Week Ending 9/4/22

A nice easy week……………………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

8/28/22 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to church with Kathy.  Home and lunch.  Down to do the blog.  Over to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Back to pick up Kathy and over to Red Lobster for dinner.  Stop at Dairy Queen for dessert.  Home and usual evening routine.

8/29/22 – Monday – Up a little early and out to DMV to get Kathy’s license changed.  Found out we need to go to the State Police first to have her eyes checked.  Started home and stopped at Kroger for some shopping.  Home and unloaded things.  Then to Lynda’s for lunch.  Home and nap time.  Up and got some things ready for a trip we are planning the later part of next month.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

8/30/22 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and helped Kathy get ready for our company.  Mike and Gloria showed up around 11AM.  We had lunch with them and socialized.  Mike’s car was done at Daugherty’s so they left around 1:30PM.  We cleaned up and then a nap.  Up and did some more planning for our trip next month.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

8/31/22 – Wednesday – Up a little early today, cleaned up and in to Louisville with Kathy for her doctor’s appointment.  Stopped in MIddletown at Oxmoor Mall for Kathy to get her eye glasses she ordered at Lense Crafters and then lunch at Frish’s Big Boy.  Home and picked up the vibe and took it up to Julie and Mike’s house for Julie to use while her car is repaired.  Back home and dropped off Kathy and over to Gary’s to get a picture of the pinout on one of his radio jacks.  Home and chores around the house.  A quick nap and dinner.  Usual evening routine.

9/1/22 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Out to start the yard work.  Finished up around 3:30PM.  Inside and cleaned up.  Took the Truck to Daugherty’s to have it gone over before we head east.  Had dinner at Hometown Pizza.  Usual evening routine.

9/2/22 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Out to Lowes to get some hard wood to make Kathy’s Ipad stand.  Home, cut and put polyurethane on it.  Inside and helped Kathy unload groceries from the car.  Had lunch then to the church to clean.  Not too bad today.  Didn’t take long.  Home and chores.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

9/3/22 – Saturday – Up at the usual time. Cleaned up and out to the Morton building to put another coat of polyurethane on the base for Kathy’s Ipad holder.  Inside and some first of the month chores.  Lunch then work on the isolation transformer for Gary.  Took a short nap.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Monday was the big day for Kathy to get the lenses restriction removed from her drivers licenses. We thought the note from the doctor would be sufficient but she still has to go to the State Police and have them test her. Seems like a crock of shit but that’s the rules. We tried getting an appointment for that but they will only let you schedule a month in advance and all those appointments were full. We will address that toward the end of the month.

We have been spending some time doing trip planning. Our friends from central Pennsylvania will be at Assateague state park in Maryland the month of September and invited us to stop down. So we are going to visit a friend of Kathy’s that she graduated from nursing school with in Camden, De then go down to the state park for a couple days so Kathy can put her feet in the ocean. That planning is mostly done at this point. We will take two days to travel to Delaware, stay a couple days there then travel down to the state park which is about an hour and 1/2 from Camden, De. Plan to stay there a few days then spend two days coming back. Should be fun.

My HAM friend Mike brought his car over to Daugherty’s to have some work done on it Tuesday. His wife Gloria came with him so they stopped at our house for lunch and to hang out awhile. Mike was surprised that they got his car done that day so they just had to drive down and pick it up. Was a nice time with them.

Kathy wanted to switch doctor’s to see if we could get one that was more proactive. And Julie suggested we are at the age we should look for a Primary Care Physician that specialized in geriatrics. So Wednesday we went into Louisville for that appointment. Wasn’t a bad trip getting in to where the doctor is. Not a crowded area of Louisville and in a safe area. I will consider the same after I see my PCP later this month.

On the way home we stopped at Oxmoor mall to pick up a pair of glasses Kathy ordered. Now that she can see without glasses, she only needs help with reading. So she ordered a pair of prescription sun glasses that have no correction in the main part and just the correction necessary for reading in the bifocal part. She seems happy with that.

While out running around we heard that Julie had battery problems with her car. Turns out it needed to be in the shop for awhile so Kathy and I took the Vibe up and dropped it off at their house so she would have it to take kids all the different places they need to go.

With our trip coming up and Julie and a couple other people we know having battery issues, I decided to have the truck service and to get the battery changed in it since it hasn’t been done since i got the truck. It seems batteries these days don’t go slowly and let you know before they quit, they just quit working. And it’s a bear to change it in the truck so I just had them do it. Also got new brakes on the front as well. All done and ready for our trip.

Thursday we did the yard work. Wasn’t too bad. The D170 is still in the shop so Kathy mowed it all with the Zero Turn. I just did some trimming and removed some rather large branches that I had to use the chain saw on.

Kathy has been looking for a Ipad stand but hasn’t been able to find what she wants. So I got in gear and ordered some material and essentially made one for her. I went over to Lowes on Friday and got some hard red wood for the base. Got two coats of polyurethane on it. When it’s ready I have felt to put on the bottom then just drill the holes and screw the assembly I ordered to it. I’ll have pictures next week.

Well that’s it for this week. As always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way and I’ll blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s