Week Ending 3/6/21

Wow, a very busy week and got a lot done……………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

2/28/21 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Worked on the weather issue with the website.  Got cleaned up after lunch and went over to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Mike helped me and we fixed the problem with Gary’s remote.  Home and usual evening routine.

3/1/21 – Monday – Up at the usual time.  Played radio for a couple hours while the bands where OK.  Then finished up work on the website and got it going again.  Had an excellent roast for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

3/2/21 – Tuesday – Up a little early and out for my wellness visit at the doctor’s.  Home and made an appointment to get the motorcycle maintenance done next week.  Did some more updates.  Lunch, played radio for awhile.  Finished inventorying coax.  Up for a nap.  Kathy was babysitting today.  She came home and we had dinner.  Usual evening routine.

3/3/21 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time, cleaned up and out to have our eyes examined.  Nothing drastic has changed.  I got another pair of glasses just for the hell of it.  Stopped at Chubby Ray’s in J-town on the way home for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwhichs.  Also made a stop at Kroger Pharmacy for a new prescription for me.  Did chores when I got home then out on the motorcycle to make sure everything was still OK.  Had a light snack for dinner and usual evening routine.

3/4/21 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Kathy was already out and up to babysit today.  I got my hair cut.  Home and got a company to come out and put out some mole traps.  Did paper work to get money from investments in New York over to Kentucky.  Lunch.  Called my son for his birthday.  Did filing and purging of file cabinet.  Gathered income tax paperwork in the mean time.  Kathy came home and we had dinner.  Usual evening routine.

3/5/21 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Played radio awhile.  Bands were good this morning.  Did PSK and SSB to Germany.  Then fixed a laptop for Julie.  Kathy was out to do banking for woman’s group at church then some shopping.  I helped her unload the car then lunch.  Felt like shit after lunch so laid down for a couple hours.  Up and made some pickled beats and eggs.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

3/6/21 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Started on my todoist.  Pet fence was first.  Of course everything went wrong.  But I got it done except for filling holes.  Then tried to help Kathy change her MyQ for the garage door but that didn’t go well.  Will have to call tech. support next week.  Had lunch then over to Gary’s to fix an issue he was having with his computer.  Over to the hardware store for material to finish the pet fence project.  Home and took care of that.  Started getting nanovna back up on my computer for Monday.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

Now the particulars:

The highlight of the week was my son’s birthday that was on Thursday. I called and got his voice mail. He called back and we had a good hour long chat. He seems happy but getting less tolerant of the assholes in New York. I did that long time ago but you learn to deal with it. Everything else seems to be going well in his life. Saving money for closing costs and down payment on something he can own instead of rent which is good.

Second most notable is the website is back up and working with all the bugs ironed out. If you have the inclination check it out at http://www.dandydan.org. Your browser may belly ache that the security certificate is invalid but just accept it and proceed. I didn’t feel like paying the extra $90 or so for one of their security certificates. Please feel free to sign the guest book if you would. I only have one entry and it was from a long time ago. Family pictures will be updated soon so stay tuned.

Tuesday morning I went for my wellness check at the doctor’s office. He said my blood work indicated that my thyroid medication needed increased. I saw that as a good thing since I’ve been gaining weight lately and a higher dose would tend to make me lose. Other than that it was the usual. Unfortunately I have to go back in a couple weeks and have blood work drawn again to see how the higher dose medicine is working.

After I got back from the doctor’s office I made some phone calls. One of which was to get my motorcycle in for it’s annual maintenance. I got an appointment for next Wednesday. I decided I should get it out and running to make sure I can get it over to the shop. So Wednesday this week I uncovered it and disconnected it from the shore line and it started right away. Didn’t hesitate a bit. So I took it for about a 30 mile ride. Really enjoyed getting out. Now just have to remove all the bags and detachables before I take it over next Tuesday. It’s on the schedule for first thing Wednesday morning. Should be able to go get it later Wednesday and bring it home.

This was the week to get caught up on things so Kathy and I both went into Oxmoor Mall to Lense Crafters for our annual eye exam. Nothing changed much. Kathy got more contacts and I bought another pair of glasses just for the hell of it. Actually, it seems a waste to pay all those monthly premiums to Eyemed and not take advantage of it. So, got the cheapest pair of frames with the usual adjustable stuff and the spring return on the ear pieces (Lynn will understand that). And lenses with the UV and scratch resistant coating all for a little over $150.

