Week Ending 6/5/2021

Welcome to June………………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

5/30/21 – Sunday – Up late this morning.  Dogs where not quiet last night.  Down to start the blog but had an issue with my AMSAT account so I took care of that.  Upstairs for lunch and cleaned up.  Worked on the blog till time to go to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Home and had dinner.  Downstairs and usual evening routine.

5/31/21 – Monday – Up a little late.  Out to get gas for the lawn equipment.  Started the yard work.  Stopped briefly for lunch and finished up about 4PM.  Inside, cleaned up, rest then dinner.  Usual evening routine.

6/1/21 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Did the first of the month chores.  Changed the filter in the furnace and did the annual maintenance on the garage doors.  They called and said the Vibe was done.  Kathy and I went to the Blue Moon and dropped off a check for David for staining our deck.  Then to Daugherty’s to pick up the Vibe.  Then over to Shelbyville for lunch at the Cracker Barrel.  Shopping at Rural King and Walmart.  Home and opened the pool.  Had dinner and usual evening routine.

6/2/21 – Wednesday – Up early and out for a doctor’s appointment at 8:15.  Home and chores.  Lunch then out to run errands all afternoon.  Finally stopped off at Kroger for a prescription then Chubby Ray’s for dinner.  Home and usual evening routine.

6/3/21 – Thursday – Up a little late.  Chores then out to help Kathy work on the pool.  Spent the rest of the day in the shop doing some wood working for my cart so it will hold my service monitor.  Usual evening routine.

6/4/21 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Chores and more paint on my project in the shop.  Inside, cleaned up, lunch and out on the motorcycle for the afternoon.  Rode almost 3 hours and a little more than 100 miles.  Home and put things away.  Took a nap.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

6/5/21 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Helped Kathy with the pool this morning.  Spent the afternoon in the shack finishing off my project and working on my ICOM IC-735.  Usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Monday was yard work day. Didn’t get started till late as I had to go get gas for the mowers. Not a terrible day as it was rather cool.

Last Sunday started out nice then quickly turned sour when I found out my Amateur Satellite (AMSAT) login no longer worked. Got bit again by the email address change. Took me most of the morning to get that working after several emails to the guy that runs the service. Made getting the blog done very late last Sunday.

Had a doctor’s appointment Wednesday for my Thyroid medicine. Things are measured by the blood test called TSH. When the TSH number gets too high then it’s time to increase the dosage on the Levathyroxin that I take. Well several months ago it started going up so the doctor increased the dosage by 25 mcg. I had a test two weeks later and the TSH started coming down. Then I had blood work done a week ago and it was higher than ever. So the doctor increased the level again by 25 mcg. I have to go for another test in two weeks and another appointment in 3 months. We’ll see what happens with that.

The Pontiac Vibe had some weird lights on so I took it to Daugherty’s to have it diagnosed. They said they couldn’t find anything definitive so they reset the computer and everything cleared. In the mean time my son-in-law’s car had issues so Julie came over and borrowed her mother’s car since the Vibe was in the garage. We got the Vibe back on Tuesday so Julie came over and swapped it out for her mother’s car. Of course the day after Julie took it, all the lights came back on. I guess it will have to go back to Daugherty’s again after Mike gets his car back to see what’s going on with those lights.

Since our friend Dave finished staining the deck we started to open it this week. Tuesday we took the cover off and Thursday we dug some crap out of it. Kathy did the chemical routine and it started clearing up. Saturday we finished getting all the crud out of it but it’s still cloudy. I guess that will take a trip to the pool place with a water sample to finish getting it ready.

Here’s what it looks like now. That’s Kathy using the vacuum on it. You can see the cover we took off behind the pool on the grass drying out. The deck does look nice.

Worked on my test cart this week. Finally finished it up and got the paint to dry on Saturday.

Here’s what the finished product looks like. I spent $40 on the welding cart that was on sale at Harbor Freight, $10 on a nice piece of wood and a couple bucks on a can of black paint. Made the shelf to fit down inside the pan on the top and made it wide enough to sit the service monitor on. Then put the 4 channel scope on top of that and secured it all with a strap. Looks good and I’m sure it will work well.

Got out for a motorcycle ride on Friday. First time in two months the weather was nice, I didn’t have anything I had to do and my leg felt good enough to venture out. Took my usual route on 44 through Taylorsville and over to the Dixie Highway. Up to the Gene Snyder and around to Shelbyville road. Stopped at Greater’s Ice Cream for a waffle cone with chocolate chip ice cream. Then went on over to Shelbyville and back home. Out for almost 3 hours and put a little more than 100 miles on the bike. A good afternoon.

I stopped Physical Therapy for my leg and decided to get the spinal injections. I contacted the back specialist this week but haven’t gotten an appointment. I will keep you posted on how that goes.

OK, that’s it for this week. Hope this finds you all safe and healthy. Stay that way. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s