Week Ending 1/18/2020

An interesting week………………………………………

As always, first the chronology:

1/12/20 – Sunday – Up a little late this morning and usual morning routine. Downstairs to do the blog. Kathy came home and we had lunch. Kathy went up to help Julie with some things. I found the bug in Gary’s computer. Spent awhile doing a fresh boot and starting to make things elegant. Stopped and got cleaned up and over to Gary’s for the afternoon get together. Back home and work on the computer awhile. Kathy got back from Julie’s and we had dinner. Back downstairs and finished up Gary’s computer. Did the computer updates. Upstairs to bed, TV and sleep.

1/13/20 – Monday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Kathy was up early and out for jury duty. I got cleaned up and over to Gary’s with his computer. Things did not go well as I expected. Quit about noon and headed home. Had a light lunch. Did chores around the house and took a nap. Dinner and downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. To my surprise found that Gary had called Mike over to screw with the remote system. Absolutely no respect or consideration for anyone else. Upstairs and got some summer stuff out for our trip to Florida. Back downstairs for some computer updates and to play radio. Upstairs to bed, TV and sleep.

1/14/20 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Cleaned up, played radio and out to the Morton Building to look up some part numbers. Out shopping then a stop at Olive Garden for soup and salad. Stopped at Costco then home. Unloaded things and over to Gary’s. Worked awhile over there, back home, dinner, downstairs to chat on 2 meters. Computer work. Upstairs, bed, TV and sleep.

1/15/20 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Checked the radio and bands where relatively dead. Did make a contact to Nova Scotia and checked into the ECARS net. Then carried things from the house out to the Morton Building. Inside and had lunch. Back out and started working on things. Worked till around 4PM. Inside, short nap and dinner. Downstairs to chat with Gary on 2 meters. Bands are still dead. Did some things around the shack and upstairs to bed. Computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

1/16/20 – Thursday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Cleaned up and out for a hair cut then down to the Sheriff’s office to pick up my new CCDW permit. Home and picked up Kathy and out to Cattleman’s Steak House for lunch. Home, played radio and did some computer work. Kathy went out to take Chloe for a test and go to bell practice at church. I made dinner, chatted with the guys on 2 meters then worked the tread mill for 20 minutes. Did laundry in between. Then bed, TV, computer work and sleep.

1/17/20 – Friday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Chores, cleaned up and out for a physical therapy appointment at 11AM. No script so appointment was cancelled. Home and picked up Kathy and out for errands and lunch at Home Run burgers. Home and started the heaters in the Morton Building. To the house, changed clothes and back out to the Morton Building. Finished up some maintenance things and fixed tire pressure issue with Chrysler. In to the house and had dinner. Downstairs and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Did the tread mill for 20 minutes. Upstairs and a couple mandrine oranges for dessert. Bed, computer updates, TV and sleep.

1/18/20 – Saturday – Up early and usual morning routine. Out to Gary’s to work with Mike on Gary’s remote setup. Came home at noon and had lunch. Bands were crowded with a QSO contest so did some chores then down for nap. Up and dinner. Downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Did some maintenance around the shack then upstairs to bed. Computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics:

Gary’s remote system is still driving me up the wall.  Everything is used and antiquated so there’s little point of reference in dealing with issues.  Only method of trouble shooting is substitution and that’s not always productive.  Anyway, I suggested to Gary that I would get Mike involved because it looks like the problem is in the windows side of things.  Gary takes it upon himself to call Mike and of course  Mike rushed right over to fix things.  Except he didn’t have any better luck than I did.  The whole thing pisses me off.  But for some reason I can’t just walk away.  I will get it working then be done with it.  Never, ever, ever to lift a finger for Gary again.  It’s not worth it.

I got a lot of work done in the Morton building this week.  I love working out there as the work I do is with my hands and you can see the results.  I got both lawn mowers finished with their annual maintenance.  Was even luck enough to get the blades on both sharpened.  Usually Kathy has the one she uses beat to badly to sharpen.  I ordered a new mulching blade for it anyway.  Next year I might not be so lucky.  Also got the oil leak fixed on the portable generator.  Looked that over and it doesn’t appear to need any maintenance as it hasn’t been run much this last year.  Also got the air pressure issue with tires resolved on the Chrysler.

Had a very nice experience this week.  Kathy and I went shopping at Costco. A salesman was there selling Yamaha electronic pianos.  I have never seen an electronic grand piano before so needless to say it caught my eye.  The electronics were amazing and he let me sit down and play.  So I started with The Lord’s Prayer that I play a lot at home.  I didn’t realize it but a lot of people stopped and listened as I played.  After I got up 3 people thanked me for sharing my talents.  That was an amazing feeling.  But I still can’t justify the $6000 for the instrument.  I’ll just stick with my $1000 Korg.

Ever since I used KORT Physical Therapy I have been getting emails about how happy they would be to help me if I ever had any aches or pains.  Well my right upper arm and shoulder have been bothering me on occasion so I thought I would call them and have it checked.  My appointment was this past Friday and after I got there they wanted a script from my doctor.  I hadn’t heard anything about that before.  Well they called and of course he’s off on Fridays.  So, they tell me I have to go see my doctor and get the script before they could do anything.  I questioned the issue of the emails I had gotten from them and they admitted it was confusing and miss-leading.  Anyway, nothing lost but some time.  So I’ll go see my principle care provider Wednesday and hopefully get back to physical therapy this coming Friday.

For some stupid reason (Actually it was because I couldn’t get some of my pants buttoned) I got on the scales this week and I was up to 258lb.  I normally run 250 which is still too much.  So, I started a determined effort to do something about it.  I have been cutting back on the amount I eat and trying to cut out the munchies in the evening.  I’ve even been on the tread mill a couple times.  It’s not bad when you have something worth while to watch on TV and I found a good war series called The Pacific.  Excellent series if you are into WW2 historically accurate movies.  Anyway, my weight is now down to 254.5 so I am making slow progress.  I’ll keep at it.

Don’t forget to turn your TV off tonight at 8PM.   The SAG Awards will be on.  One of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard of.  A bunch of actors getting together for a large gala to decide between themselves who is the most wonderful.  And of course it gives everyone the chance to dress up in super expensive and ridiculous outfits to try and be a little better than the next person.  And unfortunately gives them all the opportunity to get on stage and bash whom ever they feel like.  Usually it is our President.  Unfortunately a lot of these people have little to no respect for themselves let alone anyone else.  Needless to say, I’ll be watching more episodes of The Pacific and will certainly not be watching the SAG awards.

OK, sorry for being so long winded this week.  Hope all is well with everyone and blog at you again next week.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s