Week Ending 5/4/19

An interesting week…………………………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

4/28/19 – Sunday – Up early and took Gary to church. Home and did the blog. Lunch then out to put up the new mail box. Cleaned things up and in for a short nap. Then to Gary’s for the afternoon get together. Home, dinner and to my room to play with some equipment. Computer updates, bed, TV and sleep.

4/29/19 – Monday – Up and out to the auto dealer to get the last two recalls done on the Pontiac Vibe. Took till noon. Started home, stopped to pick up McDonald’s on the way. Had lunch then did some computer work. Took a nap till Dinner time. Took Kathy out for Chinese but they are closed on Monday so we went next door to the Mexican restaurant. Home and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. More computer work. Chores, to bed, computer updates and TV then sleep.

4/30/19 – Tuesday – Up and out to mow the lawn. Worked on things outside till a little before 4PM. Inside and cleaned up. Dinner. Down to my room to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Computer updates. Upstairs, to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

5/1/19 – Wednesday – Up and out to the dentist. Picked up goodies for the office staff on the way. Then some grocery shopping and home. Did computer work till Kathy got home then took her out to the new restaurant in town for lunch. Home and played radio. Went to pick up Gary and to the Cattleman’s for dinner. This was Mike’s birthday so we had a little celebration. Home, computer updates. Dessert, bed, Big Bang and sleep.

5/2/19 – Thursday – Up and out for hair cut. Home and got tools then to bank and Lowes. Then over to my son-in-law’s to put in new receptacles for him. Home and took the wife out for dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Home and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Computer updates. Bed, Big Bang and sleep.

5/3/19 – Friday – Up late. Kathy was out early to go watch grand kids. Today is Oaks Day at Church Hill Downs so all the schools are off. I made a beautiful bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on a deli roll that Kathy got at Walmart. Very good. Did some computer work and made some calls. Then out to get gas in the car than picked up cards for Mother’s Day and birthdays. Back and to the Morton building to work on things. Inside and waited for Kathy then had dinner. Downstairs and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Computer updates and some other computer things. To bed, Big Bang and sleep.

5/4/19 – Saturday – Up early, big breakfast and cleaned up, some chores. Then downstairs to work the 7QP contest. Spent most of the day on the air. Had enough by 7PM. Did computer updates and to bed, TV and sleep.

Now the particulars:

Last week I told you about the pickup hitting and destroying our mail box.  I was envisioning having a rough time pulling out the old wood and busting up concrete to redo everything.  Much to my surprise it just took a little persuasion with the sledge hammer to set the post back upright.  Then put the new mail box over it and screwed it in place.  A very easy job.

I took the Pontiac Vibe back to the dealer to get the last of the recalls done.  That took an entire morning.  But everything is finished now and it’s sitting available for anyone to use if they need an extra car.  I think it’s amazing that within weeks of acquiring the vehicle I was getting notices in the mail that the warranty is expired and trying to sell me a new warranty.

I told you the story about my tooth last week and I was back to the dentist this week to have it checked.  Everything appears good so I continue with the antibiotics till they are done and it should be all over.  I hope.

A new restaurant opened close to us.  It is in the same location that several other people have tried.  These folks are doing it right in my opinion.  They are open for lunch and dinner and have a much wider selection of food.  Kathy and I tried it for lunch this week and we were very pleased.  It’s nice having a place close that we can run out for a quick bite to eat rather than travel to Taylorsville all the time.

My HAM friend Mike had a birthday this Wednesday so Gary and I took him to Cattleman’s Roadhouse to celebrate.  I got him a cake and we tried to decorate it with some HAM things but didn’t do very well.  Anyway, I think he was very pleased.

Spent the afternoon over at my daughter’s place doing some electrical work this week.  It’s much better for me when there is no one home.  I can do things and not have to worry about someone getting into it while I’m working on it.

Yesterday was rainy and miserable outside so I spent most of the day on the radio.  There were a bunch of contests going on so I participated in one of those.  Only did 500 points but at least I gave the folks some contacts in Kentucky.

OK, that’s it for this week.  Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s