Week Ending 5/21/22

A very busy week……………………………………

As always, first the chronology:

5/15/22 – Sunday – Up a little late again today.  Was awake at 5AM and couldn’t get back to sleep for over an hour.  No church today as they were having a combined service at a church in Louisville.  So, got cleaned up and downstairs to do the blog.  Went out and shot some arrows.  Inside and up for lunch.  Then downstairs to practice some CW.  Over to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Home and picked up Kathy.  Went to Watson’s pool supply to get chemicals to open the pool.  Then up to Bob Evan’s off Westport Road.  They were not open for inside dinning apparently because of staff shortages.  So called the one off Hurstborne Parkway to make sure they were open and headed down there.  Had dinner then to Kroger for some items.  Home and unloaded the truck and put it away.  Inside and usual evening routine.

5/16/22 – Monday – Up very early this morning.  Did not sleep much at all last night.  Had heartburn from the crap I ate at Bob Evans.  I need to be more careful.  Out on the road at 6:30AM to take Kathy to the eye surgery place.  We were on our way back home a little after 10AM.  Got her settled and dogs tended to.  Took the truck over to the Morton building.  Ran the generator awhile for it’s monthly run.  Back in the house and cleaned things up a bit.  Got Kathy some food.  She went to bed and I tended to Rusty who was having a problem settling down.  Finally got him settled and laid down my self for an hour or so.  Up and continued with the domestic chores.  My Iambic Paddle came today so I adjusted that, put the cable on it and plug it into my radio and all works well.  Spent the rest of the day getting things together for tomorrow.  Had a snack for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

5/17/22 – Tuesday – Up very early this morning and down to the polls by 5:15AM.  Spent the day and didn’t get out till after 7PM.  Home and had dinner.  Then bed.

5/18/22 – Wednesday – Up a little late this morning.  Slept well last night but leg cramps woke me a few times.  Helped Kathy with domestic chores this morning then downstairs for routine chores with clearing emails and updating computer.  Upstairs for lunch.  Tried taking a nap but that didn’t work.  Back downstairs for more routine things around the shack.  Practiced CW.  Rainy outside so no archery practice today.  Usual evening routine.

5/19/22 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up, gathered tools and over to Gary and Loretta’s to do some work for Loretta.  Got the faucet changed and the under counter light replace in the kitchen.  Loretta was happy.  Ran out of steam just before lunch so will go back another time to replace the ceiling light in the kitchen and replace the slides on some drawers for her.  Came home, let the dogs out.  Had a snack for lunch and put things away.  Tried to take a nap but the dogs kept jumping up and down on the bed.  Got up and cleaned up the kitchen.  Kathy got home from shopping so I unloaded the car and helped put things away.  We chatted and I went downstairs a little before 4 to practice code but the band faded so I went back up for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

5/20/22 – Friday – Up at the usual time and out to do yard work at 9:30.  Took a break a little after noon for a snack and break.  Ran out of steam about 3:30 and quit.  Still have the back piece behind the Morton building to mow.  Having problems with the mower.  Think the hydrostatic transmission is going bad.  Will take it to repair shop Monday.  In the house, cooled down and cleaned up.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

5/21/22 – Saturday – Up a little early today.  Loaded the rototiller in the truck and headed over to my son-in-law’s place.  Had coffee then un-loaded the rototiller for him to do about 18 inches wide and 10 feet long.  If I had known that is all he wanted to do I’d have told him to use a shovel.  Anyway, loaded up the rotoriller and headed home.  Put things away and in the house to shop online for a new mower and see where I could perhaps get a rebuilt hydrostatic drive for it.  After lunch went over and pulled the mower deck and got it ready to load on the trailer Monday to take to the John Deere repair shop.  Inside and screwed off the rest of the day.  Had a nice dinner then usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Kathy is done with her eye surgeries. All is good. Things are progressing a little slower with the left eye but the doctor said that might be the situation. Anyway, she can see now without glass. Just needs readers. Amazing.

Tuesday was the primary day here in Kentucky. Again I worked the polls. Got there around 5:15AM. Setup and opened at 6AM. In my opinion we had a very heavy turnout for a primary. Anyway, I worked the greeter position which verifies the person is eligible to vote and resolve the issues. Well, about 5:40PM they decided what we were doing wasn’t needed so they had everyone bypass us and just go to vote. I am a little more than pissed off about it. I thought my partner and I were doing a great job and busting our butts only to be told after 11 hours and some that our efforts really wasn’t necessary. I think I can safely say that next election I definitely won’t be doing it.

Anyway, the team is suppose to stay around till everything is done. Well, we had one of the three teams with issues that went on and on. Making calls back to the county clerk’s office. Things should have been wrapped up in 45 minutes. My partner got upset and left shortly after 6PM. I tried to do the right thing and stay till everyone was done, but after sitting around for over an hour with nothing to do I left. If they want to fire me, please do so.

Tuesday night I didn’t sleep well. I guess my legs were complaining that I was sitting around too much all day. I kept getting awake with leg cramps. So, for most of the day Wednesday I did nothing but menial things to try and recover from the previous day.

Thursday I went over to Gary and Loretta’s. They have been dealing with issues like a bad kitchen faucet and a light that didn’t work under the cupboards. The ceiling light has been giving them problems and a couple of her draws in the kitchen need new rollers. I have no idea why the family can’t get together and fix some of these issues. Anyway, I just thought it was ridiculous so I told Loretta to order what she wanted and I’d come over and install the stuff for her. I got the faucet changed and got the under counter light installed. That was about the limit for my back so I begged off and I’m scheduled to go back this coming Tuesday to get that all finished up.

Friday I spent the day doing yard work. Kathy isn’t suppose to over exert herself so I was on my own. I got everything out front done and started the back. Did the part behind the house but the hydrostatic drive on the law tractor is slipping badly. So I called implement folks I deal with and got it scheduled to go in Monday. In the mean time we have been looking at a new one since this one is about 8 years old. I’ll know more about that after they take a look at it and give me an estimate on the repair.

My son-in-law Mike wanted to use my rototiller to fix areas of the lawn where people ran off the road and made ruts in his yard. So, Saturday I loaded the rototiller on the truck and drove over. We had coffee and then out to unload the rototiller. We went down to where the ruts were and it was only an 18inch wide and about 10 feet long. I couldn’t believe I took that rototiller over for that little bit. If I had known that was all he had to do I would have told him to do it with shovel and rake.

Between busy days and shit weather I had little time to practice archery. Hopefully next week will be better for that.

I’m still working on the CW. I got an Iambic Paddle for the HF rig that will allow me to send more accurate code than I can with a straight key. Perhaps I”ll post some pictures and write a little explanation in a separate post.

Had a visitor at the Morton Building on Friday while I was mowing the lawn. I think he’s harmless but I wasn’t going to test my knowledge of snakes. He was about 4 feet long and from what I’ve read on social media, he’s a common one around here and eats rats, mice and moles. So I figure he was a good guy to have around. I let him alone and he was gone in a couple minutes.

Kathy’s flowers are doing very well this year. The picture doesn’t do them justice.

OK, that’s it for this week. Hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s