Week Ending 9/4/2021

Welcome to September, another month gone………………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

8/29/21 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Chores then cleaned up and out to church.  Had lunch at church and stayed late for the work party.  Home and did the blog.  Out with Kathy to Cattleman’s Steakhouse for dinner.  Some shopping on the way home.  Usual evening routine.

8/30/21 – Monday – Up at the usual time.  Chores and phone calls.  Then over to Mike Craycroft’s to take a tire off his wife’s car to take it to the tire place to have it repaired.  Back home.  Went grocery shopping with Kathy.  Home, lunch and worked on my bow.  A nap, dinner and usual evening routine.

8/31/21 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Out to get the wheel I dropped off at the tire place for Mike.  Took it over to the house and put it on his wife’s car for him.  Home and did paperwork.  Lunch then worked on the long bow.  Played radio awhile.  Bands are starting to pick up.  Then dinner.  Usual evening routine.

9/1/21 – Wednesday – Up a little early.  Out to get Gary for our hair cuts.  Kathy was out early to take the twins to school.  Back to the house.  Kathy was back so she helped me glue the leather on my longbow.  Worked in the shack the rest of the day.  Made some contacts as bands are improving.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

9/2/21 – Thursday – Up early and out for a doctor’s appointment.  Ran some errands then home and helped around the house while Kathy made banana bread.  Had lunch then outside to clean effluent filter, cleaned out the fire pit, drained some water out of the pool and split some more firewood.  Inside and worked on my bow.  Then cooked dinner and usual evening routine.

9/3/21 – Friday – Up a little early today.  My son-in-law came over and we worked on his car for awhile.  Then he got called into work.  Kathy and I did the yard work and cleaned the pool.  Usual evening routine.

8/4/21 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Outside and cleaned up some remain things.  Covered the fire pit with plastic so it will be dry for a fire tomorrow night if it rains tonight.  Kathy was out early to go to Gellrein Farms for a Sunflower/Corn festival.  I came in and cleaned up then started chores inside.  Downstairs to clean up the kitchenette area and then started on the shack.  Kathy came home with Julie and the grand kids so I went out to the swimming pool with them.  In and continued cleanup in the shack.  Had dinner then usual evening routine.  Continued clean up efforts.

Now the specifics:

Sunday I stayed late at church. They do things intelligently and have the congregation do the work on the property. I got vacuum detail in the sanctuary. Others worked on the kitchen, wood work and the outside. Had a good time with everyone. More churches should try it.

Did a lot of work on the long bow this week. Got the leather glued in place and ready to trim. That will be the last step. Haven’t decided how to do that yet but will come up with something this coming week. Then over to OPS supply and get some arrows and a target. Chloe checked out my progress and agreed to dress in period appropriate attire for the Renaissance Fair next year. And I will compete in the archery contest.

My friend Mike (the HAM guy) was diagnosed with COVID. It hit him hard. In the middle of everything the left rear tire on his wife’s car developed a slow leak. He got it up on a jack to save the tire wall but was not physically capable of taking it off and getting it fixed. So I went over Monday morning and took it off for him and went over to the local tire place. They couldn’t get too it for a couple hours and I didn’t feel like sticking around so I left it there and went back Tuesday morning to retrieve it and put it back on the car. At least that was one less thing for Mike to worry about.

I finally finished up getting all the requested paper work together on Thursday for the refinancing. I probably won’t be hearing anything to later next week with this being a holiday weekend.

Radio bands where much improved Tuesday and Wednesday. But I spoke too soon as they went dead again on Thursday. That is just the nature of the beast.

Wednesday I went over to pick up Gary for our hair cuts. Had to do it a day early this week as I had a doctor’s appointment scheduled Thursday. That trip was uneventful.

Thursday I worked outside primarily just to get out of the house. Seems like everything I was doing this week was inside. Did manage to get things looking pretty good outside. A good start to having the place looking good for the tribe that will be here Sunday.

Friday my son-in-law Mike came over with his Land Rover. That thing eats headlights like they are going out of style. They don’t seem to last more than 6 months or so. Anyway, they were both out. We went to the auto parts store and surveyed what they had. He had used the top of the line at one point and they only lasted a few weeks. Last time we put the mid priced bulbs in and they lasted longer. So this time I suggested he try the cheaper ones. We will see how long they last.

Mike got called into work while he was here so Kathy and I did the yard work. It really looks nice. We got a lot of rain this week and it was pooling all over the place. That didn’t do much for the lawn. Left quit a few dead areas.

Kathy went to a sunflower/corn festival on Saturday. I stayed home and finished the clean up outside. Then inside and cleaned up. Spent the rest of the day cleaning up the downstairs and getting the shack in order to receive visitors.

Julie and the grand kids came over after the festival Saturday.

I took the twins down and started to get in but it was very cold. I sat out for the day. But the kids, Julie and Kathy all had fun.

That’s about it for this week. I don’t know where the time goes. Next week should prove interesting. Rusty (our younger dog) will go for his operation so he doesn’t try humping everything in the house. I hear it also prevents them from “Marking their spot” inside the house. So he will be wearing a collar for a few days.

Some statistics for your consideration. The Kentucky Hospital Association published statistics this week. It seems that of all the people hospitalized with COVID, 9.2% were vaccinated and 90.8% were not. Now that is proof positive that although the vaccine isn’t 100% effective, it certainly is worth it. There are no statistics otherwise, but observations have indicated that even those that are hospitalized after having the vaccine have much milder symptoms than those who are un-vaccinated. Just some food for thought.

OK, hope this finds everyone safe and well. Please stay that way. Blog at you again next week.

One thought on “Week Ending 9/4/2021

  1. Busy, busy, busy. I’m with you…have no idea where the time goes! As you get older, it is a logarithmic equation!! How did we get anything done before retirement??


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s