Here are some directions to help get you started……………..
Let me start by saying I have not purchased a security certificate for my domain. Bottom line that certificate is to ensure you are connected to the site you think you are connected to. It costs close to $100 a year and I see no point. I’m not processing any critical data and your not going to be disclosing anything other than your email. So in going to my site you may, depending on what security settings you have in your browser, get a message that this is an unsecured site and warn you of the dangers of proceeding. Trust me, it is safe to proceed. Just don’t give up your credit card numbers or social security information. I will never ask for anything like that. With that being said, the following helps guide you through the process of getting started.
To get started you must create a log in. Follow the steps below.
- Go to http://dandydan.org/recipe (The first time you access the site you may have to click on the tomato at the top between the words “Food” and “Recipes” to see the icons at the top. There should be 4 vertical lines, an icon that looks like a person and a box with a pencil.)
- Click on the icon that is the 4 horizontal lines.
- Click on “Sign Up”.
- In the pop-up window enter your email address and a password of your choice. This will be the password for the recipe site and doesn’t have to be anything in particular. Don’t forget to enter the captcha code. It’s that 4 digit number to the right.
- Then click “Sign Up”. You should get a pop-up that tells you it sent an email to the email address you entered.
- Go to your email and click on the link in the email the site sent you. This is to verify the email address you entered.
- When you do that, you should get a screen that tells you your email address has been verified.
- Go back to http://dandydan.org/recipe
- Again, at the top of the screen click on the 4 horizontal lines. Click on “Log In”.
- In the pop-up window enter your email address and the password you entered when you signed up.
- Another pop-up window will display. Click “User Panel”.
- Enter a username and location you would like displayed when you enter a recipe. You can also upload a picture of yourself that will be displayed with the recipes you enter. Nothing is mandatory except for the username. This is also where you can change your password.
OK, you are all set to go. From here you can got to the 4 horizontal lines and pick “Post Your Recipe” and get started. You might want a picture of your creation to post with your recipe. When posting a recipe it will ask for a category and it will give you many options. This list is not cast in stone. If you wish to have a category that is not available, send me an email and I will add it. As always, if you have any question don’t hesitate to contact me.