Week Ending 1/27/18

Wow, last post of January 2018, where does the time go………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

1/21/18 – Sunday – Up and over to pick up Gary for church. Dropped him off and home. Had another bagel and coffee while reading the paper. Went to take a nap. Woke up around 1PM and Kathy was still at the place she was giving blood. So I made lunch for myself and ate. Kathy came home and we chatted awhile. Then got ready and over to Gary’s house. Home and Kathy and I went out to Dairy Queen for dinner. Stopped at Country Mart for some groceries and home. Did some chores, then to my room to do the blog. To bed, computer work, some TV and sleep.

1/22/18 – Monday – Up and chores around the house this morning. Had lunch. Then to my room to catch up on things. Up and made dinner for myself. Kathy had her woman’s group meeting tonight. Then back downstairs. Chatted with the guys on the radio. Did some clean up then upstairs. To bed, snack, TV and sleep.

1/23/18 – Tuesday – Up and out to put a new battery in Gary’s Hummer. Home, put my tools away and in the house for lunch. Napped most of the afternoon and did chores around the house. Dinner, to my room to chat with the guys on the radio. To bed, snack, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

1/24/18 – Wednesday – Up early, breakfast, exercises and cleaned up. To my room for the 10AM retiree’s net. Worked on the computer, played radio and did some cleanup. Tooth bothering me enough I made an appointment with Dentist tomorrow. Over and picked up Gary for dinner at church. Home, bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

1/25/18 – Thursday – Up early, breakfast, exercises and clean up. Kathy went up to Julie and Mike’s early this morning. Julie was very sick so Kathy took her to the ER. Went to the Dentist at noon, then to CVS to get a prescription for penicillin to have in case. Then took my truck to get the salt off it. Picked up lunch and brought it home. Then to bed for a nap. Kathy came home and joined me for the nap. Up and had a light snack for dinner. Kathy went off to bell practice and I went to my room and chatted on the radio. Back upstairs. To bed, snack, computer work, TV and sleep.

1/26/18 – Friday – Up early and out to an appointment in downtown Louisville for a spinal injection. Took a Xanax to calm down. Got home and slept the rest of the day. Got up to eat and back to bed. Did manage to make it downstairs to chat on the radio with the guys. Then to bed, some computer work, TV and sleep.

1/27/18 – Saturday – Up early and did chores around the house. Had lunch and my son-in-law Mike came over. We went to the Morton building and worked on his project. Back in the house and had dinner that they got from a local take out Mexican place. They left and we cleaned up. Then to bed, some Big Bang and sleep.

Now the particular:

My tooth has been bothering me off and on.  I finally gave up and went to the dentist this week.  Bottom line he told me it was time for a root canal.  I told him it wasn’t bothering me that much yet and he agreed that it was no trouble waiting till I’m tired of it bothering me.  Gave me a prescription for  antibiotics and a referral to the guy that does the root canal.  So when it gets real bad I have the antibiotic to take and then I’ll go to the root canal guy.

Julie was very sick this week.  Had to call Kathy to come take care of the kids then got her to the local emergency room.  They ruled out a bunch of stuff and concluded it was some gastrointestinal thing.  Gave her medication to treat the symptoms till it was over.  Next day she went to work and they hauled her boss out with the same symptoms.  So apparently it is something going around the VA hospital here.

My son-in-law came over to work on his trellis project.  We are welding some rebar together to make a trellis arch approximately 10 feet high and 4 feet wide.  When it’s done he’s going to put it out in their garden and grow some kind of plant that likes to climb things like that.  Based on how he described it, it sounds like it will be nice.  Time will tell.

A real nice thing about him coming over, I explained that I needed a stand for my HAM radio mixer.  He’s going to do that for me.

We learned a lesson this week the hard way.  Last night they decided to go to the Mexican place that Kathy and I eat at a lot.  They have fantastic food.  Anyway, they got take out and it got cold by the time they got it home and we ate it.  Really tasted terrible cold.  So, word to the wise, even if the food is fantastic at a restaurant, don’t assume the take out will be as good.

Only other thing that deserves mention this week is I got my second of three spinal injections.  This was the most painful.  Not sure why but it is working well.  Hopefully by the time I get the third one I”ll be set for a year or so.  At least till Rolling Thunder is done.

OK, that’s it for this week.  Hope all had a good week and I hope you have a good week next week.  Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s