Week Ending 5/12/18

A busy week again…………………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

5/6/18 – Sunday – Up early and over to pick up Gary for church. Home, bagel, coffee and read the paper. Kathy came home and we had lunch. Went out to the Morton Building to wait for my neighbor. Need to weld a wheel back on his mower deck. He didn’t show after a 1/2 hour so I gather some things to bring back to the house. Replaced the broken lock on the back door. Then to my room and did the blog. Kathy went to see the grand kids play soccer. I went over to Gary’s for the Sunday afternoon get together. Home and cleaned my Keurig. Kathy came home and we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Home, bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

5/7/18 – Monday – Up very early and into Louisville for a 7:30AM appointment for the third shot in my back. Home and a nap. Up and had lunch. Since I have to take it easy today I went to my room to play radio. Bands not good so did some computer work and research. Kathy was out shopping and watching the AC guys at Mike and Julie’s house. She came home and we had dinner. Back downstairs and chatted with the guys on the radio. Checked 20 meters and made a couple contacts to South America. Then bed, some reading, TV, computer updates and sleep.

5/8/18 – Tuesday – Up around 5AM and put out Kathy’s birthday cards. Back to bed. Up around 9 and did my morning routine. Kathy wanted to do the lawn so we went out for gas and got Bella’s shots at the vet at the same time. Home and had lunch then out to do the lawn. Worked till 4PM and inside and cleaned up. Then out to dinner for Kathy’s birthday at the Longhorn Steakhouse. Home, bed, Big Bang, computer work and sleep.

5/9/18 – Wednesday – Up and out for my hair cut. Home and played radio awhile. Lunch and back downstairs. Did computer work awhile then upstairs to get ready to go our for dinner. Read my book awhile. Then over to pick up Gary for dinner with Mike. Went to a Mexican restaurant that Mike picked out. Home, exercise, computer work, bed, reading, Big Bang and sleep.

5/10/18 – Thursday – Up early and over to Gary’s to pick him up and take him to the PVA office. Got home a little before lunch and Kathy was out shopping. I made lunch with left over mashed potatoes, sauerkraut and Polish kielbasa. Also called the Spencer county PVA office and took care of our stuff over the phone. Kathy came home and I geared up and went out on the bike. Stopped at McDonald’s for food on the way back. Got home about the same time Kathy was leaving for bell practice. I had dinner, put my gear away and did some computer work. Met the guys on the radio. Did the tread mill. Bed, Big Bang and sleep.

5/11/18 – Friday – Kathy was up early so of course I was as well. She was going to Mike and Julie’s to let the air conditioning folks in to replace the HVAC system. I got up and did my morning routine. Went to play radio and bands where bad. So I sorted through paper work and did some reading. Made myself lunch then cleaned up and out to get the truck gassed up. Home and waited for Kathy to get home then off to the memorial service for our friend’s mother. Helped her clean up then stopped at Chinese restaurant for a light dinner. Home and put things away. Bed, computer work, some reading and sleep.

5/12/18 – Saturday – Up late. Did morning routine. Up to Harbor Freight to get my drill press that’s 20% off today. Then to Cycle Gear. Got a half helmet, eye protection and fingerless gloves to go with my leather vest. Then home. Kathy was on her way out to see Shelby play soccer. I put the sprayer on the wagon and mixed up some bug spray. Sprayed a couple trees and around the house. Cleaned up and took the motorcycle over to the house. Hoping I’ll ride it more being closer. Got cleaned up and Mike Julie and the grand kids came over to celebrate Kathy’s birthday. They left and I went downstairs and did the tread mill for 20 minutes. Then to bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics (Hold on, this might be long):

I guess the most important event his week was Kathy’s birthday on Tuesday.  I was proud of myself getting her cards the week before.  I had them out at her place at the table Tuesday morning before she got up.  After we got moving around I asked her what she wanted to do and she said she wanted to get the lawn mowed and cleaned up.  So that’s what we did.  Before starting I took the gas cans in the truck along with Bella and went over to Elk Creek.  Kathy got Bella shots while I got gas.  Back to the house and a bite to eat then started the lawn.  Spent about 4 hours then inside, cleaned up and she wanted to go to the Longhorn Steakhouse.  So that was her day.  Of course at the end of the day she let me know a cake would have been nice.  I never thought of it.  Oh well.

Finished up with the shots in my back, finally.  The last one was postponed twice while I took care of the infected tooth.  But all done now. 🙂

A friend of Mike and Julie’s we got to know down here is single and has been having issues with her mother.  Her mother had multiple problems and was not doing well.  They had to move her to an advanced care facility many months ago and this week she passed away.  She asked Julie to help with the refreshments at the memorial service so of course Kathy and I chipped in as well.  The memorial was Friday evening and lasted from 4PM to 8PM.  So we were there between 3 and 3:30PM to set up then helped clean  up after things were over at 8PM.  Not what I would consider a great night out but felt good that we were helping out our friend.

I have read many articles about how the Keurig is not a healthy thing to use.  Claims of things growing inside, etc.  Well, I got a hair up my ass this week and decided to clean mine as it has been many months since I “Descaled” it.  That involves a process of soaking the insides with vinegar and letting it set 20 to 30 minutes then flushing it out.  While that was happening I took the reservoir off and started to clean it.  I noticed something green at the bottom and sure enough, I had some algae growing in the reservoir.  I guess the articles have some basis and I should clean the thing more often.

I’ve been trying to get out on the motorcycle more now that the weather is nice.  Can’t tell how much longer I can ride.  I blew off Rolling Thunder this year as I felt uncomfortable with all my health issues going on this year.  As of now I feel good so I plan to get out as often as possible.  Still no motorcycle mama.  But I did stop at Cycle Gear this week and bought a half helmet, eye protection to wear with it and some fingerless gloves.  I brought the motorcycle up and put it in the garage at the house.  I’m hoping that with it being closer and having gear that takes less time to put on (and of course isn’t as safe) I will be more motivated to take the motorcycle for short trips around here.  We’ll see how it goes.  If nothing improves I’ll just move it back to the Morton building.

OK, I think that is more than enough this week.  Have a great week and I’ll blog at you again next week.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s