Week Ending 01/28/23

Not an exciting week but got some things done……………..

As always, first the chronology:

1/22/23 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Didn’t sleep for shit last night.  Got cleaned up  and out to church.  Kathy was tired so she stayed home.  Back home and lunch.  Took a nap then out to see Gary for awhile.  Home, picked up Kathy and off to Olive Garden for dinner. Home, did the blog and usual evening activities.

1/23/23 – Monday – Up at the usual time.  Helped Kathy with some health insurance and medication issues.  Got her setup for the mail order system that makes things much easier.  Had a snack for lunch.  Then down to the shack and played radio.  Made some good contacts.  Up for dinner and the usual evening routine.

1/24/23 – Tuesday – Up a little early this morning.  Had to have the truck into the Chevy dealer for a recall.  They said it would take most of the day.  Kathy picked me up and we went into Louisville for Kathy to get her blood drawn.  Then a couple stops for some shopping.  Home before lunch.  Neither one of us were hungry so we just snacked.  Then to bed for a nap.  Up and called the dealership and they announced the truck would not be done till tomorrow.  Well, there will be issues over that.  Anyway, Kathy and I went over to Shelbyville to check out a park we might use for field day this summer.  Then to Milano’s for dinner.  Stopped at the bank and headed home.  Usual evening routine.

1/25/23 – Wednesday – Up a little late this morning.  Did a bunch of stuff on the phone and sent messages.  All about medical things.  Damn it’s bad when you get old.  Then snack for lunch and headed into Bachman’s Cheverolet to pick up the truck.  Sat around for an hour for it to be finished.  Then home and put it away.  Had a great dinner then the usual evening routine.

1/26/23 – Thursday – Up a little late again this morning.  Kathy had a bad night so as soon as she had breakfast she went back to bed.  I sat at the kitchen table and did a lot of reading.  At noon I heated up some left overs from Milano’s restaurant.  Then downstairs and cleaned off my desk and did some filing.  Got some old magazines ready to go out in the trash.  Up and helped Kathy awhile then dinner.  Usual evening routine.

1/27/23 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to clean the church.  Finished up around noon.  Went to Hometown Pizza for lunch.  Did some shopping on the way home.  Put things away.  Took a nap.  Up and did some chores.  Snack for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

1/28/23 – Saturday – Up a little late this morning.  Did end of week chores.  Had lunch.  Kathy was off to pick up Shelby to stay the night and do some shopping.  I went to the shack and worked on figuring out how MOSFET transistors work.  Kathy came home with Shelby and we had dinner.  Then I did a backup and upgrade of my Linux system on my laptop.

Now the specifics:

The worst part of the week was getting the recall done on my truck. I scheduled it for Tuesday morning. Planned to drop it off and go into Louisville then pick it up on the way home. Well, I was advised it would take most of the day because it was a big job. When I finally picked it up the mechanic said he worked on it a couple hours. So that was lie number one. I hadn’t heard anything by afternoon on Tuesday so I called the dealership and the guy that answered the phone said it hadn’t been moved into the shop yet. He transferred me to the “Service Consultant” that I saw when I took it in and she said it wouldn’t be done till tomorrow. So, I let it ride. By lunch time Wednesday I hadn’t heard anything so I decided to go in and pick it up around 2:30 or 3PM. I advised several people of my intention. I arrived at the dealership and was sent to the people that check you out. They of course said they hadn’t gotten the information on it and it appeared like it was still being worked on. So I told them I wanted to see the service manager. Well, unfortunately this guy was super nice. I guess that’s why he has the job he has. He was actually the service manager’s boss. He apologized and went back to see how long it would take to finish up. He came back and announced that it would be less than an hour. So, I went to the waiting area and in about 1/2 hour he came out and told me it was done and they were just finishing up the paperwork. I got the truck and came home. Got a text the next day from the service manager and said the appointment was to see the “Service Consultant”. Not when the work would be done. I guess I’ve cooled down too much. Don’t see any point and raising hell. Doubt that it will do any good. Next time I’ll take it somewhere else. And I definitely would not buy another vehicle at that dealership.

I helped Kathy get her prescriptions all transferred to the new mail order service our new United Health Care plan uses. It’s called OptumRX. The people there seem nice but I’m getting emails every time someone in the place farts. I must have had 2 to 3 dozen emails. We sent a request to your doctor, we got the request approved, we are preparing you prescription, it is finished and we are preparing to ship it, we shipped it. Just unbelievable. Then after you clear the smoke screen you have enough medicine on hand to last you through July. I’d be pissed if it cost me a lot but most of it I get free. The stuff I pay for is the expensive stuff like Eliquis. Anyway, I’d rather have it this way then run short.

Bands were great this week. Had the chance to sit down and actually play radio. Made a bunch of local contacts (Maine, New Jersey, Etc.) and had some nice chats. Also made a PSK contact with the Canary Islands. Lots of fun.

Kathy has not been feeling very motivated as she usual is. So, she went in to have her blood drawn and see what was going on. Sure enough her thyroid medication was not enough. The doctor cut her back as she was taking too much but now she is too low. So they called the next day and told her they would send a prescription in for her that was a higher dosage. Hopefully that will fix that problem.

The president of our HAM club called to reserve the park that we did field day at last year and they were booked up on Sunday. Our exercise runs both days. So, he got a reservation at another park closer to downtown Shelbyville and asked me to take a look at it. So Kathy and I went over and drove through it. Very nice. Has bathroom facilities and a covered area to setup. I think it’s very nice. I fed that back to the president and I suspect that will be discussed at the meeting next month.

Well that’s all the excitement for this week. Still have the amplifier from the church spread out over the table in the kitchenette down here. Hopefully I’ll get the fan next week. Anyway, as always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s