Week Ending 5/28/22

An interesting week, not too much work though……………………………

As always, first the chronology:

5/22/22 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Usual Sunday morning routine and out to church with Kathy.  Home and a snack for lunch.  Down to do the blog.  Over to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Home and picked up Kathy and off to Cattleman’s Steakhouse for dinner.  Home and put the trailer on the truck and the John Deere lawn tractor on the trailer.  All ready to take it over to Wright Implement tomorrow morning to have them look at the hydrostatic drive.  In and usual evening routine.

5/23/22 – Monday – Up a little early today.  Want to get the lawn tractor over to Wright Implement so they can diagnosis any problems it might have.  Kathy rode along and while we were at the dealer, we looked at what was available in John Deere lawn tractors and zero turn mowers.  Then over to Lowes to check there stuff out.  Back home and disconnected the trailer and put things away.  Took the Vibe to Taylorsville for some shopping at County Mart.  Then over to Lynda’s for an early lunch.  Back home and took a nap.  Just a slow sorta day for that.  Did some research into lawn tractors and zero turn mowers.  Had a light dinner then usual evening routine.  

5/24/22 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Over to Gary and Loretta’s.  Put up a ceiling light for Loretta in her kitchen.  Looked at the drain issue on the sink and decided it was above my pay grade.  They are going to ask another person about it.  Hopefully he will take care of it for them.  The drawer slides I bought at Lowers were not the correct size so Gary ordered the correct ones today.  I’ll go take care of that when they come in.  Home and lunch.  Then some calls to try and nail some things down.  Updated windows on my laptop and upgraded the logging software for the KY QSO party on June 4th.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

5/25/22 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time, cleaned up and out for some archery practice.  Inside and some phone calls.  Then out to the Morton building to clean stuff out of the truck that I’ve accumulated over the past few days and get it ready for the trash.  Cleaned off the mower deck.  Inside for lunch.  Out to put the pool pump and filter together and put it on the pool.  Helped Kathy finish up some trimming she was doing.  Inside to cool down and a short nap.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

5/26/22 – Thursday – Up a little early.  Out to pick up Gary for our hair cuts.  Got back home around 11.  Had a light lunch then a short nap.  Did some reading while Rusty was getting clipped and Kathy was out watching grandkids.  Did some chores around the house and practiced CW.  Wet weather outside so no archery today.  Kathy came home and we decided on Chinese for dinner.  She ran off to get it while I practiced CW some more.  Had dinner then usual evening routine.

5/27/22 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out with Kathy to Wright Implement to see if they had a chance to look at my D170 which they didn’t.  We looked for our salesman but he was out of the office but would be back early afternoon.  So, we went looking around Lowes, stopped at the bank, stopped at Harbor Freight and then Rural King.  Then to Fiesta Bravo for lunch.  Went back to Wright Implement and placed our order for a zero turn mower.  It will be 4 to 6 weeks till we get it.  Then home, put things away.  Had a short nap.  Up for dinner and usual evening routine.

5/28/22 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up.  Julie and the Grandkids came over to help with the pool.  Julie brought her laptop for me to fix.  They departed and we drained the pool some more and got the cover off.  Finished up working on Julie’s laptop.  All is good now.  Had lunch with Julie and the grandkids while they were here.  Had leftover Chinese for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

I think I got pretty good pictures of the nice deck lights I installed. What do you think?

The controller for the lights on the pool is too far away from the house for the WiFi to work so they are operated with a remote switch in the kitchen. The lights on the rear deck are linked to Google Home and Alexa so all you have to do is ask one of them to turn on the deck lights and they automatically come on. And of course Google or Alexa will also turn them off.

I took the D170 lawn tractor over to Wright Implement on Monday last week for them to diagnose the drive issue. It very well may be a worn drive belt but I’m betting it’s the hydrostatic drive. We stopped again on Friday and they hadn’t had a chance to look at it yet. As with everyone else, they are suffering from a shortage of qualified help. The sales guy we talked to Monday was not in the office but was coming back early afternoon. So Kathy and I did some running around and wasted time till after lunch and went back to see him and we ordered a zero turn mower. It will probably be a month or so before we see it. Until then I’ll borrow my son-in-law’s mower or hopefully we’ll get the D170 back. Keep you posted.

Tuesday I went over to finish up Loretta’s projects. She keeps adding things. I put the ceiling light up for her and that finished the initial list. The sink was still leaking and it was the drain. I took a look at it but part of the drain was PVC and the part on the sink was metal and rusted solid. I decided that was out of my league and they will look for someone else. I also checked the drawers and the slides I got were not the correct ones. So Gary will order those and when they come in I will go over and replace those so Loretta’s kitchen drawers will work.

Wednesday I was outside doing some things and got the pool pump and filter out. I put them together and hooked them up to the pool. I was going to siphon the water off the cover but Kathy thought the cover was not water proof and I would just be draining the water out of the pool. Rather than get into another argument I just stopped. Julie came over Saturday to help take the cover off and did some research and as I suspected, the cover is waterproof. So, I started siphoning again. Well it appears there was a lot of water on the cover that displaced the water in the pool and pushed it out the drain openings. So rather than lose all the water we just took the cover off and dumped the contents in the pool. Then we cleaned the crap out of the pool and vacuumed it. Started putting water in and it should be ready to fire up Sunday and then we’ll start with the chemicals.

Thursday I went to get Gary and take him to get his hair cut. Kathy was out to drop off Rusty to get his hair clipped then she went up to watch the grand kids. Gary is not doing well. He is now using a wheel chair at home and is more unsteady when he uses the walker.

I’ve been working to get things ready for the KY QSO party this coming Saturday. It runs from 9AM to 9PM and is a contest to see how many station you can contact on phone, CW and RTTY. It’s a fun thing and it’s a good group for guys. No one gets bent out of shape and it’s just a lot of fun.

Been practicing the archery when the weather is good. Also been trying to nail down the specifics of the contest at the renaissance fair. Very hard to get in touch with those people. We’ll see what happens.

Well that’s about it for this week. As always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s