Gary’s remote setup took a hit more than a week ago. The power isn’t the most stable where he lives and I guess the hit was longer than normal. So it took down the Linux computer that makes everything work and it didn’t come back up correctly. I’ve been telling him to put a UPS on it but he hasn’t listened. So, Mike and I were over for the Sunday afternoon get together and he helped me get the audio configuration back to where it should be. Saved me time and running up and down the stairs to the barn. In the mean time I got a battery for his UPS and put that in so it’s now protected for any AC line anomalies.

A long time ago I built a website I called “TheFamilySharedRecipeSite”. It was so anyone in the family could input their recipes and anyone else could go in and use it or download it or whatever they wanted to do. Since I love pickled beets and eggs I had Kathy coach me through making a batch this week. I thought it would be nice to have a place for me to put my favorite recipes so if Kathy’s not here I could make whatever I wanted. Well that notion got put down very hard here. I haven’t talked to anyone else in the family about it but I will solicite opinions here. If I made such a site would you be willing to sit down and input any of your favorite recipes? Let me know. I have a feeling I’m not going to get a lot of favorable feedback on this which would make it a worthless endeavor.

We have moles attacking our yard. Last year they were down at the far end and I left them alone. You know, they need a place to live too. Well they have moved up and are right beside the house and headed for the front yard. Well I have drawn the line. Kathy and I tried some chemical repellents and smoke bombs and we didn’t or couldn’t tell if we were doing any good. So I call the “Molelliminator” on Thursday morning to come take a look. They only cost $45 per visit plus $5 an acre per visit and their track record looks like 3 or 4 visits. So that’s cheap enough. Well I called around 10AM Thursday and a little before lunch the guy called and asked if he could come set the traps as he was right out on route 155. I said yes and the traps are set. I think one is tripped and he will be back next week to retrieve any that were trapped and reset the traps. Can’t ask for any faster service.

Saturday this week I started on my todoist. Yea, that is spelled correctly. It’s the application I have all the things listed in so I don’t forget them. You know how it is when you get old. Anyway, one of the highest priorities was to fix the pet fence. I put it in several years ago for Bella but she was too stupid to figure out what all those flags were in the yard. In the mean time the wires out of the house were caught by the string trimmer and got cut. So I went out to splice them and as luck would have it they were cut right at the bottom of the PVC I had protecting them. So I had to remove the wiring into the house and replace it. Of course I had nothing to seal the hole with so I had to go to the hardware store for that material. This time I anchored the PVC protecting the wires to the wall of the house. Those wires will not get cut again by the string trimmer.

While I was over that Gary’s house I noticed a sign that I had to take a picture of. Now Gary’s last name is White. They used to live alone in a house but recently moved into a downstairs apartment area that is much smaller and suits their need better. A grandson and his family moved in upstairs and they have a different last name. So now the people that do deliveries and visitors not familiar with the arrangement get a little confused at times. So to fix it, Loretta (Gary’s wife) got this sign and put it up.

OK, now what do you think of this? Perhaps a good issue for the libtards?

Only one comment on the political situation today. I have been reading and of course the media is claiming that the cancelling of the XL pipeline and our inclusion into the Paris Climate Accord could not be affecting the increased gas prices. There reasoning is hilarious and if anyone believes what they are reading, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

OK, with that I’ll say I’m done. I want to thank Lynn especially for her ongoing comments. It does make me feel like this is worth it. I also know of some other people that read me on a regular basis and can not for a variety of reasons comment. I appreciate you all.

With that, I’ll stay goodbye for this week. As always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Stay that way. Blog at you again next week.

One thought on “Week Ending 3/6/21

  1. I would put recipes out there. I have a whole bunch on my Facebook “saved” feature. Have tried a lot of yummy things and willing to share.
    Glad to hear doctor visit went well. Lucky me…started Medicare March 1st. Just got all my new cards…now there are three instead of one…Medicare, Aetna (secondary) and my prescription card. More stuff for the wallet! Till next week…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s