Week Ending 12/9/17

A very busy week so hang on, this could be a long one………………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

12/3/17 – Sunday – Up, over to pickup Gary and to church. Home and another bagel and cup of coffee. Then a nap till Kathy had lunch ready. Then to my room for computer work. Over to Gary’s for the afternoon get together. Home and more computer work. Kathy came home and we had dinner. Then to bed, some more computer work, Big Bang to sleep.

12/4/17 – Monday – Up and and ready for doctor’s appointment. Went down stairs to get my check book and found water all over the floor at the end of the hallway and in the downstairs bathroom. We mopped up most of it and out by shortly after 7AM to see the back doctor. They took xrays and the doctor said that things are status quo and it looks like the inflammation is back. So, he prescribed the series of shots in the back and physical therapy. Stopped at Bob Evans for brunch the to the bank and home. Finished cleaning things up from the flooding. Then attempted to find the source of the problem with no success. No water since we cleaned it up. Took a short nap while Kathy ran to the grocery store. Then up and out on the motorcycle to Lowes to pick up a water alarm. Home and found no batteries for it. So, got dressed again and took the car out for batteries and picked up dinner at McDonalds. Kathy has her woman’s group meeting so she was leaving. To my room and set the water alarm. Chatted with the guys on the radio. To bed, some computer work and sleep.

12/5/17 – Tuesday – Up and found water in the downstairs bathroom. Of course I set the water alarm in the store room by the water tank. Still can’t figure out where it’s coming from. Worked on my microphone project and resolved the keying issue. Got it grounded and interconnected to all the radios. Everything seems to work. Only thing left is testing it with full RF output on the Kenwood. Get cleaned up and over to Olive Garden at 5:30 PM to celebrate Shelby’s birthday. Then over to their house to have cake and open presents. Home, still no water, to bed, some computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

12/6/17 – Wednesday – Up and out for my hair cut. Then to KORT physical therapy to look around. Nice place so I made an appointment to start Friday at 8 AM. Then home and checked out the noise the Chrysler is making. Found the power steering reservoir almost completely empty. And of course I didn’t have any fluid. So, went to the house and got Kathy. Went to Hometown pizza for the lunch buffet, a quick stop at Country Mart then home. Put fluid in the reservoir on the Chrysler that is now parked in the Morton building and blocked by a truck from the tree guys. Back to the house and got a call from Julie. The baby sitter called out sick again. So, went to St. Patrick’s and picked up the grand children. Stopped for gas on the way home. Did home work and let them play. Then to pick up Gary and to Dare to Care. Had dinner then home. Had ice cream for desert, to bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

12/7/17 – Thursday – Up and down to my room for administrative things. Got all the bills paid. Sent emails. Worked on the boom microphone. Levels are still screwed up and I think I’m getting RF into the audio system. Help Kathy get the Christmas tree out in the family room. To bed, some computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

12/8/17 – Friday – Up early and out to physical therapy. Then up to Shelbyville road and over to Battery and Bulbs for a special battery for Kathy’s remote she uses for her Christmas lights. Then to the gun range to buy some ammo for Kathy but they were not open. So I went home. Did some computer work till Kathy got back from shopping and we sent to the Mexican restaurant for lunch. Quick stop at Country Mart, got gas and home. Put the truck away and got the Chrysler out since the tree guys are finished. Kathy started cooking for the pot luck tonight at church and I went back to work on my boom microphone. Up and had a light snack for dinner. Back down stairs an played radio and more trouble shooting. Then to bed. Did my exercises, some computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

12/9/17 – Saturday – Cleaned up my room today and helped Kathy get ready for this evening. Julie, Mike, Dee and the three grand children came over for dinner. Then had Santa Claus on the HAM radio for the grand kids. Everyone left and I helped Kathy clean up. Then to bed, some Big Bang and sleep.

Now the particulars:

Had a doctor’s appointment with the spinal surgeon first thing Monday morning.  He did Xrays and said he saw the same thing he saw two years ago just a little worse.  Nothing to get excited about.  Apparently he didn’t need a new car this year since he advised against surgery and gave me a prescription for physical therapy and made arrangements for me to get shots in my back again.  Hope this lasts another two years like it did last time.

So now the problem of finding the physical therapy.  Julie checked and the guy I liked last time is still working at Oaklawn.  I have to admit I’m a little reluctant to take advantage of them since my lawyer forced them to take a small amount of money for my last physical therapy.  And I’ve heard that the place has really gone down hill since I was there last.  So, Wednesday I went shopping for a place after I got my hair cut.  I had already ruled out the KORT facility in Taylorsville as they had no equipment.  They used the equipment in the gym next door.  I thought that was rather strange.  So I went to the next closest KORT facility (btw, KORT was who the spinal doctor recommended) on Taylorsville road just inside the Gene Snyder Freeway.  About 15 minutes from the house.  Place was clean, a lot of equipment and all female staff.  Yep, looks like my kind of place.  Made an appointment to start on Friday.

Went for my first appointment and a young lady that was a DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) did an evaluation on me.  I thought it was very thorough and I was impressed that she used a device and had a number for all the metrics.  She did some manipulation to my back and gave me some exercises to do.  Also had all my appointments mapped out for me before I left the facility.  I really felt good on the way home and found I was able to do some things pain free that I had not been able to do before going.  So, I’m very happy with all this.

Interesting that the weather was so nice here that I got out on the motorcycle on Monday and by the weekend the temperature was down in the 20s and 30s.  Guess I won’t be riding any for the next 6 weeks or so.

Had a flood in the house this week that I can’t figure out for the life of me.  Monday morning woke up early and went down stairs for my check book and found water in the utility closet and the adjacent bathroom.  Got it cleaned up and went about my business.  When I got time we went over everything by running water and watching for leaks and couldn’t find anything.  Tuesday morning woke up and went down stairs and found a puddle in the bathroom.  We cleaned that up and I got a water alarm from Lowes.  No water since Tuesday morning and no idea where it came from.

Had a growling noise from the Chrysler that we noticed Tuesday evening while out to Olive Garden for Shelby’s birthday.  Put it in the Morton building and remembered the small leak in the power steering piston.  Checked the reservoir and sure enough it was almost dry.  So, filled that to where it should be and everything is good.

Julie’s babysitter called and said she couldn’t make it again this Wednesday.  She seems to have a problem with making her commitment on Wednesdays.  Kathy was too busy so I had to go get the kids and bring them over here.  Then took them with me to pick up Gary for dinner at Dare to Care.  They wanted to stay eat so Julie took them home after that.  I think Julie is making other arrangements for after the holidays.

Last but not least, they have a Santa Net on the HAM radio in the evenings between November 24th and December 24th.  I got Carter, Chloe and Shelby registered for the first thing last night.  Shelby’s chin dropped off her chest when she heard Santa Claus on the radio.  I think all three kids enjoyed it.

OK, like I said, a busy week with a lot of stuff going on.  So that’s it for this week.  Chat with you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s