Week Ending 3/10/18

A very busy week……………………………………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

3/4/18 – Sunday – Up early, usual routine and out to pick up Gary for church. Dropped him off and back home. Changed clothes and while waiting for Mike to come over I took chains off garden tractor and took it over to the Morton building. Mike arrived and we worked on his project till a little after 1PM. Inside for lunch. Mike went home and I went back to cleanup the Morton building and do some little odd jobs. Back to the house and took a nap. Up and had dinner. Down to my room to do computer work. Upstairs and played around with guitar and went to sleep.

3/5/18 – Monday – Up and Kathy was getting ready to go pick up Shelby at school. Apparently she is sick. I did my morning routine. They came in. I went down to my room and changed our meeting at the bank tomorrow and made some other phone calls. Had lunch then back and finished cleaning things up. Had dinner, chatted with Mike and Gary. Did some computer work. Upstairs to bed, some TV and sleep.

3/6/18 – Tuesday – Up and usual morning routine. Then downstairs and made phone calls. Also gathered papers to take to the bank. Upstairs for a light lunch. Kathy went to Dulcimer practice. I went back to my room and finalized the passive input components for my audio system. Kathy came home and we headed to the bank. Took care of things there then up to Olive Garden for dinner. Home and chatted with the guys on the radio. Up to bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

3/7/18 – Wednesday – Up and usual morning routine. Downstairs to make morning retirees net on the radio. Did some paperwork and computer work. Then upstairs for lunch. Downstairs to work on audio project. Upstairs for a nap. Over to pick up Gary for dinner at church. He got dizzy while there so it took some extra work getting him home. Got home late, had dessert. To bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

3/8/18 – Thurseay – Up and usual morning routine. Then out shopping. Bearing problem in grinder so went to Harbor Freight and got a replacement. Then to Costco. Back to Taylorsville and stop at the Spencer Magnet to drop off Backpack Buddy items then back to Chinese restaurant for lunch. Then home and unloaded truck. Back down to Kroger and finished shopping. Home, unloaded truck and put it away. In the house and a little dessert then a short nap. Down to my room and did some work. Made club nets tonight. To bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

3/9/18 – Friday – Up and usual morning routine. Down to my room and worked on my audio project. Got the speaker audio mixer done now working on the peek detector. Stopped for lunch. Went to the Morton building and did some chores. The neighbor came over and we cut some wood for a project. Then in and a snack. Then off to my HAM club meeting. Home, dessert, bed, computer work, TV and sleep.

3/10/18 – Saturday – Up early, breakfast and cleaned up. Mike was over around 9. Had coffee and went to the Morton building to work on his arch. Finished shortly before lunch. Cleaned up and came inside. Had lunch, talk awhile and he took off. I did some chores around the house and took a nap. Up and emails. Kathy was shopping with Julie and came home around 5:30. We had dinner. Downstairs to my room, some computer work and research. To bed. Reading, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the particulars:

I felt rather bad for all the folks up in the northeast with all this bad weather the last week or so.  I was especially feeling bad while I was taking the chains off the lawn tractor and moving in preparation to take off the snow plow blade and put the mower deck back.  Also felt so bad I sent a picture on facebook of how lovely it was down here.  In case you missed it, I’m very happy we moved down here and don’t need to deal with that snow anymore.

On the down side this week, Gary had one of his spells where he loses his balance.  Seems he was fine till we got to the church for dinner on Wednesday night.  He said he could hardly make it to the table going in.  I had to borrow a wheel chair from the church to get him out to the car.  Then had to drive by the house here to pick up a wheel chair we have here to take along and get him into the house.  He kept it over there for the time being.  I didn’t invite him to go to the HAM club meeting this week as I didn’t know how well he was doing.  I called Thursday and he said he was OK now.  He was able to get out to his barn to talk on the radio Thursday evening.


The biggest accomplishment this week was finishing Mike’s arch.  He is going to make a walking path through a wooded area and he is planning to put this at the entrance and plant some clinging vines on each end to grow up and over it.  Should be nice if it all works out for him.  Anyway, we have been working on it several times on weekends and finally got it finished this weekend.  A lot of welding and cutting metal.

Then the boring stuff.  Had a lot of financial things to get done.  We usually get the final tax documents from our investment folks this time of year so we start gathering things up to take to the tax guy.  Hopefully this year we will have finally got all this stuff figured out and we won’t being paying a lot of taxes out of pocket.  Also got appointments made to see cardiologist for a checkup and well as get my last spinal injection for the year.

Only other things was doing a lot of shopping and Kathy was doing a lot of cleaning and cooking in preparation for Todd coming this week.  He’s suppose to be coming out on Thursday this week and going back the following Tuesday.  I will probably have many pictures for you after his visit.

OK, that’s it for now.  Will blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s