Week Ending 3/26/22

Another busy week but getting some things wrapped up………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

3/20/22 – Sunday – Up late today.  Didn’t sleep well with the big dinner last night.  Kathy decided not to go to church so I took the opportunity to blow it off as well.  Worked on the blog a little.  Up for dinner.  Cleaned up and out to pick up a prescription for Kathy at Kroger then into the Masonic Lodge to do some HAM testing.  Back home by 3:30PM.  Finished the blog.  Dinner then the usual evening routine.

3/21/22 – Monday – I think my stomach thinks it’s this time last week.  Not behaving.  So, I read and slept a lot today.  Not sure exactly what happened.  Otherwise, usual time up and usual day.

3/22/22 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time and downstairs to see how a test I set up last night with TARPN is going.  Lunch and cleaned up.  Out to the dentist this afternoon to have a tooth checked out.  Otherwise, uneventful day and the usual evening routine.

3/23/22 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to the tax guys office to pick up the taxes.  A stop at the bank to move some money and Kroger to pick up some skim milk for Kathy.  Home and lunch.  A nap then up and got my BBS on TARPN working.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

3/24/22 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to Kentucky’s equivalent of the DMV.  Kathy went to have some dental work done.  I got back home shortly after noon.  Kathy was pretty numbed up yet so I had a sandwich for lunch.  Took a little nap.  Up and chores around the house.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

3/25/22 – Friday – Up a little early and down to pick up my son-in-law Mike at the repair shop.  Went for breakfast at Lynda’s then home and some coffee.  He took off in the Vibe and I did some chores around the house.  Lunch then out to take Kathy to the eye doctor.  A quick trip to Costco for shopping afterward.  Home and dinner.  Usual evening routine.

3/26/22 – Saturday – Up a little late today.  Did Saturday morning chores around the house and got cleaned up.  Down to the shack to start putting paper work away starting with the tax documents.  Kathy went shopping so I helped her unload the car and put things away.  Then a late lunch.  More cleanup in the shack this afternoon.  Great dinner and usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Last week I neglected to mention a very important arrival at my daughter’s house. Our grand daughter Chloe became the proud parent of two rabbits. She had a guinea pig but it was very shy and stayed in it’s house most of the time. So she wanted something different. She decided on rabbits. So, the deal was, if she kept her room clean and grades up she could have a rabbit. She did in fact keep her grades up, room cleaned and was helping around the house. So off to get the rabbits. The person helping them was an excellent sales person and explained how just one rabbit would be lonely and she sold them two rabbits. Both male and fixed so no worries about new arrivals. Anyway, Chloe is very happy.

Summer is in the air. These are the pear trees we have along our driveway. They are now in full bloom. The are not the kind of pear trees that produce the fruit you are used to seeing in the grocery store.

Saw this on social media and had to pass it along. If I were a woman I would be furious over this horse shit. It’s just unbelievable. Glad to see some states are taking things in hand and doing the right thing and declaring it against the law for men to participate in woman’s sports. Don’t see that many woman changing over to compete in men’s sports. On the other hand, this gives me an idea.

What do you think my chances are? ROFL

Week started out OK. Kathy was not feeling well last Sunday so we both blew off church. I went into J-town to help with HAM testing. Otherwise, I spent the most of the week getting my GI system back to normal after the colonoscopy last week. It takes me forever to get back to normal.

Kathy was feeling very tired and lacked energy. Also got winded easily with very little exertion. She went to the doctor and he had blood work done and a chest X-ray. Seems to think it’s follow-up to her having COVID earlier this year. Whatever it is it comes and goes. We haven’t heard anything concise as yet but they have to do something for her.

And on top of that she went to the eye surgeon Friday and they said she has cataracts in both eyes. She is scheduled for surgery next month. She will have one done then 2 weeks later have the second one done. Keep you posted on that.

Got the taxes back on Wednesday. Getting money back from federal but owed state. So, payed the bill for having them done. Came home and made a check out to the state and got that in the mail. Spent some time this week cleaning that stuff up and filling it away. Another item closed for this year.

Finished up getting things lined up relative to license renewal. Got the Kentucky “Realid” and my veterans status on my license all taken care of. That’s another item that is done for another couple years.

Friday morning my son-in-law Mike brought Julie’s car over to Daugherty’s auto service and body shop to have the side view mirror replaced. I went down and picked him up and he bought breakfast at Lynda’s. Then he took the Vibe home.

The TARPN link has been running now for a couple weeks. I need to move the antenna to the other side of the house. It’s de-sensing my dual band radio since the antenna for that is right above the TARPN antenna.

Well that’s about it for this week. A lot of things going on and more to come. Hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s