Week Ending 4/15/23

Happy Easter……………………………………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

4/9/23 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Exercises, helped Kathy peel potatoes and slice them.  Cleaned up and out to church with Kathy.  Home and the gang came over for lunch.  Mike helped me get some antennas straightened up and Kathy and Julie went after an elliptical.  The tribe left, Kathy and I took a nap.  Up for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

4/10/23 – Monday – Up at the usual time.  Did my exercises.  Got a call from the accountant that our taxes were done.  Got cleaned up and out to PT at 12:30.  Then to the accountant’s office to pick up the taxes.  Got home around 3PM.  Did some chores then a nap till dinner time.  Up and had dinner.  Then usual evening routine.

4/11/23 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Chores around the house.  An early lunch then out to PT around noon.  Got back around 2PM.  Finished gathering things up for my presentation at the HAM club meeting tonight.  Had a light dinner then off to the HAM club meeting about 5:30.  Got back around 9PM.  Put the truck away and other things.  Otherwise, usual evening routine.

4/12/23 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time.  Did my exercises, did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the elliptical.  Got a couple calls about HAM radio and dealt with those issues.  Then upstairs for lunch.  Out to the Morton building.  Took the bed cover off the truck.  Married off the gas cans and put two in the bed of the truck.  Down to Taylorsville to ACE hardware for a latch.  Stopped on the way home and filled up the two gas cans.  Put a new chain on the chain saw and cleaned things up a little in the shop.  Over to the house and got my JPC-12 antenna out and started tuning it.  Got 5 of 7 bands done.  Upstairs for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

4/13/23 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Did my exercises and down to Taylorsville for a dentist appointment.  Stopped for some groceries then home and lunch.  Out to the Morton building and worked on cleaning up the shop and the truck.  In a little before 4PM.  Down to the shack to copy some code.  Upstairs for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

4/14/23 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Chores around the house then off to PT at noon.  Home around 2PM.  Did some computer work and reading.  Then into J-town for HAM testing.  Home about 7PM.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

4/15/23 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Some chores then outside to do the yard work.  Break for lunch and finished up around 3PM.  Inside to cool down and a short nap.  Took Kathy to Cattleman’s Roadhouse for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

The week started off with Easter on Sunday. Glad holy week is over. Kathy made scalloped potatoes and did some beans. Mike and I did Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and Brats on the grill. Kathy made an apple pie for dessert. When the eating was over, Julie, Kathy and a some kids took my truck to go after a free elliptical that Julie found online. They came back with that, we unloaded it then the Rice family departed for home. All in all a nice day.

Tuesday I got the word that the accountant was done with our taxes. So I ran over to their office after PT and payed them. Took home my copy of the paperwork. They electronically file them for me since I’m getting money back from the state and federal. So all is good on that front.

Tuesday I gave a presentation on logging programs at the HAM club meeting. Nothing specific just an overall view. Of course a short time after I started the presentation I got something caught in my throat and coughed a lot. Was so bad that tears were coming. But I got through it.

Wednesday the weather was nice and I got a chance to play with my JPC-12 antenna. It’s a portable vertical antenna that I can take anywhere I like and play radio. My initial idea is to use it to work some POTA. You have to be at a state or federal park to do that. We’ll see if I can get that accomplished this year.

Thursday I had a dentist appointment. I had cavities the last time I was there so this was to take care of the cavities. Nothing big.

Friday evening at 5:30 I went into J-town to help with HAM testing. No one showed up so three of us set around and chatted for about 1/2 hour.

Saturday we did the yard work. It wasn’t too bad a job and the weather was great. Not too hot but very comfortable. We started around 11AM, took a break about 12:30 for lunch and finished up around 3:00PM. I have been hurting ever since. Hope the gal at PT can straighten me out tomorrow.

I guess things were not too exciting this week. It was quick. As always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way and I’ll blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s