Week Ending 03/18/23

Another busy week……………………………………………

As always, first the chronology:

3/12/23 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to church with Kathy.  Home and lunch.  Did the blog then out to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Back to the house and picked up Kathy and to Olive Garden for dinner.  I was good and only had the never ending soup and salad.  Home and usual evening routine.

3/13/23 – Monday – Up a little early this morning. Cleaned up and out to PT in Shelbyville.  Stopped at Lowes on the way home to look for some Acrylic Varnish.  Nothing to be found.  Picked up some garbage bags.  Home and lunch.  Had to take the Vibe to the service center for an oil change.  Home and walked the treadmill for 30 minutes.  Discovered the router was hosed up so spent an hour and 1/2 doing a complete reboot and reconfiguration.  Then dinner and usual evening routine. 

3/14/23 – Tuesday – Up a little early again this morning.  Cleaned up and out to PT in Shelbyville.  Kathy was already up to take care of Shelby who was home sick.  After PT I drove over to Hobby Lobby in MIddletown.  Picked up some UV Archival Varnish to use with my transparencies.  Over to the bank to get some money and to pickup the tax forms.  Home and had lunch.  Kathy came home.  Got the stuff together to renew the registration on a bunch of vehicles.  Drove to Taylorsville and did the renewal at the county clerk’s office.  Home and dinner.  Then off to a HAM club meeting in Shelbyville.

3/15/23 – Wednesday – Up a little early again this morning.  Cleaned up and up for my annual wellness checkup at the doctor’s office.  Home and had a snack.  Kathy was off to her doctor’s appointment in Louisville.  Did some research and returned emails.  Kathy called and said she was going up to take care of Shelby for lunch so I had a frozen dinner.  Kathy came home and we took a nap.  Up and down to church for soup before the service.  Home and usual evening routine.

3/16/23 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Didn’t have to go to PT till 10AM.  Got back and another cup of coffee and did some reading till Kathy got home.  Had lunch then down to do my 30 minutes on the treadmill.  Did some research on my presentation I have to give at the HAM club meeting next month.  Then up for a nap.  Couldn’t sleep so got up and helped Kathy with laundry.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

3/17/23 – Friday – Up a little late this morning.  Did my exercises and some chores around the house.  Kathy took off to do some shopping.  I did some research online until she got home.  Had a late lunch then Kathy went for a nap.  I played radio.  Kathy got up and we went to Hometown for dinner.  Home and usual evening routine.

3/18/23 – Saturday – Up a little late again.  Did my exercises and the treadmill for 30 minutes.  Had lunch then cleaned up.  Out to pick up a cake and other things for Julie’s birthday party.  Got to her house around 3:30PM.  Helped setup till the party started at 5PM.  We stayed till around 8PM and the party was still going strong.  Home, unloaded things and usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Mike (My son-in-law) finally got a new car. A nice BMW station wagon. Looks good and should be better for him than the Land Rover. That means I got the Vibe back and since I’m sure he ran the shit out of it I got it in for maintenance on Monday.

Tax time is near and all my investment documentation is usually available the beginning of March. So I called my friend at the bank and got all the forms from them. Kathy is getting her stuff together and I need to get a bunch of the medical and donation documentation together. Hopefully I’ll get all that to the accountant before the end of the month.

Wednesday I had my annual wellness checkup. I wish they would just let me do it and save the time running back and forth to the doctor’s office. Anyway, blood work showed my TSH was bottoming out so he dropped the dosage on my thyroid medicine. That will be counter productive to my efforts to lose weight and of course will lower energy level. Just what I need. But I guess it’s for the best since an extremely low TSH contributes to A-fib.

Being my birthday is this month, all the vehicle registrations come due. So Tuesday I made the trek to the local County Clerks office, handed them a bunch of money and got the registration renewed on the motorcycle, trailer, pickup truck and two cars. When you have to pay personal property tax on all that stuff it gets a little expensive. But it’s done, stickers are in place and paper work where it should be.

Well Julie’s 50th birthday party was yesterday (the 18th). Mike went all out. Hired a caterer who also did the bar tender duties. Kathy and I picked up the birthday cake and some other things on our way over. We got to the house around 3:30PM and helped setup till the party started at 5PM. Had a house full of people. I knew most of them so it was fun to meet everyone. Mike even had an Elvis impersonator come sing along with skits etc. Kathy and I left around 8PM when the party was over but we heard it went on till almost 11. But she had a good time and I’m sure she will remember it.

I’ve been working on a process to make transparencies to label the front of equipment I build. It looks a little trashy with P-touch labels. So I got some material that you can use in an ink jet printer. The problem is that the ink on those printers is water soluble. So, you need to use an acrylic varnish to seal the printing before you soak the material in water to transfer it to the front panel. I had a hell of a time finding the correct thing. Finally found a product made by Krylon at Hobby Lobby called UV Archival Varnish. It worked great. However, I just printed a drawing and tried to attach it to the front of a notebook and it didn’t stick. I’m not sure why but I’m going to try it again on something more smooth. I might have to find an adhesive to make things work. I will continue my efforts on this as time allows.

My router got hosed up this week. I’m not sure why. Could have been an update or someone might have tried to hack it. Either way, it appears the attempt failed and the result was a hosed up router. So I rebooted it to factory default and reloaded everything. Took me longer to figure out the problem then it did to fix it.

PT is progressing well. I’m realizing more flexibility and mobility but the pain level is increased. I go back Tuesday and will address those issues with the boss over there.

Last but not least is my diet efforts. As I said previously, the lowering of my thyroid medication will hamper my efforts but that had to be done. As of this morning I was down from 260 to 248. That was before I binged out tonight. But I’m sure by the end of this week I’ll be back down below 245. I’ll keep you posted.

I think that’s enough for this week. As always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way and I’ll blog at you again next week

One thought on “Week Ending 03/18/23

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s