Week Ending 4/23/22

Not an exciting week…………………………………………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

4/17/22 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Morning chores and out to church with Kathy.  Home and a light lunch.  Down and did the blog.  Up and helped Kathy make things for dinner tonight.  Took the truck down to Daugherty’s for them to check the breaks tomorrow then over to Mike and Julie’s for dinner.  Back home, unloaded the car and usual evening routine.

4/18/22 – Monday – Up a little early today with dogs barking.  Out to Harbor Freight to pick up some things that were on sale.  Stop at Lowes for garbage bags.  Home and put things away.  Had left over Chinese for lunch.  Kathy went to the woman’s circle at the Lutheran Church for lunch and a little get together.  I went to the shack and did some research.  She came home and we took a little nap.  Up and dinner.  Usual evening routine.

4/19/22 – Tuesday – Up at the usual time.  Out and up on the roof to re-orient my yagi antenna.  Down and put things away.  Worked on reloading the laptop awhile.  Lunch.  Out to the Morton building and did maintenance on the push lawn mowers.  Practiced a little archery.  Back inside and back to the laptop.  Dinner and continued the effort on the laptop.  Otherwise, usual evening routine.

4/20/22 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time.  Kathy was off to Shelbyville for a medical procedure then some shopping.  I spent most of the day in the shack trying to get FLDIGI working with my old ICOM IC-735.  Kathy came home, helped her unload the car.  Then lunch.  She went down to renew her car registration.  I practice my archery awhile.  A little nap, then up to Oldham County to see our grandson Carter inducted into the Beta Club.  Then dinner with the Rice family at Olive Garden.  Home and usual evening routine.

4/21/22 – Thursday – Up late this morning.  Was up around 3AM wide eyed and bushy tailed.  Couldn’t go back to sleep for several hours.  Then Rusty decided I needed to get up around 8 and pounced on me.  Finally gave up and got out of bed at 9AM.  Spent the day in the shack.  Got a lot done.  Cleaned things up so I have room to work now.  Kathy spent the day cleaning and doing laundry.  Otherwise, uneventful.

4/22/22 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Chores around the house and cleaned up.  Out to Kroger to pick up prescriptions.  Then to Hooter’s for lunch.  Them some R&R.  Home by 3:30.  Kathy was working hard all day so I took her out to Cattleman’s for dinner.  Home and usual evening routine.

4/23/22 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to work on the driveway.  Spent the day power washing it.  Nothing else notable for the day.  Usual evening routine.

Now the specifics:

Sunday was Easter so we made things and took over to Mike and Julie’s for dinner Sunday evening. Mike had to work so dinner worked well for everyone. A good time was had by all.

Tuesday I was up on the roof again. It seems the storm blew the antenna around a little so it had to be re-oriented to point the right direction. Tried to tighten things down better but if we get heavy winds it will probably move. Next time I’ll take a drill and big bolt up to the roof with me and put that through the mast and tripod. Then it won’t move for sure.

Wednesday I finished up re-loading the laptop. Got the presentation for next months HAM club meeting started. Another project off my list.

Wednesday night we went to the Oldham County Middle School and watched Carter getting inducted into the Beta club. Not sure what that means. You have to be invited and you must keep a minimum grade average plus do a minimum number of community service hours. I guess it’s a prestigious thing. And there are scholarships associated with it. In any event, he was excited and we were proud of him.

On a down note, Chloe was having problems with her knee and had an incident at ballet that aggravated it. She went to a pediatric orthopedic doctor and was told to stay off of it for a couple weeks. That means she won’t be able to perform in the spring ballet concert. Needless to say she is not happy about that.

Thursday I spent the day cleaning up the shack and work area. All clean now. I can actually put things on the work bench.

Friday was an R&R day for me. I took off shortly before lunch. Made a stop at Kroger for prescriptions. Quick stop at the bank and to Hooter’s for lunch. Stopped at a couple watering holes on the way home. Was back home by 3:30PM.

Saturday I spent all day outside pressure washing the driveway. We have this problem with mold around here and the driveway had a black layer on it. It’s all gone now.

Got out a couple times to practice my archery. I am improving slowly but sure.

Also had some time to get out in the Morton building and get lawn mowers serviced.

That’s it for this week. Hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s