Week Ending 2/4/23

Not a busy or exciting week…………………..

As always, first the chronology:

1/29/23 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Had a big breakfast for Shelby who stayed the night with us.  Then cleaned up and out to Church.  Hit Dairy Queen for lunch because that’s where Shelby wanted to go.  Home and did the blog.  Then out to Gary’s for the Sunday afternoon get together.  Home and picked up Kathy and Shelby and went to meet up with Mike and Carter for dinner at the Yoki Buffet. Shelby went home with her dad and Carter.  We came home and usual evening routine.

1/30/23 – Monday – Up at the usual time.  Down to play radio.  Bands where great.  Kathy went up to take Carter to the dentist.  I had a snack for lunch and showered. Back to playing radio.  Kathy came home.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

1/31/23 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Down to play radio.  Spent time on the bench trying to understand how a MOSFET transistor works.  Usual evening routine.

2/1/23 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time.  Did chores around the house.  Had lunch.  Downstairs to do more work on the workbench.  Had a snack then out to see Chloe inducted into the Beta Society.  Then out to the Fuji Japanese steak house for a late dinner.  Home, chores and bed.

2/2/23 – Thursday – Up a little early this morning.  Cleaned up and out for a hair cut.  Home and chores.  Didn’t sleep well so both and Kathy and I took a nap.  Lunch then downstairs to continue my work at the work bench.  Up for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

2/3/23 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to the grocery story with Kathy.  Home, unloaded groceries and had lunch.  Took a nap.  Downstairs to do some computer work.  Then upstairs for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

2/4/23 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Did the Saturday morning chores.  Kathy was out shortly before lunch to go to the chocolate crawl in LaGrange with Julie and the tribe.  I worked on the top to the old garbage can.  Got cleaned up and met the tribe at Milano’s just off Westport road for dinner.  Then back to their  house for the cake etc for Carter and Chloe’s birthday.  Home and usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Julie took Chloe up to Columbus, OH last weekend for a ballet workshop so we kept Shelby Saturday night into Sunday. She loves to come over because Kathy always cooks a large breakfast for her. Pancakes, eggs, sausage and biscuits. Then to church and to Dairy Queen for lunch because Shelby likes our local Dairy Queen.

Then Wednesday was Chloe getting inducted into the Beta Club. That’s something like the Honor Society for kids that aren’t in high school yet. Then Mike took us all out to the Fuji Japanese Steak house for a late dinner.

Thursday I was up a little early to get my hair cut. Stopped down in Taylorsville to pick up Valentine’s day and Birthday cards for this month.

Saturday was the Chocolate Crawl. It’s an annual event in LaGrange. You buy tickets and then you walk through the LaGrange shopping area and hit various stores and get free handouts. Of course the idea is that you buy something while you are getting your freebies. Part of being in the Beta Club is volunteering. Since Carter and Chloe are both in the club now, they both volunteered to work during the Chocolate Crawl. It was also their birthday so they wanted to go to Milano’s for dinner. So I went up and met them there. After dinner we went back to their place and had cake and they opened presents.

Carter wanted a rice maker for his birthday. Yea, I’m starting to wonder about the kid. Anyway, his parents told him they wouldn’t get him one so I downloaded a picture of a Japanese lady making rice and gave it to him for his rice maker. Actually his parents did get him one. I don’t know.

Band conditions were fantastic this week so I spent a lot of time in front of the radios. Made a lot of European contacts on digital modes. Rather exciting to chat keyboard to keyboard with a person in the Canary Islands with only 50 watts. Well, I think it’s amazing.

I’m still working on the power for my go box. I was going to use MOSFET transistors to turn the 12 volts on and off but they seem to conduct backward. So if I lost the battery or the AC supply, I couldn’t tell because the power would feed back through the MOSFET. So I discarded that idea and I’m going to try a IGBT transistor. They are not suppose to have the diode protection that a MOSFET has. Hopefully that will work.

Anyway, I’m down for now working on the power supply. The fan has yet to arrive for the Fender amp that is in parts all over the kitchen table down here. So I was relegated to working on the top of the garbage can with the lid that should automatically go up and down.

Well that’s it for this week. Hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s