Week Ending 7/23/22

An interesting week…………………………………………………………………..

As always, first the chronology:

7/17/22 – Sunday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and chores around the house.  Out to church with Kathy.  Home and a quick bite to eat.  Then into J-town to help with the HAM testing.  Stopped at Kroger’s on the way home and picked up prescriptions for Kathy.  Got home and picked up Kathy then over to Cattleman’s to have dinner with the Rice family.  Stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home for desert.  Otherwise, usual evening routine.

7/18/22 – Monday – Up late this morning.  Woke up around 4AM and couldn’t get back to sleep till about 6.  Kathy was off to watch the grand kids.  I spent most of the day submitting logs for  the RTTY contest this weekend and getting the other log files in order.  Had Mac and Cheese for lunch.  Mid afternoon I needed a nap.  Woke up when Kathy came home.  Had dinner and usual evening routine.

7/19/22 – Tuesday – Got a call yesterday that Kathy’s car was done.  So this morning we went into J-town and retrieved it for her.  I came home and made an appointment for the Vibe.  Brakes are definitely bad.  Did some research online.  Kathy got home after some shopping and packed a lunch to go to the Lutheran Woman’s group.  I went over to Gary’s and tried to resolve his audio issues.  Had some luck but not perfect.  Home and took a nap.  Up for dinner.  Usual evening routine.

7/20/22 – Wednesday – Up at the usual time.  Kathy was off to watch the grand kids.  I got cleaned up and went over to Gary’s.  His remote still isn’t working correctly.  Left there and went to Hooter’s for lunch.  Then to Home Depot and OfficeMax for binders and light bulbs for in the bathrooms.  Home about 2PM and took the dogs out.  Had some dessert and then about an hour nap.  Downstairs and started copying some code.  Kathy came home so we went to Hometown Pizza for dinner and picked up the Vibe on the way home.  Brakes are much better now.  Otherwise the usual evening routine.

7/21/22 – Thursday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and downstairs for make phone calls.  Among other things got an appointment on Monday with a orthopedic doctor to look at my knee.  Had lunch then played radio.  Bands were poor.  Took a nap.  They came to mow our field.  Then the guy that runs the transmission shop were Kathy’s car was dropped by to put the fuse cover on that they forgot.  Dinner and usual evening routine.

7/22/22 – Friday – Up at the usual time.  Cleaned up and out to work on Gary’s remote again.  Think I got it nailed down now.  Home and lunch.  The dogs were at the groomers so Kathy and I took advantage of the quiet time and took a long nap.  I did some chores around the house.  Then dinner and usual evening routine.

7/23/22 – Saturday – Up at the usual time.  Had gastrointestinal issues so called and cancelled lunch with the guys and went back to bed.  Felt crappy and it felt like I was having some kind of muscle spasm in my upper body.  Rested and things seemed to subside.  Had lunch and got a shower.  Felt like crap again.  Back to bed.  Up for dinner and usual evening routine except things got worse.  Took one of those in home COVID tests and it was negative.  Although from what I’ve heard they are all negative.  Anyway, decided to bite the bullet and go to the emergency room.  Well, they took me rather quickly as I was in Atrial Fib with a pulse rate around 140.  Needless to say I spent the night in the ER. 

Now the specifics:

I was asked to help with testing on Sunday at the Masonic Lodge in J-town. No on showed up but at least we were there if someone wanted to test.

After doing the testing in the afternoon I went home and picked up Kathy and we went to Cattleman’s for dinner on the Rice family. A good day indeed.

Monday I spent most of the day up loading the log files from Saturday. We did the North American QSO contest on RTTY. Then had to meld those files into my personal files so I can keep track of things. Also got some cards returned for the 13 Colonies Contest the beginning of the month.

We got a call Monday that Kathy’s car was done so we went into J-town to pick it up. I drove the Vibe and it definitely had brake problems. When I got home I called Daugherty’s and got it scheduled for next week. We had the chance so we took it down and dropped it off as I wasn’t going to let anyone drive it the way it was. Wednesday morning got a call that the Vibe was done. They found one of the rear brake pads had been thrown and it scored the rotor. So, two new rotors and new brake pads to the tune of $350.00. I was a little pissed as I had taken it to them prior for suspect brake issues and they claim they couldn’t find anything. Oh well. Water over the dam.

Wednesday Kathy was out to watch the grand kids again so I went over to Gary’s and did some work over there. Then to Hooter’s for lunch and up to Home Depot for light bulbs and OfficeMax for binders. Home and stopped at Daugherty’s to pay for the work on the Vibe. Kathy got home and we went to Home Town Pizza for dinner and picked up the Vibe on the way home.

My right knee is still acting up and I’m not sure it’s all related to my back. I understand that back problems can cause pain to radiate down the legs but my right knee is making clicking sounds and acting strange. So Thursday I called the orthopedic doctor that Kathy and I have been using and managed to get an appointment for next Monday. So hopefully I’ll get some clarification on that issue.

They came and mowed and bailed the hay from our field this week. It really looks nice now.

While in the picture mood, the dogs seemed to be in a cooperative spirit so I got a nice picture of them.

Not sure what the issues are with Gary’s remote setup. I was over there three days this week trying to fix it. It’s difficult with all the auto leveling involved. The problem is not easily detected at his house. It only seems to be obvious when he is on the air. I think I got a handle on it this week but we’ll see.

And to give you a flavor for how nice people are around here. The guy at the transmission shop that we took Kathy’s car to called Thursday this week and said he had the fuse panel cover for the car in his shop. He was extremely apologetic and wanted to bring it right out. He lives here about a 1/4 mile down the street. We told him not to make a special trip and just drop it off on his way home. He not only came over to drop it off but insisted that he put it on for us. Now that is service.

OK, well that’s it for this week. I’ll have more on the ER visit next week. As always, hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Blog at you again next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s