Week Ending 9/12/2020

A very strenuous week……………………………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

9/6/20 – Sunday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Kathy went to church and I started the blog. I finished up and Kathy came home. Had lunch. Downstairs to work on more projects. Upstairs to get cleaned up and go over to Gary’s for the Sunday Afternoon get together. Home and dinner. Some chores, computer updates, dessert. Bed, Big Bang and sleep.

9/7/20 – Monday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Kathy was out to go shopping with Julie and Chloe. I spent the day trying to rebuild Gary’s computer. Got the virtual serial port working but having problems with VBAN for the audio. Kathy came home and we had dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Bed, Computer work, TV and sleep.

9/8/20 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. I went out to the Morton Building and gave the truck a good bath. It was all over mud and grass from pulling the lawn tractor out of the ditch I got it stuck in. Finished up early afternoon and went in to eat a late lunch. Then cleaned up and downstairs to finish reloading Gary’s computer. Did some cleaning up. Upstairs for dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Up for dessert with Kathy, bed, computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

9/9/20 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Out for a motorcycle ride. Rode just short of 125 mile in 4 hours. That included a stop at Hooters for a bite of lunch. Home and cooled downed. Kathy came home and we had dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters. Dessert, Bed, computer updates, Big Bang and sleep.

9/10/20 – Thursday – Up at usual time and usual morning routine. Out to the Morton Building and gave the motorcycle a bath. Kathy came out and we put the solar cover back on the pool then gave her car a good cleaning inside and out. Brought the golf cart over and gave it a bath. Inside for lunch. Kathy took her car down to Daughertys to have the right front tire fixed. It had a slow leak. She came home and was feeling worse so I took her to the Norton emergent care facility in Middletown. Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Home and dessert. Computer updates. Bed, Big Bang, more computer work and sleep.

9/11/20 – Friday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Out and started the yard work. I was working solo today as Kathy has a hair appointment and still isn’t feeling top notch. Worked about 6 hours with about a 20 minute break for lunch. Not a prestine job but it looks much better then it did. Came inside, cooled down, cleaned up and had dinner. Chatted with the guys on 2 meters then upstairs to bed, movies, computer updates and sleep.

9/12/20 – Saturday – Up at the usual time and usual morning routine. Did chores around the house then cleaned up and out with Kathy to do some shopping. Hit a lot of stores and stopped to have a late lunch at Bob Evan’s. Home and took a nap. Up for a light dinner. Chatted with Mike on 2 meters. Did some work in the office. Upstairs, chores, bed, Big Bang and sleep.

Now the specifics:

Got my friend Gary’s computer back from Mike. All hardware issues have been addressed. Bad power supply and hard drive. Must have taken a static hit of some kind or Gary has learned a new way to really screw things up. Anyway, I forgot what I had done to it so I took pictures of all the paperwork I had given Gary. Things started coming back. I was able to get the virtual serial port working again rather quickly. But the audio stuff with VBAN was another story. Ended up being an issue with the way I had things configured on the XP machine. Once that was resolved the rest fell in place. Got that wrapped up late Tuesday afternoon/evening. Now it’s ready to go back to Gary’s.

A very clean truck

Tuesday I spent the day giving my truck a thorough cleaning. I used it last week to pull the lawn tractor out of the ditch and it was a mess. Mud and grass all over. So, I just took the day and cleaned it good inside and out. Doesn’t look too bad.

Along the same lines, Thursday I got the motorcycle out and cleaned it up. Kathy came out and since I had all the things out to do cleaning she brought her car over and we gave it a good cleaning. We also did her golf cart. I don’t think that thing has been touched since she got it. So now we have a clean truck, car, motorcycle and golf cart.

Wednesday was my motorcycle riding day. It was nice weather. Not too hot and not a cloud in the sky. I went south on route 55 from Taylorsville to the Blue Grass Parkway. Rode east and got off on route 31E and came up through Bardstown and up to Mount Washington where I got on route 44 and traveled east to the Dixie Highway. I like that section of road as it’s through some very rural areas and has some nice hills with plenty of challenging turns. Then north on the Dixie highway past all my old watering holes that have been closed by the COVID-19 political event and to the Gene Snyder. Rode that around to Preston Highway and went north to a Hooters I have been frequenting lately. Had lunch then back down Preston Highway to the Gene Snyder and on around to the east. I was planning on going up to Shelbyville road and going home that way but things were getting a little warm so I cut it short and got off on Taylorsville road and headed home. Got gas on the way so we are now cleaned up and gassed up ready for next weeks ride.

Kathy has not been feeling top notched lately. We thought it might be some new medicine she was taking so Julie and I encouraged her to stop that. She already had an appointment with the doctor but it’s not till next week. Thursday things got worse. She went to get a slow leak fixed in one of her car tires and when she came back she was complaining of a headache, ear ache and sore throat. She wanted to go to an emergent care I had gone to one time but it was closed because of COVID-19 and the only place that is in the same group as our doctor is more downtown. So we compromised and I took her to a Norton facility in Middletown. She said the folks there were very nice and the doctor did some tests and thought it was just her vertigo being aggravated by a viral condition. He gave her some prednisone and some other suggestions. Anyway, when she was done she felt good enough for me to take her to Olive Garden for dinner. Friday she got up feeling much better. Still has the appointment for the doctor this coming week.

I was holding off on doing yard work but the forecast changed and it looks like rain on Saturday. So I went out to do it Friday. Kathy had a hair appointment around noon so there was no point in her getting all dirty and sweaty before that. And when she came home she was very tired. So I did it solo this week. Took about 6 hours with a 20 minute break for lunch. It was worse than the last time. I’m not sure why but it was certainly wet and really clogged up the mower. But it’s done and looks better than it did.

Last but not least I was planning to get started on the hardware for Gary’s audio interface for his remote. But I was having problems with my printer and only had some cheap print cartridges from Inkjet.com. I just got them and didn’t have a high confidence level. So, we made a list of items we both needed and off we went. Started up at Lowes on Brownsboro road. Got some hardware, material to do a tune up on the lawn tractor and some potting soil. Then down to Westport road and a stop at Homedepot. Got more hardware and batteries. Then to the office supply store for print cartridges and to Bob Evans for a late lunch. Meijer grocery/department store is right across the street from Bob Evans so we went over there for some nail clippers, milk and eggs. Then headed home.

Well that’s about it for this week. Like I said, a very strenuous week. Got a lot of things done that have been waiting for attention. If I continue this I might get caught up in a couple weeks.

As always, hope this finds everyone safe and well. Stay that way. I’ll blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s