Week Ending 6/27/2020

An exhausting week……………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

6/21/20 – Sunday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Out to do yard work. Worked till around 12:30 and it started to rain. Got enough done to consider it done for the week. Got dried off and cleaned up. Had lunch. Downstairs to work on the FT-736. Resolved one issue still have the memory issue to resolve. Kathy decided she was going to take me out for Father’s Day so we went to the Mexican restaurant for dinner. Back and worked through schematics. Computer updates. Upstairs, to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

6/22/20 – Monday – Up a little early today and usual morning routine. Kathy was up and out early to watch the grandchildren. Downstairs and started putting a book together for the radio I ordered and that will be delivered tomorrow. Then did some administrative stuff to put bring ups in my calendar as reminders to clean the effluent filter on the septic system and lubricate the garage doors. Made some phone calls and upstairs for lunch. Back downstairs and worked on the 736 that was not working correctly. Fixed it. Reloaded the memory in it. Then upstairs to wait for Kathy. Down and picked up dinner at the Moby Dick’s fish place. Ate and outside for a few chores. Downstairs and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Computer updates. Upstairs for dessert, get things ready for tomorrow, bed and sleep.

6/23/20 – Tuesday – Up early, very early. We were up at 3AM and on the rode to the polling place by 4:30AM. Arrived at the polls a little before 5AM and spent the day and didn’t get out till almost 7PM. Had to take the stuff to the County Clerks office then a stop at Hometown Pizza for dinner. Home, got comfortable, cleaned things up, did computer updates. Upstairs to bed, Big Bang and sleep.

6/24/20 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Got cleaned up and took Kathy down to Daugherty’s to pick up the Vibe. Julie left it there when she picked up her car. Went for my haircut. Home and picked up Kathy. Shopping at Lowes and Walmart. Home a few chores and a nap. Up and did more chores then dinner. Downstairs to chat with the guys on 2 meters. Fixed my UTC clock and fired up the new radio. Upstairs, chores, bed, Big Bang and sleep.

6/25/20 – Thursday – Up a little early this morning and usual morning routine. Got cleaned up and out on the motorcycle to take it to the dealership for it’s annual maintenance. Got gas on the way home and got home a little after 1PM. Dressed down and had a light lunch. Downstairs to play with my new radio. Kathy was napping and got up so I went upstairs for my nap. Up and had dinner. Downstairs and chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Computer updates. Upstairs, dessert, some domestic chores, bed, Big Bang and sleep.

6/26/20 – Friday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Out to the Morton building and got Shelby’s table ready for paint. Put the paint on the lower part. Did some additional chores then in for lunch. Did some more learning on my new radio. Then upstairs for a nap till dinner time. Had dinner then downstairs to chat with Gary on 2 meters. Upstairs for dessert. To bed, computer updates. Watched ‘In Harms Way’ on Pluto on demand. Then sleep.

6/27/20 – Saturday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Downstairs and some of the shelves came off the wall in my room. Spent the day patching holes and putting the shelves back up. Went through all the stuff that was on the shelves and got rid of a lot and put the rest back on the shelves. Kathy went up to Julie’s to help color her hair. She came home and we had dinner. I chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Upstairs, dessert, bed, computer work, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics:

Sunday was father’s day and I got treated to Mexican food.  Had a good day.

Worked on my old FT-736 radio this week and got the memory issues resolved.  A 39 cent diode and new memory battery and all is good.  Of course I didn’t send the new radio back.  It was suppose to be here Tuesday but got delayed a day.  Got it Wednesday and spent a lot of time this week playing with it and learning all the controls.  Haven’t decided what I’m going to do with it yet.  One step at a time.

Tuesday was primary election day here.  Kathy and I were up at 3AM and on our way to the polling location at 4;30.  Got there a little before 5AM and worked till about 6:45PM.  Then had to take things down to the County Clerks office.  Got to Hometown Pizza a little after 7PM for dinner.  A long and very frustrating day.  I hope I forget all this by November or I certainly won’t doing it again then.

Julie brought her car over last Thursday and dropped it off and picked up the Vibe.  She had it scheduled for maintenance at Daugherty’s in Taylorsville on Monday.  So Kathy and I took it down last Friday.  The car was finished up this Tuesday so Julie came over to check on the dog, drove the Vibe to Daugherty’s and picked up her car.  So on Wednesday, Kathy and I went to Daugherty’s and retrieved the Vibe.

After I dropped Kathy off to pick up the Vibe I went to get my haircut.  Still wearing masks and playing that stupid game.  I have another haircut coming up the week after next.  I suspect they will do away with the masks by then.  At least I hope.

Had the motorcycle scheduled for it’s annual maintenance last Thursday.  Was a beautiful day.  Rode it in to Louisville and waited for it to be done.  Only had to have oil and oil filter changed this year.  That was good as I didn’t want Kathy driving in to Louisville with all the demonstrations that were going on.  I carried my Beretta and was very careful where I went.  Once in the dealership I didn’t come out again till I was ready to come home.  Didn’t have any problems but saw remnants of things that were burned and of course bricks all over the place that were obviously not suppose to be there.  Very troubling times.

It doesn’t look like a hell of a lot got done but Tuesday wore me out.  I am still recovering and don’t feel good.  Beside the long hours, the job is very stressful as everything has to add up at the end of the day.  And I could write an epitaph on the stupidity of people.  They just don’t understand the simple basics like this is a primary election and you can only vote for the people running in the party you are registered in.  Don’t get me started on the rest.  Hopefully things will calm down and get back to normal here soon.

Well that it for this week.  Hope this finds everyone well.  Stay safe and healthy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s