Week Ending 11/2/19

A very busy week, this may be a long one……………………..

As always, first the chronology:

10/27/19 – Sunday – Up early and breakfast and chat with Stan. Kathy went to church. When she got back we had burgers on the grill. After lunch Stan went out to the Morton building and started working on getting the RV ready for tomorrow. I did the blog and went out and helped. Kathy went to Mike and Julie’s to do pumpkins with the grandchildren. She came back and rode the Segway awhile. Then out to Hometown for dinner. Home and pie for dessert. Bed, Big Bang, computer updates and sleep.

10/28/19 – Monday – Up very early, breakfast and chat with Stan. Out and helped him finish up getting ready to leave. He was on the road by 8:30AM. I didn’t sleep well last night so I came back in and took a nap. Up and lunch. Downstairs and some computer work. The wireless access point came and I worked with it awhile. Kathy came home from her woman’s group meeting. Had dinner then downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

10/29/19 – Tuesday – Up at usual time and usual morning routine. Downstairs and started making phone calls. Paying bills, scheduling appointments, Etc. Then took the Chrysler down to the auto shop and the Chinese restaurant for lunch. Home and started work outside. Came in around 4PM. Chatted then dinner around 5:30PM. Downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, Big Bang, computer updates and research and sleep.

10/30/19 – Wednesday – Up at usual time and usual morning routine. Out to pay the property taxes at the Sheriff’s office then to Kroger for Kathy’s pills. Home and picked Kathy up for lunch at the Hillview Diner. Back home to work on my garage door opener project. Knocked off and out at 4:30 to pick up Gary for dinner at Bob Evans with Mike. Home, dessert, bed, TV, computer updates and research, Big Bang and sleep.

10/31/19 – Thursday – Up a little early and usual morning routine. Out for a hair cut. Home and chores around the house. Lunch. Internet was down, further investigation all cable services were down. Trouble call to Spectrum. Did some cleaning up in my room and played radio. Took a nap. Up and dinner. Downstairs and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Computer work. Upstairs, bed, reading and sleep.

11/01/19 – Friday – Got woke by text messages this morning between my son-in-law and wife. I gave up and got up. Had the usual morning routine. Then spent time refreshing myself on HTML. Kathy went shopping. Had a late lunch after she got home. Then she took off to watch the grandchildren. I went to work putting things away in the Morton Building. Moved my motorcycle over. Came in and cleaned up my motorcycle gear. Kathy came home and we had dinner. Down to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Up and put some winter clothes in my closet and put summer clothes out for storage. Bed, computer update, TV and sleep.

11/02/19 – Saturday – Up at usual time and usual morning routine. Spent the morning on chores and putting away summer clothes and getting out winter clothes. Lunch then downstairs to work on Arduino project. Dinner, more work on Arduino. Computer updates, bed, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the particulars:

Welcome to November.  Temperatures finally got down like it’s really winter here.  Kathy wants the grass mowed one more time this year so I guess I’ll do that this week.  Then the mower deck will come off and the plow blade will go on.  Probably need to do routine maintenance on the tractor then move it up to the house in preparation for any snow we might get.

Our friend Stan moved out on Monday.  It was great having him.  He’s already making plans for next year.  He stopped over in Jacksonville, FL to visit some folks then moved on to his winter parking place in Florida City, FL.  He got in there Friday.  Only point of failure was the water pump.  But he has a lot of time to get that and replace it before next year’s trip.

Spent a lot of time this week getting winter clothes out and doing the sorting, freshen up and putting them away.  At the same time boxed up a bunch of summer clothes and put them away for a few months.

Tis the property tax season in Kentucky.  The bank pays the taxes on our house and associated property but I have to pay them on the property we acquired a couple years ago.  Not a lot of money but wanted to pay them while the discounts were in effect.

Took the Chrysler down to the shop for them to diagnose the cooling system problem.  Initially they said it was the radiator.  It had a pin hair leak that showed up when under pressure testing.  Then they found a bad relay on the cooling fans that was not working properly.  They also found the air conditioning system compressor was making noise.  So, I decided to do the work.  I like the car.  But I can’t continue to put more money in it.  I think the next major work will finish it off.

Called a company to come look at the bay door on the Morton building.  It makes a sharp noise when the trolley goes over the screw junction when you open it.  They sent a salesman disguised as a service technician.  He went over everything and told me I needed a new door to the tune of $3500 and a new opener to the tune of $450.  I played the game for awhile and of course was offered the option of letting him call to see if there was any “wiggle” room that might save me money.  I just thanked him for his time and I’ll get some other opinions before I spend that kind of money.

Part of putting summer things away was putting the pool stuff in it’s final storage spot for the winter and moving the motorcycle from the house over to the Morton building.  If I get a chance to ride it anymore this year I’ll have to bundle up good and walk over to get it.  No big thing.

I’ve had more than my share of ups and downs with the garage door opener project.  I won’t bore you with all the details but the challenges continue and jump all over the place.  I’ll keep you posted on that as meaningful developments occur.

That’s about it for this week.  We are planning for our long day this coming Tuesday.   We will be up and out in time to be at the polls by 5AM and stay till they close and all the work is finalized.  That’s usually around 7PM as the polls close here in Kentucky at 6PM.

Hope all is well with everyone and have a great week to come.  Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s