Week Ending 10/9/21

Not an exceptional week but stayed busy………………………….

As always, first the chronology:

10/3/21 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Chores around the house.  Kathy was up and out to church in J-town.  I went to church locally.  Home and lunch.  Down to work on the blog.  Over to Gary’s for the afternoon get together.  Home and took Kathy to Applebees for dinner.  Back home and chores.  Finished up the blog.  Otherwise the usual evening routine.

10/4/21 – Monday – Up at the usual time.  Handled some banking business and got an estimate on tires for the truck.  Lunch and out to put the pool filter and pump in the Shop.  Took the motor apart to see what kind of switch I need.  Inside and ordered switch.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

10/5/21 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Did some more banking and got them to order the tires for the truck.  Kathy and I went over to the Kennedy’s farm where the repeater is.  Kathy socialized with Leeta and Patrick and I worked on the repeater.  Over to Shelbyville for dinner at the Mexican restaurant.  Stopped at CVS for Flonase.  Lowes for Mums.  Home and put things away.  Otherwise the usual evening routine.

10/6/21- Wednesday – Up at the usual time.  Did chores around the house.  Kathy I and went out shortly before noon.  Was out running around all day doing a number of things.  Had lunch at Milano’s.  Just a snack for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

10/7/21 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Did chores around the house.  Then started working on the tube project.  Finished up testing all the tubes I could.  Discarded the bad tubes with all the packaging.  Then sorted and recorded all the tubes that tested good.  Put the items I can’t test in a box to take to Gary’s next week. Usual evening routine with a trip to Country Mart for some groceries and desert.

10/8/21 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Cut the new indoor/outdoor carpet for Kathy’s office.  The animals did a number on the one that’s there.  Looked for carpet tape with no luck.  The mail came and got the new switch for the pool pump.  Went over to the shop and put that on the motor.  Things are still drying out so can’t put them away for the winter yet.  Also got the new drain cover for out front so put that on and cleaned crap out of another drain.  Came inside and Kathy announced she had dropped one of the light panels in the kitchen  and broke it.  So I got cleaned up and went down to Taylorsville looking for things.  Found some carpet tape but tried it and it was no good.  Had lunch then over to Lowes.  Got carpet tape and panels that were too small.  Did some things in the shack then off to testing in J-town.  Kathy took the panels back to Lowes but they didn’t have anything else that would work.  I got home from the testing session and we went for a late dinner at Hometown Pizza.  Home, dessert and chores.  Usual evening routine the rest of the evening.

10/9/21 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Kathy was getting ready to go out and spend the day with Julie.  I fixed the office chair I use at my HAM desk so it doesn’t go down by itself.  Goofed off the rest of the day while Kathy was gone.  Did some reading and played radio.  Kathy came home late afternoon and we had dinner.  Usual evening routine.

First and foremost, I’d like all my readers to keep my friend Lynn in their thoughts and prayers. She went into the hospital for a rather simple procedure that turned into a major issue that required her to be transported to another hospital with more services. Will keep you posted as I hear more.

I finished up the efforts on the tubes this week on Thursday. I got all the tubes I could test done. Got rid of those that were no good or week and categorized all the ones that tested good. Printed out two copies of the inventory and will take that and the stuff I can’t test or don’t want over to Gary’s this afternoon for the get together.

Managed to get all my ducks lined up in the world of banking. Always get that done in October so I can spread out the tax liabilities for the year. Only had one paper to sign so that was one thing we did when out running around on Wednesday. Also got the property taxes paid on the next door field that we bought a few years back.

Also got an estimate on new tires for the truck. Got one from the guy I normally deal with here in Taylorsville and a couple other places. The local guy is a little more expensive but I trust his work and he will go out of his way to accommodate me. So I had him order the tires. They came in Friday so I’ll drop the truck off tonight and he’ll get them put on tomorrow sometime. And you don’t want to know how much they cost.

Last week we got all the stuff off the pool deck and secured that. Got the pool drained a little to accommodate the pillow and cover so that’s all done. All that was remaining was to disconnect the pump and filter. Clean it up and put it away for the winter. Somehow the switch got broken off the pump but since it was broken in the on position, we continued to use it and just unplugged it when we need to stop it. So, when I got things over in the shop, I took the pump motor apart to see what it needed. I got the information off the assembly on Monday and ordered the switch. It came in the mail Friday so I replace it and the stuff is now in the shop drying out. I’ll put it in it’s storage spot this week some day.

By the way, we stopped at Lowes for some things on Tuesday and Succulents were on sale for half price. I don’t even know what a Succulent is but It’s fun to say the name. It tickled the cashier.

Friday was my busy day. I got my ass in gear and got the new indoor/outdoor carpet cut to fit in Kathy’s office. The new dog made a mess of it while we were house training him. I had some carpet tape somewhere but couldn’t find it so I went to the ACE hardware store in Taylorsville. They only had some that was in a 2′ by 3′ chunk. I bought it and tried it when I got home. It didn’t stick to anything. So, went to Lowes to get some. While there I picked up a couple panels for the ceiling lights in the kitchen. The tape worked but the ceiling lights were too small. Dealt with fixing up the drains out front so we won’t have a river flowing through Kathy’s bushes out front. Then Friday evening went to J-town for HAM testing. Had two people show up. One took the Technician test and the other had gotten his Technician at the hamfest and he upgraded to General.

The desk chair that I have at my HAM desk has a bad cylinder on it. As every chair of that type, after awhile it won’t stay in the position you set it. Since I normally use it in the highest position, I took the piston out of it and cut a piece of copper tubing the length of the small rod coming out of the piston. I put that over the rod when I put the chair back together and now it stays up where I want it.

Well that’s it for this week. Again, please keep my friend Lynn in your thoughts and prayers. Otherwise, I hope this finds everyone safe and well. Stay that way. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s