Week Ending 8/20/22

Getting caught up on things…………………………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

8/14/22 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to church with Kathy.  Home and lunch.  Put some smoke bombs down the mole holes and cleaned up the swimming pool.  Inside and got ready for the tribe to show up.  Took a short nap.  The tribe showed up and we had burger, dogs and brats on the grill for dinner.  They departed and we cleaned up.  Otherwise usual evening routine.

8/15/22 – Monday – Up a little late today.  Didn’t sleep well last night.  Think the two hot dogs with onions did my stomach in.  Got cleaned up and out to run errands.  Home and did some computer things for Kathy.  Then out to Shelbyville for lunch at Arby’s then shopping at Tractor Supply.  Home and unpacked things.  Nap this afternoon along with some chores.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

8/16/22 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out for a dentist appointment.  He was running late with some emergency issues to deal with.  Not a problem.  Appointment was 10AM and he got in to see me around 10:50.  No problems so just got a cleaning.  Home and played with the animals awhile.  Kathy called and was late getting out of her pedicure so she was going straight to the hair salon.  So I had one of the dinners she picked up for us to try.  Then downstairs and work on the LM386 project for awhile.  Kathy came home and we all took a nap.  Up and out to the Mexican restaurant for dinner.  Home and usual evening routine.

8/17/22 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time.  Kathy was out to take the twins to the doctor’s.  I started the yard work.  Stopped for lunch when Kathy came home.  Then we went out together and finished it.  Stopped around 3PM.  Inside, cooled down, and showered.  Had Chinese Takeout for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

8/18/22 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Down to the church to clean.  Spent a couple hours.  Then to the Tea Cup in Taylorsville for lunch.  Was interesting for the first time but not something I would do again or very often.  Home and hitched the trailer to the truck and took the D170 over to the dealership to find out why it’s throwing oil.  Home and a little nap.  A light snack for dinner and usual evening routine.

8/19/22 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Mike came over with the Vibe and I rode with him down to pick up his Range Rover at the repair shop.  I brought the Vibe back to the house.  Got a call about 45 minutes later.  Mike was broke down at a McDonald’s on the other side of his house.  So Kathy and I took the Vibe up to him so he could take Shelby to the doctor.  We stopped at the bank on the way home and then Wild Eggs for lunch.  Home and worked in the shack the rest of the day.  Dinner then the tribe brought back the Vibe.  Otherwise, usual evening routine.

8/20/22 – Saturday – Up a little early this morning.  Had breakfast then did the usual Saturday morning chores.  Bed looked good so went back for an hour.  Up and cleaned up.  Julie called and had some plumbing issues she wanted me to look at.  So we had lunch.  Kathy was going up to do her hair so I put my tools in her car and rode the motorcycle up.  Missing a part so didn’t get the task complete.  Rode the motorcycle down to Shelbyville.  Stopped at Harbor Freight for a set of screw drivers and a couple smoked safety glasses for Kathy.  Went next door to Dollar General and bought some shaving cream and charging cord for my cell phone.  Stopped for gas on the way home.  Julie called just as I was getting home and wanted to take us out to Yoki buffet for dinner.  So I got cleaned up again.  Kathy came home and we went to the buffet and had dinner with the Rice family.  Home and usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

I might have been a little premature last week when I bragged that we were done with babysitting the grand kids. It seems that since they started back to school they have all come down with something. And of course, even if it’s determined to be viral, if you run a temperature you can’t go back for 48 hours. A little ridiculous in my opinion, that’s where they got it anyway. So, Kathy was running kids to the doctor’s to get their permission slips to go back to school. And, constantly checking on them to make sure they were OK while they were home alone.

Wednesday we did the yard work. Kathy was off taking one of the kids to the doctors so I started. Had no problems with feeling bad. Actually I had less problems than I had before I was in the hospital. And legs didn’t bother me. Right knee is clicking away but no pain and it doesn’t seem to be weak.

Mike (my son-in-law) has had his share of problems with his vehicle. It’s a Range Rover which is a version of the Land Rover. It is very difficult to find someone to work on it because it has a reputation of getting fixed only to have something else break. It’s also difficult to get parts for so if a facility does work on it, they have to tie up a bay for as long as it takes to get the parts or else they have to disassemble it twice. Anyway, it had been at the local facility here called Daugherty’s. It had been there about 3 weeks. They text him Thursday that it was done. So Friday morning he came over as soon as he got the kids to school. I rode down to the service center with him in the Vibe. He took the Rover home and I took the Vibe home. I overheard that he paid $1700 for the repairs this time that included a new radiator. So I get home and start to prepare for a little motorcycle ride and I get a call from Julie. Mike is broke down at a McDonald’s just north of where they live. Mike was upset of course. So I took the Vibe up to him and Kathy followed to bring me home so Mike wouldn’t have to drive down to our place. He called Daugherty and they went up and towed it back to the repair shop. Seems they simply forgot to tighten a hose clamp. Very unusual for them. I have them take care of 4 vehicles for me and have never had a problem. Just another saga with the Range Rover.

So since I didn’t get to ride the motorcycle on Friday, I broke my rule about riding on weekends. Julie called and wanted me to look at a plumbing issue so I decided to put the tools in Kathy’s car and ride the motorcycle up. It was hot but enjoyable. There was a part missing out of the kit she had so I couldn’t complete the work. So I left there and rode over to Shelbyville and stopped at Harbor Freight to pick up some smoked safety glasses and a set of screw drivers. Went to the Dollar General store next to Harbor Freight and got some shaving cream and a cord to charge the cell phone. Stopped and gassed up the motorcycle on the way home. Only did about 45 miles but was a nice ride. Even sweating my ass off.

Thursday Kathy and I went over and cleaned the church. It was a little after 12 when we finished up so we went looking for a place for lunch. Went to Lynda’s which is a little hole in the wall that has great food and they were full up. So we decided to try the Tea Cup in Taylorsville. We have had pastries from there but never had a meal. I had a tuna melt with potato salad and a cup of potato soup. It was OK but nothing to get excited about. It was also a little on the expensive side so I don’t think we will be doing that very often if ever again.

While mowing the yard on Wednesday, the D170 started blowing oil. Last time it happened the dip stick came lose. I fixed that by putting another grommet on it. This time that was not the issue. I figure I blew a gasket or seal. Either way, I wasn’t going to spend time trying to find it then wait for parts and hope for the best. So Thursday we took it back to the John Deere dealer and will let him diagnose and fix it if it’s not too expensive. It’s an old mower but works well most of the time. And we have a bunch of implements that go with it so we’d like to keep it going. More on this later.

Got the LM386 circuit working for my keyer but have not gotten it installed. Continuing to work on that. Will keep you posted.

Those are the major issues for this week. Looking forward to this coming week as I get to see the Cardiac person to see where we go with this A-fib or mine.

As always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way. And I’ll blog at you again next week.

One thought on “Week Ending 8/20/22

  1. Been delinquent again on reading blog but caught up now. Sorry to hear about your heart issues and hospital stays. I hope your issues are now under control and you are doing better. I feel bad since I hadn’t read the blog on a weekly basis…I would have known about your issues sooner. I will call you. ❤


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s