Week Ending 4/22/23

Not extremely busy but stayed moving……………………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

4/16/23 – Sunday – Up a little late this morning.  Did my exercises and got cleaned up.  Out to church with Kathy.  Had a business meeting after church.  Kathy was voted into the membership.  Then home and lunch.  Down to work on the blog then out to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Home and some chores around the house.  Dinner then downstairs to finish the blog.  Otherwise, usual evening routine.

4/17/23 – Monday – Up very early today.  Cleaned up and out to a PT appointment at 7:30AM.  Got home around 9AM.  Took a nap.  Up and took the Chrysler to the shop for maintenance around 11:30AM and up to the surgery center for Kathy’s Colonoscopy.  Out of there around 3PM.  Over to Bob Evans for a late lunch early dinner.  Then home and another nap.  Up and a snack for dinner.  Then the usual evening routine.

4/18/23 – Tuesday – Up a little early this morning.  Cleaned up and out to PT at 9:30.  Kathy was gone again to take the grand kids to school.  I came home and she was sleeping so I did some computer work.  I woke her up a little before noon so she could get to her woman’s group at church.  I had lunch.  Kathy got out of her meeting and we went down to retrieve the Chrysler.  Back home and did some antenna work.  Took Kathy to Hometown for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

4/19/23 – Wednesday – Up a little early again this morning.  Did my exercises and cleaned up.  Then up to the doctor’s office to get blood drawn for my appointment next week to see how my thyroid medicine is doing.  Home and a nap.  Up for lunch then down to the shack to start cleaning thing up.  Got some things ordered and some things put away.  Had burgers on the grill for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

4/20/23 – Thursday – Up a little early today.  Did my exercises, cleaned up and down for a hair cut.  Home and did some gathering of information on the bike.  Got a multimeter and took it down to Faith then over to PT.  Got home around 1PM.  Had a snack for lunch then out with Kathy to Kroger for some groceries.  Home and put things away.  Back on the computer for awhile then a short nap.  Up for dinner and usual evening routine.

4/21/23 – Friday – Up at the usual hour.  Did exercises and some chores around the house.  Then lunch.  Down to the shack and finished characterizing my portable antenna.  Made up the reference card for it and wrote up the results.  Cleaned up a bit.  Then a shower and out to have dinner with the Rice family.  Home and continued the cleanup efforts in the shack.

4/22/23 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Did my exercises and the Saturday morning chores.  Had lunch and down to the shack to continue the cleanup effort.  Every time I turned something over I find something else I need to attend to.  But got through the stuff on the desk with some issues still outstanding.  Then dinner and usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Sunday was unremarkable. Kathy got officially voted into membership at church. Everyone assumed she was already a member. So just a formality.

We didn’t get to eat at church Sunday or go out Sunday evening as Kathy was getting ready for her colonoscopy on Monday. I did mention at church I was going to tell the doctor to look for her head while he was in there. They didn’t think that was funny as they like Kathy more than me. One girl said that in my case he’d need to look for a stick. I thought that was pretty funny.

I got Kathy up to the surgical center around noon on Monday. Got her checked in and they started the preparation. I didn’t see the doctor before hand but I told one of the nurses that came to get her that he should look for her head. I guess the message got to the doctor. When he saw me he commented about me getting taller then said he didn’t find a head. The nurse in Post-op was a little puzzled at that comment so I filled her in. I thought she was going to wet herself laughing. But everything is OK with her. She was concerned to get that done before 75 as they don’t require it after 75.

Of course we stopped at Bob Evan’s for her to pig out after we got done. Then home and rest for the remainder of the day. Nothing else exciting.

Tuesday and Wednesday morning Kathy was up bright and early. She had to go up and get the grand kids and deliver them to school. Julie was down in Georgia attending a meeting of PAs that are making up a test to qualify PAs in elder care. She got recommended by the VA and they gave her a raise for going to do that.

Tuesday afternoon Kathy came out and helped me try to get my end fed antenna in the front of the house back up in the tree. I encountered problem after problem and after three tries at different places in the tree we gave up. I ran out of dacron rope and line on my spinning reel that I used to get up in the tree. I order more rope and I’ll pick up another cheap reel at Walmart and give it a try next week.

The rest of the week was just mundane things. I had to take the Chrysler in for service. It was way overdue for an oil change. So we got that done.

I finished up characterizing my portable antenna. I made up a laminated card to go in the bag that describes exactly how to configure the antenna for each band. Since I was done with that I could clean all the stuff off the table in the kitchenette and get that place a little more presentable.

Weather has been very weird this year. Wednesday evening I was out in shorts and short sleeve shirt doing burgers on the grill. Thursday it rained all day and the temperature dropped like a lead balloon. Today I wore a long sleeve shirt, jeans and jacket to church. Not suppose to warm up till Tuesday or Wednesday.

PT is moving along. I have no idea if they are doing things correctly. I’m having issues with the girl I saw originally. But I got to see another lady twice last week. She is able to describe things a lot better. At least that I understand. But there doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to what and how they do things. But I go back to see the PA at Pain Management this week and perhaps I’ll get some better information from her. Either way, I am busting my ass doing the exercises twice a day as it appears I’m suppose to. I want to get done with this crap as fast as possible. These trips 3 times a week at 2 hours each (1/2 hour over, an hour of PT and 1/2 hour back) are starting to get old fast.

My brother-in-law and his wife are suppose to be coming down from Cincinnati sometime soon. They are going to be the God parents of Carter and Chloe when they do their thing at the Catholic church. I guess I should explain that Mary and Terry are Catholic and the rest of the family are not. So it sort of narrowed Mike and Julie’s choices. Anyway, that is why the effort to get things cleaned up in the house. Of course in going through things on my desk I keep finding more and more stuff that I need to do. So it’s taking a lot longer than it should. Hopefully (As I say every time) when I get it all organized I can keep up with it.

Well that’s about it for this week. As always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way and I’ll blog at you again next week.

One thought on “Week Ending 4/22/23

  1. I don’t live close enough to help organize your room like we use to do. I remember taking all the stuff out of the room in NY and then trying to organize it as we put the stuff back in. You know me and organization!! Hope all goes well!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s