Week Ending 9/22/18

Another rather busy week………………………………………

As always, first the chronology:

9/16/18 – Sunday – Up at usual time and usual routine. Didn’t go to church today. Did some chores around the house then went downstairs to do my blog. Played radio awhile. Kathy called and was stopping for cold meat on the way home. I got cleaned up. She arrived and we had lunch. Then off to the physical therapy facility to see Gary. Stayed till almost 4PM. Came home and started cleaning up my room. Had dinner. Back downstairs for more cleaning. Then to bed, reading and sleep.

9/17/18 – Monday – Up a little late today and usual morning routine. Did chores around the house then downstairs to play radio and do some research. Up around lunch time, cleaned up then over to see Gary at the physical therapy facility. Hung out with him till around 3PM. Home and had dinner. Then back downstairs to play radio and chat with Mike on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, some reading, computer updates, TV and sleep.

9/18/18 – Tuesday – Up at usual time and usual morning routine. Spent most of the day on chores around the house. Had lunch then cleaned up and over to break Gary out of the PT facility. Took him over to his house so he and his wife could spend some time. Then took him back to the facility. Then home and dinner. Downstairs to check emails and chat with Mike on 2 meters. Then upstairs and to bed. Reading, Big Bang and sleep.

9/19/18 – Wednesday – Up very early. Probably because I went to bed so early last night. The usual morning routine then downstairs and started cleaning things up. Put the O-Scope together that I bought at the Hamfest. Tried making the retiree’s net at 10AM but had too much interference. Went out on a motorcycle ride. Got home in time for lunch. Back downstairs and worked on cleaning things up. Knocked off around 4 and out to pick up Gary at the PT facility. Then to the church for dinner. Took Gary back to facility and came home. Had a dish of ice cream. Played radio. Upstairs to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

9/20/18 – Thursday – Up at usual time and usual morning routine. Cleaned up and out on the motorcycle to get my hair cut. Got gas then home for lunch. Some chores after lunch then on the bike and over to the PT facility to see Gary awhile. Back home and continued the cleanup efforts in my room and helping Kathy with household things. Had a late dinner, to bed, Big Bang, computer updates and sleep.

9/21/18 – Friday – Up at usual time and usual morning routine. Continued cleaning and helping Kathy get ready for Todd’s arrival this Sunday. Got a call from my Son-in-law Mike. He want’s to borrow my riding mower tomorrow. So, I loaded it on the trailer and hitched it to the truck. We went to Sho-guns for dinner with Mike, Julie and the kids. Home, computer work and trouble shooting internet and phone problems. Upstairs to bed and sleep.

9/22/18 – Saturday – Up at usual time and usual morning routine. Dressed and out with the truck, trailer and riding mower to go up to Mike and Julie’s. Off loaded the mower and disconnected the trailer. Mike mowed the lawn while Kathy and Julie loaded stuff in the truck for Goodwill. When they came back I hitched the trailer and loaded the riding mower. We had lunch there then started home. Had to stop at Walmart for groceries and CVS for medication. Home and unloaded everything. Kathy started baking, I went downstairs and checked emails. Then vacuumed the family room for Kathy. Upstairs for dinner. Back downstairs for computer updates and to play a little radio. Back upstairs to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics:

Since Todd is coming to visit next week it was a week of spit shinning the house.  I helped Kathy as much as possible.  Mostly with the downstairs.  My room is probably the most difficult so I did that.  The kitchenette, bathroom, hallway and family room were just a continuation.  But it’s all clean now and I’m not ashamed for anyone to see it.

Gary is doing amazingly well.  I spent a couple days with him this week.  Broke him out of the facility twice.  Once to take him over to his house to look around and spend time with his wife.  The other was to go to the church for the dare to care meal on Wednesday evening.  I think he enjoyed and appreciated both outings.  He told me they are aiming at Wednesday this coming week for him to be out of there.  We’ll see how that goes.

Weather was cooperative and the timing right to get out on the motorcycle a couple days this week.  Put a little more than 50 mile on both days I was out.  Just rode around the county on Wednesday and rode it to get my hair cut and to visit Gary on Thursday.  As always a good time.

We have had more problems with Spectrum this week than we have since we got here.  It started with an occasional internet outage.  Then Saturday night we lost both the internet and phone service.  I dumped the modem logs and it looks like a problem establishing the uplink.  I called their service group and found it very frustrating talking to a guy that knows nothing except how to read instructions off a card index.  But I followed the procedures and as luck would have it, part way through the service came back up so the guy on the line was convinced he fixed the problem.  I’m guessing it’s something that is slowly going bad and is just intermittent.  I’ll keep an eye on the modem logs for awhile.  If it runs clean for a week I’ll be convinced it’s fixed.

Well that is about all the excitement for the week.  Todd is scheduled to arrive today around 3PM.  He’ll be staying a little over a week.  It will be good to see him.

OK, that’s enough for this week. I’m sure I’ll have much more to tell you next week.  Bye for now.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s