Week Ending 1/11/2020

A very busy week…………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

01/05/20 – Sunday – Up a little late. Usual morning routine. Kathy was already out to church. She came home, changed clothes and out to shop with Julie. I did the blog and some computer work. Then cleaned up and out for the afternoon get together at Gary’s. Home then Kathy and I went out to dinner with Mike, Julie and the grand children. Home, bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

01/06/20 – Monday – Up early, usual morning routine and out for a dentist appointment. Ran errands and got back to the house a little after 12 noon. Had a light lunch. Tried to take a nap to no avail. Played radio and worked on Gary’s project. Kathy was up and out early to babysit the grand kids. Last day for that as they go back to school tomorrow. Kathy came home, had dinner. Downstairs and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Computer updates. To bed, TV and sleep.

01/07/20 – Tuesday – Up early and usual morning routine. Kathy was already up and out to pick up Chloe who is home sick. Cleaned up and out to J-town to pick up an apron that Kathy had embroidered and to the computer outlet store. Home, chores and had lunch. Downstairs, played radio and did some computer work. Upstairs for a nap. Then out for dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Home and some clean up. Bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

01/08/20 – Wednesday – Up early and usual morning routine. Downstair to play radio and made a contact to Croatia. My friend Mike called on the radio and was on his way to the auto repair shop. I went down to meet him and brought him back to the house for coffee and to play radio. Julie called and wanted me to bring her lunch at the hospital Chloe was in. So Mike and I went to lunch at the Mexican restaurant then picked up food at Chinese restaurant. Dropped Mike off at the auto repair shop and went into Louisville to Norton’s childrens hospital. Dropped off food to Julie and spent time with Chloe. Home and took a nap. Up and had dinner. Downstairs to chat with Gary on 2 meters. Upstairs to bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

01/09/20 – Thursday – Up a little late. Didn’t sleep well last night. Stomach was complaining about the Mexican. Kathy was up and out early to watch Chloe. I got cleaned up as they were suppose to come over here but that didn’t happen. Worked on Gary’s computer most of the day. Kathy came home and we had burgers on the grill for supper. Downstairs and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. More work on Gary’s computer. Bed, Big Bang and sleep.

01/10/20 – Friday – Up early, usual morning routine and cleaned up. Kathy was already out to watch two of the grand children for the day. Over to the garage to pick up my friend Mike who is having work on his car today. Back to the house and coffee. Out to the range to do some shooting. Back to the house to drop off guns and have another coffee. Then to Hometown pizza for lunch. Stopped at Country Mart for some milk. Home and some chat. Took Mike back to the garage to pick up his car. Back to the house and a nap. Kathy came home. Unloaded groceries and had had dinner. Downstairs to clean guns and chat with the guys on 2 meters. Up to bed, TV and sleep.

1/11/20 – Saturday – Up early, usual morning routine and out to Mike and Julie’s house. Picked up Mike and out for breakfast. Back and finished up most of the electrical work for the current project at his house. Got a computer up and running for Julie and got measurements for bracket in the garage. Home, light lunch and nap. Up and chores. Dinner then downstairs and chatted with my friend Mike on 2 meters. More chores around the house. Bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

Now the specifics:

The most significant thing this week was Chloe having some health issues.  I guess I can blame myself.  On Monday Kathy watched the grandchildren as it was there last day off for the Christmas and New Year’s holiday.  I mentioned this would be the last for awhile.  That night Chloe was complaining of abdominal pain so Julie took her to the emergency room.  They did an X-ray and discovered she had a couple places in her bowl that was rather full.  So, she was kept home Tuesday and Kathy watched her.  The poor girl was given enemas and laxatives all day with little relief.  So Julie took her back to the emergency room Tuesday evening and they sent her to Norton Children’s Hospital to be admitted.  Sometime early Wednesday morning they put a tube down her nose and through her stomach to put a softening substance in her bowl from the top.  She had to stay in the hospital till everything was clear.  She got discharged late Wednesday and is back home.  However, the laxatives are still going as they claim her bowl was stretched and they want to keep things fluid till that goes back to it’s normal size.

So, Kathy had all three grandchildren Monday. Tuesday she had Chloe over here.  Then Chloe again on Thursday, and both Chloe and Shelby on Friday.  She has had her time with the grandchildren this week.  I think she is ready for a break.

As a result I was relegated to doing a lot of the domestic chores that needed done while Kathy was busy elsewhere.

An interesting part of the Chloe thing was my trying to help.  In the past when they stayed over at our house it was not unusual for me to be walking through the house and find the girls changing clothes or getting into their pajamas with their bare asses up in the air.  I would yell at them and tell them that grandpa didn’t need to see that.  Of course they laughed it off and did whatever they liked.  Now on Wednesday I went into the hospital to take Julie some food as there was nothing there to eat and to watch Chloe awhile to give Julie a break.  Well Chloe didn’t want any part of that.  She didn’t want grandpa to see her bare butt.  I think that is good but also thought it was cute.

I was very impressed with the security at the children’s hospital.  When I went in I was first met with a security type person behind a desk that wanted to know who I was there to see.  Then my name had to be on the visitor’s list for that patient.  I had to show a picture ID then they took my picture for the computer and had me fill out a questionnaire about my health.  I guess so I wasn’t a risk to the health of any patients.  Then I was given a wrist band that identified where I was allowed to be.  The second security person was located in the elevator lobby and if you didn’t have a wrist band you didn’t go any further.  I was very impressed.

On another front, I had a dentist appointment Monday.  He found two little cavities.  Said he normally wouldn’t worry about them but in my case they would be large holes in the next 6 months so I made an appointment to get them taken care of later this month.

Monday evening this week I got Kathy to take my picture with a digital camera.  I edited it and submitted it with my $50 to the Kentucky State Police to get my concealed carry permit renewed.  Next morning I checked my email and it had been processed by 8:15AM and I got the paperwork to go to the Sheriff’s office to pick it up.  Now that is fast turn around.

Kentucky now has a constitutional carry law  in effect.  So anyone can carry a concealed weapon anywhere it’s legal.  What people don’t understand is that states with reciprocity with Kentucky still require that piece of paper.  Since we will be doing some traveling this year I want to make sure I’m covered.

OK, that’s it for now.  Sorry it was so long.  Hope this finds everyone well.  Have a great week to come and I’ll blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s