Week Ending 8/13/22

Not a bad week, slowly getting back to normal (Whatever that is)…………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

8/7/22 – Sunday – Up at the usual time feeling well rested and very good.  Kathy and I went to church.  Home and a snack for lunch.  Had rained so nothing could be done outside so we decided to chill for the afternoon and nap with the dogs.  Up and out to the Longhorn for dinner.  Stopped at Feeder’s Supply for some things for the dogs.  Then to Dairy Queen for dessert.  Home and usual evening routine.

8/8/22 – Monday – Up at the usual time.  Kathy was off to watch the grand kids.  She brought them back over and started the yard work with the kids help.  All she did was make a mess of it.  Nothing finished, all half assed.  Oh well.  She won’t let me do anything hard so I’m in a catch 22.  I let go and accept the shit mess, ignore it and carry on with life.

8/9/22 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Kathy off again to watch grand kids for the last time this summer.  Tomorrow they go back to school.  Wasn’t allowed to do shit so played radio this morning.  Did some reading.  Late lunch then a nap till Kathy got home.  Usual evening routine.

8/10/22 – Wednesday – Up very late this morning.  Few chores before lunch.  Then down to the shack and did a blog entry and did some reviews of the hospital.  Otherwise, usual day.

8/11/22 – Thursday – Up a little early.  Kathy took me to get my hair cut.  Home and started some yard work.  Finished the mowing and cleaned up the remaining straw bails.  Done by 1PM.  Inside for lunch and cleaned up.  A nap till dinner.  Usual evening routine.

8/12/22 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and chores around the house.  Took the bike down to Taylorsville to get some Rid-X at ACE Hardware.  Home, picked up Kathy and over to Cattleman’s for lunch.  Stopped at the John Deere dealership to ask a question about the warranty on the mower.  Then home.  Some computer work then off on the bike to J-town for HAM testing at the Masonic Lodge.  Home, changed clothes and Kathy and I went to Dairy Queen for dinner.

8/13/22 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and usual Saturday morning routine.  Kathy went shopping, I worked in the shack till she got home.  Helped her unload and put away groceries.  Lunch.  Nap.  Kathy went out and did some painting.  I went back to the shack and did some trouble shooting.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Kathy watched the grand kids for two days this week. That should be the end of that as they started school on Wednesday. They seemed excited but got mixed messages about it after their first day.

Kathy brought the kids over on Monday and started the yard work. I wasn’t allowed to do anything so nothing got trimmed and the grass is still on the driveways. It was a real shit mess but I had to let go and accept the fact there was nothing I could do about it. Talk about stress. She can get her panties in a twist because I put the dish rag in the wrong place but she can’t appreciate my wanting the yard to look good.

Thursday was haircut day. I wasn’t allowed to go get Gary so I made her take me.

Friday I was allowed to ride the motorcycle. I took it down to Taylorsville in the morning to pick up some Rid-X at ACE hardware. Then I took it into J-town Friday evening to help with the HAM testing. I guess she figured if something happened to me on the motorcycle I’d only kill myself, if it was the car I might hurt someone else.

Still working to refine my keyer. Side tone is not loud enough and nothing appears wrong so I’m going to add an LM386 to make it a little louder. The IC doesn’t take a lot of external components and takes very little power so that should fit the bill.

Dairy Queen is now on my shit list. They stopped offering the grilled chicken sandwich which was my favorite. Oh well, another eating establishment off my list.

I’ve been doing well as far as feeling good. I had one day that I didn’t feel up to par. I had two cups of coffee that day which may have been the problem. I’ve cut back to one cup a day. I’ll try another cup some day this week and see if it causes a problem. This coming week I go for a teeth cleaning and the next week I have an appointment with Christi Goldman from Heart Rhythm Specialist. I’ll get to see where we go from here.

Thank you all who reached out to me and wished me well. It was greatly appreciated.

As always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way and I’ll blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s