinner.  Out to the Morton building and did some cleanup.  Worked some HF to Europe.  Then the usual evening routine.

5/17/21 – Monday – Up early with the dogs again.  Kathy was already out to take Carter to the doctor’s for a physical.  Chloe was not feeling well so she stayed home and came over to spend the day.  I just did chores around the house and did some cleanup in the shop.  Worked some radio.  Went to Subway to pick up dinner.  Usual evening routine.

5/18/21 – Tuesday – Up early again with the dogs.  Kathy was already out to take care of grand children.  I babysat the dogs all morning.  Kathy came home with Chloe who still doesn’t feel well and we had lunch.  I spent the afternoon cleaning up the work bench in the shack.  Had Chinese take out for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

5/19/21 – Wednesday – Dog started at 4AM this morning.  Finally got up at 5:30 and took him out.  Kathy had already done that but didn’t tell me.  Came in and had breakfast and did some chores.  Then downstairs to make some phone calls and pay bills.  Back upstairs, cleaned up and out to Harbor Freight for some shopping.  Picked up an item for Gary so I took it over.  Stop at ACE hardware then home.  Picked up Kathy and took her to Milano’s in Shelbyville for lunch.  Home and tried to lay down but that didn’t work.  Downstairs and did some more cleanup.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

5/20/21 – Thursday – The dog slept well last night.  I gave Kathy some suggestions and to my surprise she took them and the dog was quit till 7:30 this morning.  I didn’t get out till 8AM.  Got to get a good nights sleep.  Then chores till about 10AM and out to do yard work.  In about 3:30.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

5/21/21 – Friday – Up early with Kathy.  She had to go up and take the girls to school.  Mike and Julie took Carter up to Cincinnati for a medical procedure.  I watched the dogs till she got home.  Did some computer work.  Didn’t do much the rest of the day.  Twin-M came to deliver the top soil for the garden.  Dave was still working on the pool deck.  

5/22/21 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Then new dog slept in his box in our bedroom.  Was not a peaceful night but better than most.  Got ready and out to move the dirt that was delivered yesterday into the garden.  5 cubic yards.  Got most of it done.  In late for lunch.  Cleaned up and out to Lowes for more stain for the pool deck.  Picked up sandwiches at Dairy Queen for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

Now the particulars:

Our grand daughter Chloe had her ballet recital last Sunday. Julie was suppose to take a video of the dance but she didn’t get her camera to work. So here is Chloe afterward with the roses she got from her dad and grandfather. She had tried out for the Nutcracker and got a part in it but the COVID got that cancelled. So this was a rather big event since it was the first time her dance troupe got to actually perform at an “In Person” event. We were all very proud of her.

On the way home her mother wanted to get her an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen to celebrate the event. We tried several things to write on the cake like “Dancing Queen”, “Dancing Princess”, “Ballet Star”, and many others. But Chloe said she wanted “Dance Cow”. She was very surprised when we went through the drive at Dairy Queen and her mother asked for “Dance Cow”.

So here she is with her ice cream cake. Just the way she wanted it.

Chloe danced even though she didn’t feel well. Ended up staying home from school Monday and Tuesday. We had the pleasure of her company both days. Not that we saw much of her. She spent her time holed up in the bedroom sleeping or downstairs in the family room listening to music.

Our friend Dave is staining our pool deck for us. We got two gallon of stain to start with but the wood is really absorbing it. So we went to Lowes this week and got two more gallon. Dave is a life saver. He is slow and steady but still doing it a lot faster then we could have. A couple times I was really worried about him being in the sun so long but he is much younger than we are. Can’t say enough thanks for him doing it for us. Of course we will pay him but I don’t think we have enough free money to pay him what it’s really worth to us.

We did the yard work Thursday. It wasn’t too bad this week. Hadn’t grown all the much and the guys working on the back deck to the house didn’t have things all over the yard.

They are about done with the deck. Just some trim needs put on the stairs and the railing. We are waiting for it to come in. Should be here in the next week or so. That will be another job done.

Twin-M came and delivered our 5 cubic yard of top soil Friday. Saturday morning we spent awhile loading it in the wheel barrow and putting it in the garden. Got it all about done. Still have a few loads to go. Then we’ll put some fertilizer on it and rototill it again. Then it will be ready for Kathy to plant. Just hope she takes better care of it and doesn’t over water it like she has the past couple years. A lot of work for such little reward in terms of vegetables.

The dog is doing better. I suggested to Kathy the reason he was having problems sleeping was that he was lonely. So she took my advice and brought him in the bedroom with us and put him in a crate. That helped. He doesn’t bark at all hours of the night but does scrap the sides of the crate occasionally when he re-adjusts himself. Has a little problem with diarrhea right now so Kathy is giving him meals with cooked rice. If that doesn’t clear up today it will be a trip to the vets tomorrow.

The two of them are getting along well. Here they sit while Kathy and I worked on the garden this week.

Kathy’s roses are in full bloom. We really need to put some mulch in here but we have too many other projects in the works right now.

Well that’s about it for this week. I did manage to get the shop and the work bench in the HAM shack cleaned up. Still no time for riding. I think that’s going to change this week. Time will tell.

Hope this finds everyone safe and well. They are lifting the restrictions here but I’m still using good judgement. Be careful my friends. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s